Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Was there a reason why this was set to a purely rookie draft? First time doing this with FAs being excluded from the draft. Feels weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Tristram wrote: »
    Was there a reason why this was set to a purely rookie draft? First time doing this with FAs being excluded from the draft. Feels weird.

This is the way most Dynasty drafts works from my experience of fantasy baseball (where Dynasty format is more common)

Fair enough. Maybe I misunderstood but when I read the thread last year a rookie/FA draft was referred to several times so I thought they would be drafted together instead of split.

For anyone who's having difficulty, have mad a rough list of all the rookies based on the fantasy leagues FA pool.

Basically it's anyone who is on a roster now, and was not in the fantasy league last year. Not to be taken as gospel but a good starting point.

Have attached the Excel file. If anyone doesn't have Excel and wants a look I can put it on Google Docs, just let me know.

Good luck drafting everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

If people want the draft to include current Free agents then we can do that. If most people want it we will change it but needs to be decided quickly. Post your choice below. Rookies only or rookies & free agents.

• Advertisement

Like the idea of rookie draft, but don't think there's 60 rookies worth drafting, so I'll vote for FA & Rookie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

I would go rookie only. Its a dynasty league. Not every player you draft is for or should be for now. The point is to pick up a rookie bench him and let him develop for a year or two. I agree there is not much dept there but you don't have to make a pick and can make a bid for fa after the draft (maybe switch it to before for next year).

Rookies & FA together makes the draft itself more interesting so it has my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Rookies only for me!

The first trade of the 2013 season has been accepted. After a long negotiation process, Aille Cows and Pillow fighters have come to terms on star quaterback, Russel Wilson. Wilson will go to PF with Jairus Byrd going the other way bringing a couple of draft pick with him (1st 2013, 3rd 2014).

Shall I start the draft process now or wait for a rookie only, rookie/fa confirmation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Would've thought if you added FAs to the draft, it'd reduce the importance of the FA auction budget, which I was kind of looking forward to. So I'll vote for a rookie-only draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

gufc21 wrote: »
    The first trade of the 2013 season has been accepted. After a long negotiation process, Aille Cows and Pillow fighters have come to terms on star quaterback, Russel Wilson. Wilson will go to PF with Jairus Byrd going the other way bringing a couple of draft pick with him (1st 2013, 3rd 2014).

Shall I start the draft process now or wait for a rookie only, rookie/fa confirmation?

Congrats on the first trade. Propose the trade for the players on the site and add a note saying what picks are included.

As for starting this draft. If your intention is to draft a rookie then fire ahead, if a free agent is being considered then wait until outcome of the vote (currently 5-3 in favour of rookie draft)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Rookie only seems more interesting to me

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I vote for Rookies and FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Rookies only.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Rookies only.

Without trying to guess the outcome of the vote (it does look like a rookie only one seen as only 1 more vote is needed to keep it the same)

With the first pick of the 2013 draft the Aille Cows select....

Tavon Auston wr West Virginia

pm sent for next pick

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Giovani Bernard RB Cin

Montee Ball RB Denver

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Le'Veon Bell, RB, Steelers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Eddie Lacy, RB Green Bay Packers

Marcus Lattimore, RB, 49ers

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

DeAndre Hopkins, WR - Houston Texans

Sending PM now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Christine Michael RB SEA

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

With the 9th pick in the 2013 draft, the Polar Bears select....Tyler Eifert, TE, CIN.

I made a list of picks so far, if you want to add to it.

Round 1.

1. Tavon Austin, WR, STL.
    2. Giovani Bernard, RB, CIN.
    3. Montee Ball, RB, DEN.
    4. Le'Veon Bell, RB, PIT.
    5. Eddie Lacy, RB, GB.
    6. Marcus Lattimore, RB, SF.
    7. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, HOU.
    8. Christine Michael, RB, SEA.
    9. Tyler Eifert, TE, CIN.

Who'll be the first to take a QB? ;)