Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Is there a better craft beer offering in Aldi or Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

zell12 wrote: »
    Our award-winning Deluxe Irish Cream Liqueur is only €15 for two bottles, usually €9.34 each until 04/11
    t4Beq7M.png

Are they any good? the Lidl cheap version is not good at all VS Aldi €6 one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

you2008 wrote: »
    Are they any good? the Lidl cheap version is not good at all VS Aldi €6 one;)

I think it's delicious. I much prefer it to Bailey's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is there a better craft beer offering in Aldi or Lidl?

Both have a good selection tbh

Main range in Lidl is Crafty brewing Co (Rye river valley in Kildare brew it) and I think equivalents in ALDI are Roadworks and Brown bear ranges (Pearse Lyons in Dundalk brew it) and O’Sheas (brewed by Carlow brewing Co)

Both stock other craft beers too

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

Powers 3 swallows are only 30 in Tesco https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=290670747 excellent whiskey and excellent prize :).
    Also the have good discounts on bunch of other whiskeys:
    Chivas 12 - 30eur
    Chivas 18 - 68eur
    JW BL - 35eur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

kooper wrote: »
    Powers 3 swallows are only 30 in Tesco https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=290670747 excellent whiskey and excellent prize :).
    Chivas 12 - 30eur
    Chivas 18 - 68eur
    JW BL - 35eur

Looks like I’m going to Tesco later. I have two bottles of three swallow in the press already but €30 is just stupidly cheap for such a quality whiskey.

If you haven’t tried this one just go buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Looks like I’m going to Tesco later. I have two bottles of three swallow in the press already but €30 is just stupidly cheap for such a quality whiskey.

seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Some great whisky deals in Tesco. I have 2 more vouchers to go :)

I guess I will pick up a Powers 3 and a Jameson Black barrel or Chivas 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭KinnegadKid

Was in Tesco yesterday and bought the 3 swallow for €30...Its very very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Off to Tesco’s for me so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Chivas Regal has been that price for over a month in Tesco but its never in stock in my local :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dubstepper wrote: »
    Chivas Regal has been that price for over a month in Tesco but its never in stock in my local :(

Got a bottle (last one) in Tesco Dodsboro earlier. Now to decide whether its for me, or to keep it as a pressie for someone deserving.

The
    dubstepper wrote: »

Loads in Clearwater when I was picking up my 6 swallows.

stimpson wrote: »
    The

Loads in Clearwater when I was picking up my 6 swallows.

6*30 = €180:eek: you must have bar at the back :D

you2008 wrote: »
    6*30 = €180:eek: you must have bar at the back :D

2*3 swallows. I’m thinking of going back for more though. It doesn’t go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

I paid €45 for a bottle last night feeling pretty smug with the deal I had gotten :eek: .... sick reading this!!It's a great whiskey.

On a similar note, you can currently get Yellow Spot on O'Briens online for €70, which also seems to be a very good price at the moment.

tobdom wrote: »
    I paid €45 for a bottle last night feeling pretty smug with the deal I had gotten :eek: .... sick reading this!!It's a great whiskey.

On a similar note, you can currently get Yellow Spot on O'Briens online for €70, which also seems to be a very good price at the moment.

Do you still have the receipt?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Receipt is not much good if the whiskey is gone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Lidl €10 for 8 x 500 ml Heineken cans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Anyone know of any Dunnes in Dublin stocking Grey Goose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

kooper wrote: »
    Chivas 12 - 30eur
    Chivas 18 - 68eur
    JW BL - 35eur

Fuk. Was in Tesco today and never copped it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

bennyx_o wrote: »

Probably only their A stores

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cadaliac wrote: »
    Lidl €10 for 8 x 500 ml Heineken cans

i bought the 24 in super value the other day for 28 bucks. it was apparently a saving of 1.79.
    so if that was right, it is pretty cheap still for a slab in supervalue

also, i did noting they had a disclaimer notice sitting atop of the slabs of guinness saying that supply issues, no widget!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

North Earl Street used to have it but it's been almost a year since I've been in there so you might want to call them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Brown bear session ipa only 97 cent in aldi, got a few earlier

Fuk. Was in Tesco today and never copped it

Just checked my local one, not there either, selected stores I’d say.

Wasn’t out of stock either, no pricing on empty shelves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Probably only their A stores
    Caranica wrote: »
    North Earl Street used to have it but it's been almost a year since I've been in there so you might want to call them first.

Thanks - got it in Donaghmede a few years ago but no sign of it there now - trying to make the most of the 10 off 50 vouchers :pac:

Seve OB wrote: »
    i bought the 24 in super value the other day for 28 bucks. it was apparently a saving of 1.79.
    so if that was right, it is pretty cheap still for a slab in supervalue

also, i did noting they had a disclaimer notice sitting atop of the slabs of guinness saying that supply issues, no widget!
    Yea, €28 for 24 x 500 ml cans here locally too, but the 8 for €10 deal is good , usually €14 or so. I get frowned upon bringing in slabs to the house ....
    Anyway, yea it’s cheap at the moment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cornelscourt have it- bought it there previously (note this was last Christmas).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

Brown bear session ipa only 97 cent in aldi, got a few earlier

Is it near it's use by date or what? The Brown bear is usually close to 2 euro, lovely drink

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement