Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

A man and his dogs

Comments

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Every army in the world has dog units, insofar as I am aware.
    Yeah, for smelling envelopes and parcels and sh1t.

How many dogs have raced towards fixed bayonets?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,579 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I see my plan to set horse people against dog people is working. Good.

But be warned, you dog people. Nobody has ever taken a dog into battle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs_in_warfare

Plenty here.

Imo anyone who sits on the back of a flighty large animal weighing up to a ton who could kill you either on purpose or accidentally has to have a screw loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yeah, for smelling envelopes and parcels and sh1t.

How many dogs have raced towards fixed bayonets?

These lads?

https://www.29palms.marines.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2000776837/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I guess that would depend on whether those “old fat blokes” meant something to me, or not.

“Misuse” probably isn’t something most people want to happen to their corpse. At the end of the day, you’re not going to care either way because your dead but your family might.

I think they’d be ok with the dog eating me but less so with the fat lads “embalming” me with their own “fluids”.
    It's just that I originally said the same thing as you did, but your pal - singling me out - responded with that rather pointless comment... bit of a leap! And you thanked it.

Anyway it turned into a back and forth with your pal getting rather spiteful and saying I can't comprehend things when he did of course misrepresent me. Pretty unnecessary, even if just on a wind-up (which he surely is).

But anyway, yeah nobody wants it to come to a pet eating their owner obviously. But if it came to it, the idea doesn't bother me because it's to prevent starvation and it's for survival. It's a last resort. And the animal doesn't know any better.

Whereas a bunch of guys using a corpse for sexual purposes is obviously a completely different scenario - it's not necessary like food is. Now again, if it were me, well I wouldn't be able to care because I'd be dead. But it's extremely disrespectful to the family of the dead person.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Originally Posted by the beer revolu View Post
    My wife wants to be eaten by lions or vultures - not sure I'll be able arrange that if I'm still alive, though.

see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_burial

could be arranged...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Graces7 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by the beer revolu View Post
    My wife wants to be eaten by lions or vultures - not sure I'll be able arrange that if I'm still alive, though.

see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_burial

could be arranged...

There are many examples of similar things in various cultures. That's where the idea came from.
    She'd settle for the cheetahs in Fota eating her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Whereas a bunch of guys using a corpse for sexual purposes is obviously a completely different scenario - it's not necessary like food is.

Along with food, water and shelter, sexual intimacy has a privileged position on Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Crosby Unsightly Rope

Thread about a man's corpse being completely devoured by dogs has taken a dark turn somehow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Thread about a man's corpse being completely devoured by dogs has taken a dark turn somehow...
    Sex is high up on Maslow's hierarchy of needs - sex being: drug fuelled orgy with corpse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,400 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It's just that I originally said the same thing as you did, but your pal - singling me out - responded with that rather pointless comment... bit of a leap! And you thanked it.

Hang on just a second. First off, he’s not my “pal”. In a “boards” sense we are at the stage of a nod and, perhaps, a brief “hello, how are you?”. We’re certainly not “labelling” anything.

Secondly, I thank posts based, not just, on whether I agree with them, or not, but also if they make me laugh, or, at least, “amuse” me in some way.

Who knows, maybe one day we will be “pals” but even then I will reserve the right to disagree with him.

Maybe he doesn’t view getting passed around by “large” sweaty men to be used, and abused, as “misuse”. It’s a strange old world out there.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Crosby Unsightly Rope

What about if the dogs had sex with it?

Or the old men ate it?

Or an old man called Dog?

Or a dog that looked like an old man?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I’d be quite the Larder for the Dogs . With some Wine , Beer or Water they’d be fine for a good while .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

If I die alone my cats are very welcome to eat the meat of my body ; it is only meat .

I've always said this! Would save a fortune on funeral costs too :)

You've done your bit with that anecdote about the man-eating cat who miaowed into the corner.

My Jaysus. My cat shall sleep outside tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

You've done your bit with that anecdote about the man-eating cat who miaowed into the corner.

You misread the post. The cat didn't even take a bit out of the man, but went demented from being trapped with a dead body for so long.

You misread the post. The cat didn't even take a bit out of the man, but went demented from being trapped with a dead body for so long.

I bet he thought about it though. You know he had a sniff.

Don't care. The cat's going out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

He had a sniff and retched at the smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Ah that's cruel! Surely you can spare him the odd finger or toe?

My daughters house cat got accidentally left outside one night .

What ever happened to him outside he was like a crazy demon for a day when he got in the next day !

Would you eat your dead dog / cat if ya were in the situation of the first post ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It 's that uncommon. I remember seeing horrifc pictures of such cases in a mortuary science publication. Most pets will do it if they have to, it's basic survival instinct.

They're trapped in an enclosed environment with no food source.

Humans will resort to eating the dead too in life or death situations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Some of these dogs have been put up for adoption... And yet

You wouldn't catch a horse doing this. One more reason to prefer our vegetarian friends

I dunno about that. Not very often. But in theHorses world, we've a special term for evil Horses that are hell-bent on destroying the Human race… we call them ponies. :mad:

blinding wrote: »
    My daughters house cat got accidentally left outside one night .

What ever happened to him outside he was like a crazy demon for a day when he got in the next day !

Would you eat your dead dog / cat if ya were in the situation of the first post ?

In famine times and sieges they did and even ate rats. hmmm re your ? if in a house there would be food eg tins and a way to get out. A dog is helpless

It 's that uncommon. I remember seeing horrifc pictures of such cases in a mortuary science publication. Most pets will do it if they have to, it's basic survival instinct.

They're trapped in an enclosed environment with no food source.

Humans will resort to eating the dead too in life or death situations.

See

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cannibalism-andes-plane-crash-1972-survivors-terrible-decision-stay-alive-a6895781.html

they made a film of this; made grim viewing

In famine times and sieges they did and even ate rats. hmmm re your ? if in a house there would be food eg tins and a way to get out. A dog is helpless
    They ate humans in famine times lets not kid ourselves.

They ate humans in famine times lets not kid ourselves.

some tribes ate people anyway. with terrible results//

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/311277.php

some tribes ate people anyway.
    Good lord!

I suppose you should make sure that all the cans and such are empty before killing any company that you may have !;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Horses love to eat chickens, mice, and small birds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYNmGMsU18

They really are vile, dim, ugly beasts given far too much value in popular culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

So Dogs ate a dead body to survive...what's the big deal!

Humans have shown no qualms about killing and eating healthy Dogs to survive in a crisis situation, or in places like Korea they don't even need a crisis.

Some people have a delusional idealised notion of Humans being more civilised and morally superior to Animals.

Ha ha they are far from it...in fact a million times worse when their fake veneer is removed!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭salonfire

For those that may die alone, surely there is some alarm you can install that will alert someone if you are not moving for a day or two?

Advertisement