Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Veggie brands vs. Mainstream Brand

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've had some of their new plant chef range recently, no meat pies and such, quite reasonably priced and nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Those green cuisine southern fried strips are damn good. Texture and taste close to Southern fried chicken without the greasiness. They're on offer in Dunnes at the minute. I'm trying stuff so I can recommend things if people ask but I think I may actually buy these for the odd treat. Nice to have the option to get something like that.

Here's a link for Tesco shoppers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Went into Aldi today to get those roast things. All sold out.

Bastids.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Aldi haven't had their new range in stock for weeks now, in 2 different ones that I've checked.

Aldi haven't had their new range in stock for weeks now, in 2 different ones that I've checked.

I bought the Thai green veg & potato baskets & butternut squash parcels.

I was in Tesco getting herself “funkin espresso Martini” in a can. One of the girls in work raving about them. They have some amount of vegan stuff in Tesco.

• Advertisement

I meant the fake chicken and beef burgers, they're really good, but haven't seen them in ages

I meant the fake chicken and beef burgers, they're really good, but haven't seen them in ages

Just noticed Flora “buttery” is no longer vegan.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah they changed that one back, rest of the range are vegan. Naturli is much nicer anyway imo.

pretty much all of these butter/marg substitutes have palm oil in them, but so do the non vegan ones. An ethical minefield.

• Site Banned Posts: 47 Saralace

Your better making it yourself all the freezer stuff has preservatives
    Sugar salt etc

• Advertisement

Saralace wrote: »
    Your better making it yourself all the freezer stuff has preservatives
    Sugar salt etc

yeah but most of us like some junk from time to time

pretty much all of these butter/marg substitutes have palm oil in them, but so do the non vegan ones. An ethical minefield.

Naturli have no palm oil, flora have palm oil but it is more ethical, causes no deforestation etc.
    They even list their mills! https://upfield.com/purpose/sustainability/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan but I tried out the marks and spencer vegan duck and hoisin rolls yesterday, they taste virtually identical to non-vegan duck rolls and they're quite tasty

Must give thema go, their lasagne, kievs, sausages, marshmallows are amazing.

Advertisement