Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭Micky 32

It’s not about keeping prisoners in their country

I have NO ISSUE with aviation once it is not adding to the already crazily high levels of greenhouse gas in the atmosphere. Do you see why I am against it now??

Like i said i couldn’t give a toss what you’re against, it’s not going to happen, sure they’ll use aviation for an excuse tax grab but that would be it, in my lifetime anyhow.

Do you like talking in riddles? “ No Issue”? That’s a lie ,all aviation isn’t co2 free like most things . You Do have an issue. So stop saying “ NO ISSUE”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Like i said i couldn’t give a toss what you’re against, it’s not going to happen, sure they’ll use aviation for an excuse tax grab but that would be it, in my lifetime anyhow.

It will happen. Don’t you realise how bad the situation is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Of course they have it's a popularist theme at the moment which gives ample opportunities to tax and fill the coffers especially while there is no viable solution in sight give the people what they want even if they don't know what they want a good temporary refund adjustment will fix that, that being ooohhh more money. Do you think for example the sugar tax is going towards health care, nope it's free money baby, long live free government.
    The Politicians are loving this . TAX , TAX , TAX . Politicians are having wet dreams on this . Loads of sheet cleaning = More bad news .

It will happen. Don’t you realise how bad the situation is?

Not as bad as you are thinking it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

climate change man made is bollix. the government loving it for taxes. these loons are a cult vast majority hate them. as i have said before boards is a left wing echo chamber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

as i have said before boards is a left wing echo chamber.

lol are you nuts? The majority of posters here think climate change and animals going extinct and biodiversity being destroyed and over consumption and pollution is all a scam of some sort.

climate change man made is bollix. the government loving it for taxes. these loons are a cult vast majority hate them. as i have said before boards is a left wing echo chamber.

Yep no one on here wants to discuss how the sun in the last 100 years got hotter and is probably the main contributor to whatever is changing in the climate. Deaf ears that falls on. You can’t tax the sun i guess.

Yep no one on here wants to discuss how the sun in the last 100 years got hotter and is probably the main contributor to whatever is changing in the climate. Deaf ears that falls on. You can’t tax the sun i guess.

You should speak at the UN and at universities, I don't think they're aware of these glaring facts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭daveorourke77

Hot air might, there’s so much of it on this thread going to waste that it could push a few planes around the world a few times ;-)

There usually is when this topic is debated. One of my bugbears in life.

You should speak at the UN and at universities, I don't think they're aware of these glaring facts

If you google it’s all on the internet. Why would they want to make the glaring facts aware, no tax in it.

• Advertisement

If you google it’s all on the internet.

Anything you ever want to even imagine is on the internet in fairness true or not

If you google it’s all on the internet. Why would they want to make the glaring facts aware, no tax in it.

So what has tax got to do with the destruction of natural habitats and biodiversity in Ireland and all over the world? This is part of ER agenda.

So what has tax got to do with the destruction of natural habitats and biodiversity in Ireland and all over the world? This is part of ER agenda.

Oh give over, if you are so into this climate change malarky research why don’t you research up a little about the sun in the last 100 years.You might learn some interesting facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Oh give over, if you are so into this climate change malarky research why don’t you research up a little about the sun in the last 100 years.You might learn some interesting facts.

The sun is a complete separate issue to greenhouse gas build up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

That’s unreasonable.
    Climate change is an absolute scientific fact.
    Strong evidence signals human activity has added to the already changing climate.

That reasonable science tells us is that incremental changes in human behaviour will mitigate much of our contribution but the natural cycle of climate change will continue and some changes in sea levels and weather patterns will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

You honestly think the world will be in better shape in 10 years? Seriously? Even during a recession we will still be consuming in the wrong ways at alarming rates, and eventually the economies will boom back to how we are now.

I don't have a crystal ball but I would be optimistic about 2029 yes. Every successive generation here has gone on to live a better life than the one before. I don't see life going backwards. I don't know what you mean by wrong ways. Resources are there to be consumed. We don't live in a theme park. I've no idea why we wouldn't use what is in the ground. We should be free to consume as we wish. You want to bike instead of drive - your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

kneemos wrote: »
    5. Is not ironic.

considering they are protesting against climate change, and its october - a scorcher of a day (which it wasnt) would be ironic surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The 10-years down the road mindset is a moot point, as we can't tell what advances in technology and science we will develop in that time-frame. How do we know there won't be a new grain/food item created in the interim that will do wonders to the environment/climate and world hunger? Farming and production techniques could be changed drastically in ten years too.

For the time being though: wash yourselves, cut your hair and get a job ye damn crusties.

The sun is a complete separate issue to greenhouse gas build up

You are failing to realise the sun getting hotter will have more impact than what’s coming out of the back of an airplane , if i were you i’d be watching the sun instead of a chemtrail.

topper75 wrote: »
    I don't have a crystal ball but I would be optimistic about 2029 yes. Every successive generation here has gone on to live a better life than the one before. I don't see life going backwards. I don't know what you mean by wrong ways. Resources are there to be consumed. We don't live in a theme park. I've no idea why we wouldn't use what is in the ground. We should be free to consume as we wish. You want to bike instead of drive - your choice.

I wish i lived on your infinite planet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

topper75 wrote: »

the romans invented the Hypocaust system, but yet heated floors would be viewed as a relatively new creation - if human knowledge never went backwards, how come there were no heated floors in the dark ages?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Would these sources be peer reviewed journals?
    Scientists have of course taken the sun into account with their calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭lalababa

To all those on this thread justifing change for the good of the planet. Don't bother, they don't want to listen. It's a brick wall. They will just tell you to get a haircut.

20Cent wrote: »

From what i can see they haven’t. Brushed under the carpet. Do research before you start babbling

I wish i lived on your infinite planet
    In the great scheme of things you or your offspring won’t be long on the planet .

lalababa wrote: »
    To all those on this thread justifing change for the good of the planet. Don't bother, they don't want to listen. It's a brick wall. They will just tell you to get a haircut.
    How Eco is hair styling anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

lalababa wrote: »

Many of us are making changes that matter and not put making a nuisance of ourselves.
    These people would have been better meet at a different beach each day and spend the time picking litter and actually contributing to improving the planet.

From what i can see they haven’t. Brushed under the carpet. Do research before you start babbling

Well they have.
    If you can prove global warming is due to the sun you would be a certain for a Nobel prize. Go for it.

20Cent wrote: »

Ah here, the sun gets hotter the earth heats up? Seriously go back to school and learn the laws of physics.

• Advertisement

Do you really think that no one has thought to include the sun in their calculations or looked at it as a possible source for global warming. Out of the tens of thousands of research projects into it no one thought of the sun?

Advertisement