Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Couple monthly grocery spending

Options
  • 26-10-2020 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey,

Just wanted to get an insight into how much other couples (no kids) spend per month on groceries?

My partner and I are averaging about €650/ month, that is accounting for two little dogs, household cleaning items etc.

We are both vegan and I find some vegan brands can be quite expensive which adds to the cost.

This includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

That does seem a lot for 2 people the dogs ... Especially when there's no meat or dairy In the mix ,
    But I suppose it depends on your lifestyle ..
    Although that's only 21 ish euro a day , including pet food , so maybe not ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobottherobot

We’d be very similar - between 6-800 depending what we’re doing. That would include a take away or two, few bottles of wine and food for the hounds.

We used to spend less and shop in the German retailers but we don’t like the food as much so are happier to pay extra in SV.

I’m curious to see the posts on this thread ðŸ™႒

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

We have four in this house plus three pets and we don’t spend more than 550 - 600 a month. Two of those are meat eaters. I wouldn’t be fussy about buying vegan cleaning products though.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

Monthly spend for us is €350, mostly consists of vegetables but there is meat in there. We don’t really do takeaways at all. Maybe once a month.
    I think our spend would be lower than what the average is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭TheChizler

€250 a month on groceries for two, mostly vegetarian at this stage. We budget another €45 for housey bits which sometimes includes consumables like cleaners but mostly not. Takeaways are treats so come out of our personal discretionary spending but are unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I tend to shop in little bites .. call into the shop on the way home and buy for today and tomorrow kind of thing ,
    But earlier in the year was doing lockdown supermarket shops for my parents , once a week shopping for 2 .. ( a neighbour was getting them bread / milk every few days) , but it did surprises how quickly it added up ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Interesting! My fortnightly delivery groceries bill comes in at between E70 and E100. The last was E98

Of that E98, E10 was coal. Nearly E50 is food for my 6 rescue cats. So I average about e20 a week which includes household supplies and always a few extra bits for storage... ( living so far out )

Advertisement