Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

got my milk cheque online, was deducted money - that i shouldnt have been- am livid, wont get it back til june.... man in dairies said this year is hard on everyone... my reply to him would be unprintable on here... really annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Yep up a miserly 1 cent to 36 vat inclusive.badly wanted and could do with more.april supplies back 5% on 2012

Just heard also that it was a fairly hot meeting and 1 cent increase was very hard fought for,also No guarantee that it would stay at that level for may milk and that pressure was going to be on price.typical funking Arrabawn always talking down price.theyll be some Agro if that's true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

whelan1 wrote: »
    got my milk cheque online, was deducted money - that i shouldnt have been- am livid, wont get it back til june.... man in dairies said this year is hard on everyone... my reply to him would be unprintable on here... really annoyed

My coop did that to me once ... Once.
    Had the rep out that evening, we had a 'discussion', and he was out to me with a cheque for the balance the following morning.
    It's not nice when it happens.

maxxuumman wrote: »
    My coop did that to me once ... Once.
    Had the rep out that evening, we had a 'discussion', and he was out to me with a cheque for the balance the following morning.
    It's not nice when it happens.
    yup.... fecking crap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭mf240

yup.... fecking crap

Park on the bride in ballyragget untill you get an apology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

What was the stoppage for?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Just heard also that it was a fairly hot meeting and 1 cent increase was very hard fought for,also No guarantee that it would stay at that level for may milk and that pressure was going to be on price.typical funking Arrabawn always talking down price.theyll be some Agro if that's true
    Talking to Conor Ryan today. Price set at 36 for April reckons it wont stirr from that til august. Told him he'd want to be dropping his feed price so.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Mulumpy wrote: »
    Talking to Conor Ryan today. Price set at 36 for April reckons it wont stirr from that til august. Told him he'd want to be dropping his feed price so.

he needn't bother , cos they are selling feck all in any case,

can beat them at least €40 per ton with better delivery service and credit terms

the DOC site was worth about €10m on the open market a few years, yet they hadn't the balls to flog it

Liffey, Roches and a couple smaller mills are cleaning up and Arra are buying white elephants at the expense of the suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

who are u dealing with jo?

kevthegaff wrote: »
    who are u dealing with jo?

Roches,... dairy calf

Liffey mills..... beef (not much) sheep, and fertilizer sprays etc,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

U not too bad
    I Got no cheque on line cant find out why

will they start taking money out of the milk cheques seeing that most of us have accumulated large bills:(

Was it The Milk Statment u got on line
    Or the money transfer

milkprofit wrote: »
    Was it The Milk Statment u got on line
    Or the money transfer
    milk statment. money in bank account today... did you ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

Kerry held tough at 35 for April. Took 1300 from the account.
    Price will have to go up as supplies tighten but shur peak is nearly over now.

As for feed, hard not to buy from them when there going giving a 20 or 30 euro rebate per tonne.
    Was giving every second bin to another supplier and kerry but cant see how other supplier will match.

There a cute shower of huars.!

milk statment. money in bank account today... did you ring them?

Yes they wer all at party in belview turning sod
    No money in ac at 530 on friday
    In ac now( TG 0 dated 20/5/2013 tomorrow--strange

milkprofit wrote: »
    Yes they wer all at party in belview turning sod
    No money in ac at 530 on friday
    In ac now( TG 0 dated 20/5/2013 tomorrow--strange
    yes it came in to accounts on saturday morning, it is dated 20/05 as banks dont work saturdays...milk statement shows on line from 16 of month normally in bank account 18 of month

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

http://www.thedairysite.com/news/42679/price-increase-for-first-milk-manufacturing-pool One of the UK processors at least putting up the price of milk moving forward. My brother in law runs a shop and said that Glanbia has put a big increase on the price of milk supplied to him! Any word as to what the May price will be, or is it too early yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco have increased the shop price to consumers. I presume the other multiples are following suit?
    Tesco Milk 3L was €2.19 now €2.49
    Tesco Milk 2L was €1.49 now €1.70
    Tesco Milk 1L was 75c now 85c
    Tesco Milk 500ml was 52c now 60c

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tesco have increased the shop price to consumers. I presume the other multiples are following suit?
    Tesco Milk 3L was €2.19 now €2.49
    Tesco Milk 2L was €1.49 now €1.70
    Tesco Milk 1L was 75c now 85c
    Tesco Milk 500ml was 52c now 60c

85 cent a litre and as farmers we are getting anything from low 30 to Low 40 cent a litre.serious gap there between producer and sale price.a lot of money been made from middle men?????

• Advertisement

85 cent a litre and as farmers we are getting anything from low 30 to Low 40 cent a litre.serious gap there between producer and sale price.a lot of money been made from middle men?????
    i think its a very small percentage of milk produced for this market tho, what ye think of the farm walk last week jerry?

aldi are still 2.19 for 3 litres milk
    85c for 1 litre skimmed milk
    local shop sells strathroy 2l for 1.59

i think its a very small percentage of milk produced for this market tho, what ye think of the farm walk last week jerry?

Thinking as a liquid man though Kev which thankfully I'm not,I half have it in my head to get into liquid milk. But I like my few weeks off in dec and jan and any liquid man I talk to says they are forever loosing money at it an d that this their last year at it,but none of them ever seem to actually get out which has me thinking there must be something in it. Walk pretty good last week,seriously good farm,yard and well run.wonder did he go mad with the mower and wrapper afterwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Thinking as a liquid man though Kev which thankfully I'm not,I half have it in my head to get into liquid milk. But I like my few weeks off in dec and jan and any liquid man I talk to says they are forever loosing money at it an d that this their last year at it,but none of them ever seem to actually get out which has me thinking there must be something in it. Walk pretty good last week,seriously good farm,yard and well run.wonder did he go mad with the mower and wrapper afterwards!!

Ha, opposite here, sick of the extra work for nothing, fighting against the supermarkets is a battle I don't see us farmers winning, I'd take my chances on the world market with a seasonal herd. But to ans your question, alot of winter lads don't have a tight enough calving pattern, and they fear cashflow problems without having a milk cheque for dec/jan. Both poor excuses in my book.

its gas that farm used to be rough as hell, but hes turned things around the last couple of years, ya he took a cut of silage during the weekend off it, grand had the dinner in the home place afterwards. Not sure will i make it down to the greenfield, was there last year. With the costs of feeding dry cows during dec and jan i think liquid milk isnt a bad option but definitely with some labour, youll only be burned out from it!

Kerry have increased theirs by 3c. Come on Glanbia stop milking us.
    Contact your board members we need it up for peak months.

delaval wrote: »
    Kerry have increased theirs by 3c. Come on Glanbia stop milking us.
    Contact your board members we need it up for peak months.
    whats kerry at now? think arrabawn is at 36c

whats kerry at now? think arrabawn is at 36c

I had a serious discussion with a member of the board, (arra) looks like we might be getting an increase for may . have to wait and see

any word on the price lads, mine have peaked so an increase now on would help nicely:)

• Advertisement

any word on the price lads, mine have peaked so an increase now on would help nicely:)

Glanbia will be 37c for May

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement