Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tips for first performance nerves

• 21-05-2020 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

41 yrs old. Always knew I had a good voice and wanted to sing but nerves held me back my whole life. Finally said 'now or never' - joined a band, have 30 or so cover tracks down now, so ready for a first gig. Rest of the band are many yrs experienced and dying to get out there and play, but I am absolutely bricking it! Any tips for stage fright/ performance anxiety? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭tinofapples

41 yrs old. Always knew I had a good voice and wanted to sing but nerves held me back my whole life. Finally said 'now or never' - joined a band, have 30 or so cover tracks down now, so ready for a first gig. Rest of the band are many yrs experienced and dying to get out there and play, but I am absolutely bricking it! Any tips for stage fright/ performance anxiety? thanks!

Best of luck, life's too short .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Confidence will build after a few gigs. My worst fear was forgetting a solo or chord and messing things up but for some reasopn on the night i was always ok.
    Run through the set before the gig if you can with the band or even on your own like i used to do and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Something that worked for me when I was starting out was that regardless of what i was doing on stage, people will be looking so, why don't i just have fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Abacus330

Pick Three spots in the venue to focus on,
    1. a sign at the back centre Exit or something like that
    2. Centre left. the leg of a table or such.
    3 front Right ie. someones hat.
    This should get you going. Look towards these as you sing.. As you move along occasionally glance across the crowd. you will be bound to see a friendly face .
    and back to the focus points. It worked for many and hope it does for you. Good luck and try to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Op here. Its been a while since I checked the thread but thank you for the responses. Some good tips there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I used to just hate the audience - then I didnt give a **** what they thought

• Registered Users Posts: 6 StupidLife

i dont really have any tips. any time i busked and sang i was at least a little drunk, but i dont recommend that if you want a good finished product. all i can say is the best of luck

Advertisement