Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,321 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Invitations have been sent out, sorry for the delay. Wanted to wait for the first 12 people that threw their name into the hat but one or two didn't reply. Also, apologies to those who were too late!

Ye'd probably get another 12 teamer.
    You said to pm you if interested. I did that and you haven't got back to me. Your post didn't suggest that you had to post in the thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

eagle eye wrote: »
    You said to pm you if interested. I did that and you haven't got back to me. Your post didn't suggest that you had to post in the thread.

same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

eagle eye wrote: »
    My post didn't suggest that, you sent your email so I sent you an invite. Check your junk box as someone's invite ended up there.

Edit: Malachy, between people showing interest in this thread or via PM you just missed out.

Once I had 12 email addresses I sent the invites in bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I was going to wait til June to post this but seeing as how there's leagues being organised already:

Figured it be better to post here than to start thread.

I don't know how much interest there'll be in this, especially with a keeper league already running, but I was wondering how many people would want to do a dynsaty league.

I was thinking this format:

8 - 12 teams on nfl.com

30 player rosters

Starting positions:
    1QB
    1HB
    2WR
    2OffFlex
    1TE
    3IDP (1DL, 1LB, 1DB) - wouldn't mind adding more IDP and having a flex option
    -http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/help/custom-IDP for those like me who don't know much about IDPs

Annual FA/Rookie draft.

I'd like to have a budget for waviers/fa as well, but I'm not that pushed about it.

This would have to be limited to people who were in boards leagues since at least last year, probably should be more but then that excludes me :P

Obviously if this gets enough interest and goes ahead then everything is open to change.

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dynasty-hq
    Here is pretty much my main source for the format of the draft.

If a few people are interested I'll start a thread in the sub-forum, so juts let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

There's an IDP league being started in the Fantasy Football forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78835357

• Advertisement

I know that's why I posted it now.

I'm more interested in the dynasty part of it then the IDPs, they just add a bit more to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

30 player rosters? 30x12= 360 players selected, there won't be much on the waiver wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Masked Man wrote: »
    I know that's why I posted it now.

I'm more interested in the dynasty part of it then the IDPs, they just add a bit more to it.

missed the dynasty part!

adrian522 wrote: »
    30 player rosters? 30x12= 360 players selected, there won't be much on the waiver wire.

That's what I was thinking as well, I just followed the format in the link I posted. If it went ahead (which now seems unlikely) we can change the roster size.

You'd obviously be covered injury wise with such a big roster. I suppose it would put much more emphasis on the first draft and trades. It seems like the fun of a dynasty league is being as close to the actual NFL as you can get, this is just another element of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Oh FFS....just discovered we're converting Freeney to a LB!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Masked Man wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking as well, I just followed the format in the link I posted. If it went ahead (which now seems unlikely) we can change the roster size.

You'd obviously be covered injury wise with such a big roster. I suppose it would put much more emphasis on the first draft and trades. It seems like the fun of a dynasty league is being as close to the actual NFL as you can get, this is just another element of that.

what sort of interest did you get? it might be worth making a thread closer to the season? if you need any help organizing the league drop me a message, would love to get one going

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭nerd69

kmart6 wrote: »
    Oh FFS....just discovered we're converting Freeney to a LB!!!

dont fancy him in coverage but if he gets up a head of steam i dont wana be blocking him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'm thinking of putting up a poll for greatest coach of all time. So far I have Vince Lombardi, Bud Grant, Hank Stram, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Jimmie Johnson, Marv Levy, Mike Holmgren, Mike Shanahan and Bill Belichick. Anyone I'm Missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Paul Brown? George Halas' record is ridiculous also.

Joe Gibbs also imo.

Paul Brown? George Halas' record is ridiculous also.

Joe Gibbs also imo.

They're all in. Can't believe I forgot Paul Brown, being an AFC Nortn enthusiast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

matthew8 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of putting up a poll for greatest coach of all time. So far I have Vince Lombardi, Bud Grant, Hank Stram, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, Jim Walsh, Bill Parcells, Jimmie Johnson, Marv Levy, Mike Holmgren, Mike Shanahan and Bill Belichick. Anyone I'm Missing?

Is that meant to be Bill Walsh ?

Is that meant to be Bill Walsh ?

Lol bad mistake there.

I'm thinking of putting up a poll for greatest coach of all time. So far I have Vince Lombardi, Bud Grant, Hank Stram, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Jimmie Johnson, Marv Levy, Mike Holmgren, Mike Shanahan and Bill Belichick. Anyone I'm Missing?

Really mike shanahan?

nerd69 wrote: »
    Really mike shanahan?

2 superbowl wins and a very impressive offensive coordinator record. Not my first choice but I think he should be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d82952ed3/top-34-football-movies-of-all-time?module=HP11_cp

What are the best american football movies you hae seen.

I like

Any Given Sunday

The Replacements

Friday Night Lights

I forgot Remember the Titan which is really good too

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d82952ed3/top-34-football-movies-of-all-time?module=HP11_cp

I like

Any Given Sunday

The Replacements

Friday Night Lights

FNL is great, much better than the tv series.

Remember the titans is good too.

Not mad about any given sunday and I thought the blindside was awful too,

dick lebeau and jim johnson outstanding d-coordinators or is id just head coaches if not howard muds a genius

2 superbowl wins and a very impressive offensive coordinator record. Not my first choice but I think he should be an option.

you mean the superbowls he terell davis and john elway won despite him:D

na ur right he deserves to be there for winning 2 but if he wins il not be a happy camper

nerd69 wrote: »
    dick lebeau and jim johnson outstanding d-coordinators or is id just head coaches if not howard muds a genius

It's just head coaches in this list, but their record as an assistant is taken into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

FNL is great, much better than the tv series

:eek::eek::eek:

HigginsJ wrote: »

I like

Any Given Sunday

The Replacements

Friday Night Lights

I forgot Remember the Titan which is really good too

Facing the Giants is good. Very religious however. I still enjoyed it though despite being agnostic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,321 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is really good. You gotta watch the first one then the second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

I want to build a cubicle just to do that to it. That was awesome. As much as he was laughing on the outside I bet he wanted to slap the other dude :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

FNL is great, much better than the tv series.

NFQpB.gif

• Advertisement

The TV series is very weak in my opinion. It's more teen drama than anything. I find it very cringe worthy and hard to watch, pretty predictable too. I couldn't get through the second series. I think the movie is excellent though, probably the best football movie out there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement