Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squawk as you see fit (Off Topic Thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 821 ✭✭✭eatmyshorts

For those of you following the EI cadetship thread.......

g1382102127623271969.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

For those of you following the EI cadetship thread.......

g1382102127623271969.jpg

Maybe i should use that as a signature here :D

Remind me to mind my head when standing on a gloster meteor here in malta while watching wing clearance between a dc3 and the meteor grrrr. it hurt lol

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

andy_g wrote: »
    Remind me to mind my head when standing on a gloster meteor here in malta while watching wing clearance between a dc3 and the meteor grrrr. it hurt lol

bastard

All that hard work someone has to do it :D
    Anyone need pics of any aircraft in particular ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There's some juicy looking Storm Warnings ahead. Could have some fun here. :)

Listening in on the ORK Tower feed, EI715 reporting light turbulence on approach to RWY 17 but got down on first attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

EI 710 Cork to LHR at 7.30am cancelled due to weather.:confused:

Your in the wrong thread lads this is off topic

Doesn't look like we'll have the battle of the brave landers tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Does anyone watch Ireland's Search and Rescue on RTE? New series started today.

The one where they were fighting to save the six week old baby's life - heart breaking :(

I can't believe that a BA flight from LCY to SNN is given the callsign 'Speedbird 1'. Hardly the most prestigious route on BA's portfolio. Cool callsign though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Its also the callsign when it leaves Shannon after refueling and CBP clearance and routes onto JFK.

Apparently it's got 36 business class only seats.

Callsign used to be carried by concorde.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Oh......interesting....but like the "new" mini it may well lose all sexiness:

http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/awx_11_01_2013_p0-632731.xml&p=1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

flazio wrote: »
    I can't believe that a BA flight from LCY to SNN is given the callsign 'Speedbird 1'. Hardly the most prestigious route on BA's portfolio. Cool callsign though. :)

Its to echo Concorde and their claim that the door-to-door time from a City of London office to a Manhattan office is much the same as it was on Concorde - due to avoiding travel to Heathrow, Heathrow itself and JFK immigration.

Return flight is BA002 and the evening pair is BA003/004.

Aer Lingus seem to be avoiding reusing their "premium" flight codes (EI100-103), think the Dubai flights had them?

hF11CD62D

And now we're back to off topic.

So what do you lads do when you're not talking about planes, helis and other things aviation? :pac:

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    So what do you lads do when you're not talking about planes, helis and other things aviation? :pac:

Sip latte's with the vip's here in Malta then of to the pub for beer that costs 1.75E oh yeah :D

Sip latte's with the vip's here in Malta then of to the pub for beer that costs 1.75E oh yeah :D

:eek:

You're living the dream, andy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

sounds alright that!

• Advertisement

Well thats on the days off :D other than that flying vintage aircraft :D Taking a year away from the 737's.

More than welcome to visit lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭GTE

I hear that a second Emirates flight to Dubai is confirmed for December onwards, Saturdays only. Waters being tested with a second 777.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

bbk wrote: »
    I hear that a second Emirates flight to Dubai is confirmed for December onwards, Saturdays only. Waters being tested with a second 777.

would there be the Pax for 2 777's a day from EIDW to DXB? (i guess they'll find out)

Razor44 wrote: »
    would there be the Pax for 2 777's a day from EIDW to DXB? (i guess they'll find out)

Load factors are running at about 90%+. First and Business are regularly full.

If it's true, then we'd have 3 777s and an A330 going from DUB to the UAE on Saturdays :eek:

Just saw you mentioned Saturdays only. We don't do 1x weekly flights. If there's any truth to the rumour, then that's likely to be a frieghter flight on a schedule like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭GTE

I will look forward to seeing how this pans out. December 21st is the date I heard in Dubai. One hour after current flight. Delays and things could see a couple of 777s land one after the other - optimistically speaking.

*waits*

Hows the weather at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Bessarion

....Waters being tested with a second 777.

Thats some way to test the waters!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

It is Xmas... maybe there is a seasonal demand for it!!

Advertisement