Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dirt Rally 2.0

• 26-09-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭

www.dirtrally2.com

Release Date:
    February 26th 2019

DiRT Rally 2.0 dares you to carve your way through a selection of iconic rally locations from across the globe, in the most powerful off-road vehicles ever made, knowing that the smallest mistake could end your stage.

You will need to rely on your instincts with the most immersive and truly focused off-road experience yet, including a new authentic handling model, tyre choice and surface deformation.

Power your rally car through real-life off-road environments in New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA, with only your co-driver and instincts to guide you. Race on eight official circuits from the FIA World Rallycross championship, complete with licensed Supercars and support series.

Develop your team and cars around race strategies, and progress through a varied selection of Events and Championships in both a single player Career Campaign and a competitive online environment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I hope they don't mess this up!!

*crosses fingers & toes*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Brilliant news :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/dirt-rally-20-has-no-vr-support-planned

Looks like it's a no from me unless this changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Doge wrote:
    Looks like it's a no from me unless this changes.

Can't believe they wont add VR support. Bad decision there. Hopefully uproar from the community will change their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Seems silly to leave out VR. I hear Dirt Rally 1 is one of the best examples of VR.
    Anyway, delighted to hear about 2.0. A proper successor with lots of Rally routes please.

• Advertisement

Here's the Dirt 2.0 livestream for anyone that missed it:

Starts 4 mins in. Their rally consultant Jon Armstrong is some pilot!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

pfff turned it off when i saw ur man playing with bonnet cam .

Dcully wrote: »
    pfff turned it off when i saw ur man playing with bonnet cam .

He primarily used the inside view though.
    And of course it's expected that he'd cycle through the views to keep everyone happy during a showcase.

You don't have that much patience when it comes to videos! :pac:

Just joking man I watched it all.
    Real men race in cockpit view only.................... unless it's an unforgiving rally sim where death is around ever corner lol

Personally i have no interest in VR and dont get why people dismiss a sim or game purely because it doesnt have VR then again i havent gone out and splashed out on vr gear but its a tiny percentage that use vr so i can understand when devs dont focus on it.

This will obviously be a top class rally sim,, only improvement i want is mouse support in the ui.

Just joking man I watched it all.
    Real men race in cockpit view only.................... unless it's an unforgiving rally sim where death is around ever corner lol

Personally i have no interest in VR and dont get why people dismiss a sim or game purely because it doesnt have VR then again i havent gone out and splashed out on vr gear but its a tiny percentage that use vr so i can understand when devs dont focus on it.

This will obviously be a top class rally sim,, only improvement i want is mouse support in the ui.

Haha I thought you were serious!

I don't have room for triple screens in my games room and I just don't find playing on a single 24" 1080p screen that's 4 feet away all that immersive.

Once you go VR and don't have issues with the resolution you don't want to go back!

Been able to move your head and see the car when it starts to drift is just unbeatable imo.

It's no wonder why peoples lap times improve in VR.

Also the amount of people that have VR setups seems under esrimated, every second comment on the Dirt Facebook page is a request for VR support.

It makes no sense that they'd leave it out as it gives a much more immersive experience.

You should try it out sometime.

• Advertisement

I have no doubt its awesome, but the cost plus performance hit and resolution turns me right off for now.

One could say its not truely market ready yet but if it was working as intended as you say i believe you and one would never go back.

I tried triples briefly and while it was great it took up a lot of room and was not practical for my everyday setup.

I found an ultrawide 2560X1080 29" monitor was a great compromise but i then wanted a 2560X1440 144hz monitor for general gaming and i find it great for simracing too.

I can understand the annoyance of not having VR but i dont think i would totally blank a desirable sim because of it, but then again if i experienced VR i might think differently.

I can understand the annoyance of not having VR but i dont think i would totally blank a desirable sim because of it, but then again if i experienced VR i might think differently.

With a setup like yours it's understandable that you wouldn't blank the game.
    When you have a crappier visual setup like mine and have VR also, you just won't be as interested.

For a while I completely stopped playing 2D games because of VR, it's that addictive and immersive.

Anyone played yet?
    I havent hooked up my wheel since before xmas as i got a bit burned out but this looks insane fun :)

According to Jimmy the handling is extremely improved on mud and gravel but needs to be improved on tarmac.

He went to a rally school recently and found that you have to be very careful with the throttle on wet gravel or mud or the car would spin out unlike the first Dirt Rally.

He said it felt just like that in 2.0 so looks like it's a solid improvement.

Looking forward to buying it in the summer when VR support is out.

Here's a summary of the physics in Dirt Rally 2.0 from GamerMuscle:

Saw a very favourable review and pre-ordered this today.
    Apparently better than the first? :O Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'm holding off buying it after what I've read about the ffb problems people are reporting.

Apparently there is absolutely no surface detail or any ffb registering from jumps and bumps.

CM say they are looking into it.

Yeah I saw some guy hack an XML file in the Dirt Rally group to make the FFB stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,087 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Advertisement

I see there is supposed to be an update today that will fix the FFB issue.
    Interested to see how this turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

eyerer wrote: »
    I see there is supposed to be an update today that will fix the FFB issue.
    Interested to see how this turns out.

I'll be watching the forums to see if CM have finally fixed it. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on Dirt 2.

I've read a couple of positive things so I'm downloading the game now. I'll try it tomorrow.
    If it's not amazing I won't buy the DLC, hopefully it will be good and I'll buy the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If anyone still plays this game and has it on steam, just found a key for a DLC for it in an old account (unused)

DiRT Rally 2.0 - H2 RWD Double Pack AEJNW-EM6MF-5CDEA

Advertisement