Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone Broadband issues

• 29-03-2020 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi there,

I believe this is the right section of the forum to open this thread but if not please let me know and I'll delete and reopen in the right section.

I bought an apartment late 2019 and bought the Vodafone Simply Broadband package. Ever since I've been having issues, very slow speeds, internet going off several times a day, etc. I've been giving them calls, contacting them via Twitter and so on. Every time I've gotten in touch with them they've been giving me solutions that have only been working for few days. Service started in December, we're almost in April and I'm still having issues. Unable to even watch YouTube videos when speed drops, and it happens SEVERAL times a day.

Now, I've been without internet connection for over 30 hrs. I got in touch with them yesterday and they suggested few things. Did them and none of them worked. Got in touch with them again and after trying exactly the same things we tried yesterday the support guy told me after 45 mins on the line they'd need to send me a new router and it'd take 3-5 working days.

Told them that's not an option. Been without internet for the past 30 hrs, I'm working from home and I'd be unable to work for almost a week. I'm not a Vodafone phone customer so he suggested me to go out for a Vodafone SIM so I can hotspot and they'd refund me afterwards. Given the circumstances I told him that made absolutely no sense. First because all their retail shops are closed and second because I'm not going to put myself in risk just because they're not able to provide the service I'm paying for. And that's considering the issue is the router which I'm not completely convinced of.

He's escalated to someone internally and they'll give me a call tomorrow at around 1pm (half day of work lost).

I'm in a contract with them until Dec 2020. I'm more interested now in switching to a different provider without having to pay any penalty fees than getting the connection fixed, I have absolutely zero trust in them after all this issues.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Would you recommend to remove my direct debit with them and raise a CCPC concern?

First time I'm having issues like this so I'm not quite sure on what should I do, but I'm quite desperate at this point.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cutting off your Direct debit without engaging with them re contract termination is a very bad idea. They will chase you for it.
    Call them and explain that because they cant offer the service you paid for that you want to terminate the service. Start the dialogue with them -they may well figure that it's mutually beneficial for you both to terminate.

The issue you will then have is getting a new broadband service set up in the current climate. Could be a long wait.

Advertisement