Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dorothy Perkins Delivery Time?

• 29-06-2011 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I searched this but just came up with a thread from a few years back so I thought I might ask again.

I placed an order on Dorothy Perkins website 9 days ago (Monday), I got an email saying it was shipped on Friday, and still no sign of it, all they say is that it was shipped from their warehouse on Friday so that's it. Maybe I've just been ordering from quick delivery sites out of luck but is this normal for Dorothy Perkins? I mean if I order from Awear it's sent out that day or the next at the latest, I can't remember the last time something was only shipped 4/5 days after I ordered it.

As it's an Irish delivery address I can't track it either, sigh, not looking good for me ordering from DP again!

Any insight/info would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Thats unusual for DP, usually when I order it comes within 3-4days, or on one or two occasions even less.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

Maybe give them a buzz their number is on the website.
    I was waiting on a dress for a wedding from their site and it was taking ages.
    I sent a few emails through their contact us tab on the website but got no reply so I just gave them a call and they sorted it out for me

Hope that helps!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I called today, incredibly unhelpful girl said "Well it can take 5-7 days for orders to get to Ireland", I pointed out that on the site it says 3-5 days, and it was gone past that which is why I called, she just repeated herself, I suggested that maybe they should make that clear on the site. Their facebook discussions is full of bad reviews, won't be bothering again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

I order from them regularly enough and have never had any problems. Quickest an order has arrived would have been ordered on the weekend and arrived the Friday. But on average it is usually almost the 2 weeks from order to delivery. I know it can be annoying having to wait but ordering from the online store works out so much cheaper than buying in town. Re customer service, maybe I just got them on a good day but I ordered a pair of tights as part of my order and when I put them on they were ripped in 2 places, and when I went about organising a refund there was no problem at all, it was back on my card within 2 days. They could have just said that I must have ripped them myself and ignored my email but they were lovely about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

I order from them fairly regularly and I usually recieve them on the 7th working day after ordering. Usually when I order, they are dispatched 2/3 days after ordering, and usually take 4/5 working days after dispatch to receive them. If they were late in dispatching them (i.e. not til last Friday), hopefully you'll get them soon enough. They come via An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

It arrived this morning, which is accurate timing for what I now know are there delivery times, pity they didn't get it right on their website. I future I'll know to allow two weeks, and will stick to Awear when I want super quick service! :)

Advertisement