Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway - Phone Unlocking

• 04-06-2010 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Is there anywhere i can get this done in Galway?

I recently won a Sony Ericsson phone from 3 but as i'm Vodafone i'd like to get it unblocked so as to use it and rid of my old Nokia.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Try ringing 3 first and explain the situation and they might give you the code to unlock it yourself. Otherwise theres a place upstairs over the Joke Shop halfway down shopstreet that will do it. Better to Google the make and model first though or post them here, if it can be unlocked it should be piss easy just enter a code, dont hand over any money to an unlocking website though, that'll be a scam 90% of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hynes93

Yea, as previously said the Shop above the joke shop on Shop St.(Beside Butlers Chocolates) is very good to buy/sell/repair/unlock phones. Good Prices too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Great,i'll try the place next to the joke shop. I sis consider ringing them but as i won it in a competition i would have felt a bit bad saying 'i won a phone from you but i want to use it for a rival network' haha.

Oh,and the phone is a Sony Ericsson G502:

g502.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That can be done for free if you're any way tech savvy and Google for instructions, otherwise they'll probably charge 15-20Euro.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    That can be done for free if you're any way tech savvy and Google for instructions, otherwise they'll probably charge 15-20Euro.

Unfortunately i'm not a tech head so 15-20 euro will be fine considering it cost me nothing in the first place.

Sorted - Thanks Everyone.

Advertisement