Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork Airport Discussion

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Ryanair used to do it, but not with connecting flights and with 737s which were way OTT.

I'm in that camp that Aer Lingus could do a few ATRs per day for connecting flights. But what time of day would be a big thing.

You’d imagine one early morning and evening would do the trick. They seem to do all the main U.K. cities from cork, no reason to think a Dublin flight wouldn’t be just as full as those

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

road_high wrote: »
    You’d imagine one early morning and evening would do the trick. They seem to do all the main U.K. cities from cork, no reason to think a Dublin flight wouldn’t be just as full as those

You don't have a motorway and an hourly train between Cork and any UK city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

THe motorway killed the Ryanair flights yes, but the train to Heuston and then the 747 bus from there to the airport I reckon would be the poorer option when compared with a flight. Same with Aircoach POSSIBLY.

And with Dublin traffic getting worse and worse especially along the M50....

I'd love to see it. And this is not just because I'm moving to Cork soon.

On that note I'd love to see Cork to Belfast soon but I feel that might be more likely as it would solve land border Brexit issues.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dublin local services have nothing to do with Cork Airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I was in Cork airport today for the first time in a few years and noticed the the pub and restaurant upstairs outside security has now been movied airside inside security. Other renovations seem to be happening also next to the Restaurant pub area, I wonder what is being built?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Sorry to bump this thread but have a question.

The government announced a package for the airport today and includes €5 million for runway redevelopment. Anyone know what this includes? Are they lengthening it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Acosta

Sorry to bump this thread but have a question.

The government announced a package for the airport today and includes €5 million for runway redevelopment. Anyone know what this includes? Are they lengthening it?

It's being resurfaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Acosta wrote: »
    It's being resurfaced.

And a great time to do that as well with traffic levels so low currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I traveled 5 timesduring COVID, once in cork, very sad state of affairs to go from a bustling city to a deserted Airport :(

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Is KLM the only Airline doing AMS at the mo? I need to get to Rotterdam before Christmas and i cant see any EI flights but id assume they will resume after lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

They are. Until April I believe.

Today Cork airport has exactly zero flights. Did the staff go to work I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Planning permission for house 400yards from main runway that was granted by CCC has been overturned by AN BORD PLANALA.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Innisfallen

roundymac wrote: »
    Planning permission for house 400yards from main runway that was granted by CCC has been overturned by AN BORD PLANALA.

Which is quite odd, considering a number of houses have been built a lot closer to the runway in the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

IngazZagni wrote: »
    They are. Until April I believe.

Today Cork airport has exactly zero flights. Did the staff go to work I wonder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-5zEb1oS9A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Apologies for resurrecting this very old thread but i can't see any more recent general Cork Airport thread.

Does anyone know if the Ryanair Cork - Naples flights are due to return for the Summer 2022 season?

These were operating in 2021 but haven't been announced for 2022 yet. I think these were operated by Malta Air in 2021 so obviously not Cork based aircraft so maybe this would mean a later announcement but not sure. Would appreciate if anyone know any more, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Shamrockj

Just looking at the new runway I'm wondering did they level it out a bit? It doesn't look as much of a slope on the 34 end or maybe its just my eyes deceiving me.

Advertisement