Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Changing the name of a house

• 21-07-2015 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

I bought a house a couple of years ago and I would like to change the name.

The existing name isn't the worst name in the world, but it means nothing to me and if I have to have a house name, I would rather have one that I like. It just bugs me a bit when every bill & government letter etc arrives with this house name written on it.

Anytime I ring a utility provider, they ask for the address and then they always ask is that "house name" so there must be a database somewhere with all the house names & addresses on it.

Has anyone ever changed the name on their house and how did they go about doing it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

yup. Changed ours. Like everything in ireland it's common usage.

Stick a housename sign on the door or gate. Tell the postman. That's it.

There is a database alright, it's the geodirectory, and it's maintained by An Post. Basically, your postman will update it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

have been trying to get rid of ours for the last 11 years by common usage.

Eircode has the name on their database. complete pain the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tell the post man and tell Eircode.

Advertisement