Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip hop releases 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Mac's first posthumous album will drop next week, the 17th of January.

The statement below was posted by his family on his instagram.

The theory that he was working on Circles has been around since he passed and I'm so happy it's getting its release. And what a fantastic statement from his family, they've not milked his death one bit, nor let a label do it. Compare that to how Xxxtentacion's family have acted since his, it's refreshing to see.

Theres been a few songs leaked, that are supposedly from Circles and they've been incredible songs. Cannot wait to hear this.

https://twitter.com/MacMillerMemoir/status/1214941315512897541?s=20

First song “Good News” from Mac's new album dropped last night. Song leaked a while back, but it's good to see its got its official release.

Video's a belter. Get the tissues ready my dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

First song off Good News from Mac's new album dropped last night. Song leaked a while back, but it's good to see its got its official release.

Video's a belter. Get the tissues ready my dudes.

Yeah it’s fantastic, can’t wait to sit and enjoy the album next week. Swimming first, then into circles :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Your Old Droogs new album is well worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Mos Def / yasin bey releasing an album only to be heard in a museum

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/if-you-care-about-rap-dont-release-your-album-in-a-museum/

• Advertisement

Eminem has dropped a new album Music To Be Murdered By.guests Anderson .Paak, The Roots’ Black Thought, Q-Tip, Ed Sheeran, Royce da 5’9″, and Skylar Grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Mac Miller's new album is out now.

Also dreamville just dropped a deluxe version of revenge of the dreamers 3 which has 12 extra songs. The original album was my album of the year 2019 so can't wait to listen to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

peteeeed wrote: »
    Eminem has dropped a new album Music To Be Murdered By.guests Anderson .Paak, The Roots’ Black Thought, Q-Tip, Ed Sheeran, Royce da 5’9″, and Skylar Grey.

https://twitter.com/Eminem/status/1218036500698468352?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tuff Gong

Lovin' it.
    Fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

only song that i really like.

Few others are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Circles is amazing.

Unbelievable alright, some departure from his other work, very like his Spotify sessions. Was hoping he’d spit hard on one track, but at the same time I wouldn’t change it.

I’m not sure it fits into hip hop, more like Larry lovestein’s “you” mixed with indie folk.

Circles is beautiful. Everything I could have hoped for. I absolutely adore the direction he was going in and I'll forever be sad he didn't get to see his potential through. An absolutely ridiculously talented musician.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭buried

Been really digging Madlib and Oh No's 'The Professionals' project. Some great beats/samples again by the mighty Madlib

https://madlib.bandcamp.com/album/the-professionals

Also up on the spotify

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Circles is beautiful

Roddy Rich's album is great.

2020's breakout star.

About halfway through that Roddy album having never listened to a minute of him before. Very easy to listen to, hints of Kendrick in some of his songs with jazzy production and rhyming schemes, but then other songs more like Wayne with how he puts patterns together and flows. Will give this a few spins for sure.

Loving the new guilty Simpson album,the leonard Simpson duo ' LSD' never heard of producer Jeremy toy, I Google him, he's from new Zealand

Gilles Peterson radio show
    Hip Hop special with DJ Premier and Edan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000f6k5

New Royce album today, it's pretty good so far, on my first listen about half way through.
    When I heard he was producing it all, I was worried, I though there would be a similar sound throughout, but that is not the case at all.
    The beats are varied and flow together lovely. Some nice appearances so far as well.

• Advertisement

I hope AZ has some good production on that album!

Album is class. Production so good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

T. Hanks^ wrote: »

Album is class. Production so good too.
    Is Trigger on this album or was "Watch Were Ya Walk" just a single for Trigger to release?

Joyner Lucas album is good

Getting good play

Like this track

Roddy Ricch is the man.

https://www.shortlist.com/lists/best-hip-hop-albums-of-all-time-400060

when i see 3 feet high and rising at 18 and 2 pac 12 places above i shiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

https://www.shortlist.com/lists/best-hip-hop-albums-of-all-time-400060

when i see 3 feet high and rising at 18 and 2 pac 12 places above i shiver
    It is generally a pretty poor list alright, but I guess, if its based on a public vote, then you're going to get skewed by whats popular rather than whats great.

A few in there are very much the kind of albums that a teenager would vote for as "classic" or obscure artists, when they're far from it

Advertisement