Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

But if you have never seen it then you may be the problem (I kid :) )
    You misinterpreted what I said :)

I used to have those issues constantly. I took about a 9 month break, and came back to BF4 a few months back. I would say I see the problems you mentioned 70-80% less frequently that I did previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I also agree, I find a lot of the complaints I hear about BF4 are simply ones that I very rarely encountered. To me it was a fantastic game - not without issues - but I preferred it to Battlefield 3, which just never really grabbed me even though I wanted to like it after being such a massive fan of BF2.

I don't really like COD since the first Black Ops but Hardline really is absolutely nothing like that franchise. I didn't play as much Hardline as I did BF4 but it was a blast to play with some stellar maps and some of the new game modes were also phenomenal - forget the name of it but the one where you're doing laps in the cars was ace. Felt more like a Battlefield mod to me than a COD-wannabe in fairness if I had to level a slight critique at it.

Battlefield 5 broadly building on Battlefield 4 would be welcome in my camp, anyway. To me Battlefront was far more leaning towards a COD crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

A modern version of BF1942 would be the mutt's nuts. I don't think any of the subsequent BF games have been as much fun as that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

13087018_1174374725916756_3176519364725490525_o.jpg

Fake, not fake...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Eastern Front? As in back to WW2? That would be very welcome.

Edit: that was doing the rounds a few weeks ago, it's not new. Though not necessarily wrong either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If these images are to be believed, then it's not WW2, but modern-day.

US vs "Russian/Pan Asian coalition" - nothing new there. Don't mind but when I first heard "Eastern Front" I assumed it was WW2.

Maybe another developer will make a WW2 title for the series in the same way that Treyarch did with Call of Duty 3/World at War, or Visceral did with Hardline.

Either way it's incredibly long overdue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Some of those DLC names seem odd to me, and contradictory, if not mutually exclusive. Some of them are modern day locations, and there's mention of a Titan in there. It could still fit a 2142 sequel, but the Eastern Front name has always been associated with WW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

haha they don't want German and Superiority in the same sentence :)

The URL on that planning sheet is a real one at least. It redirects to an EA page for the event in question:

http://origin-prod-c-summer2016.leap.ea.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

IGN reckoning its to be set in WW1 . either way its set to be revealed next week
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/04/29/battlefield-5-will-be-revealed-next-week
    either that or WW2 would be awesome . a nice change from modern shooters which are all pretty much the same and a tad boring at this stage . although Verdun is already quite a good WW1 game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I'm hoping that That "Fallen Dragon" DLC list is just a template type thing, otherwise it already irritates me. 'Fan Favourite'.........seriously? Operation Locker??? At least the last time they pretended to listen to the community about what maps we wanted re-imagined. If they really want an infantry focused map, why not Propaganda?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I wonder will it hit different time periods throughout the game?

As in - have a part set in 1942, Vietnam, the "Modern Era" one currently in BF3 and 4 and a 2142 future section?

It would be very difficult to pull off the whole game changing time periods but hey they could be trying for a "please everyone" approach... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

World War 1 weapons are all mainly bolt action though so probably wont be set there.More so WW2

World War 1 weapons are all mainly bolt action though so probably wont be set there.More so WW2

ya thought the same . ww2 would be class . there hasnt been a big budget ww2 FPS game in years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Finally we get more info on the game. Long overdue but can't wait to find out what it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Bring on the WW2 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Would welcome Bad Company 3, 2145 or a WW2 game. Hopefully they haven't just continued on in the same vein as BF4. 4 is a good game now, but took a long time to get there and we don't need another "modern warfare" set game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I've been spoilt by war thunder too much for a world war 2 game to really excite me and there are so many issues that just make me think it'll be a disappointment honestly.

I'd like to see a much more in depth flight model and tank model in any game of world war 2 that uses vehicles but I honestly dont expect it from Battlefield.

I mean I loved 1942 but going back to it the weapon dynamics of the tanks is so wrong and bland its a very offputting. I'd like to see the use of different types of ammo like apcr and heat in an updated world war 2 battlefield. But truthfully the amount of detail I'd like them to go into with the vehicles really means that vehicles and aircraft would need to become classes of their own with a huge variety of upgrades and model varients rather then random vehicles you jump into on the map.

But I know that goes against DICE's battlefield philosophy so I am not getting excited if it is world war 2.

The sci fi setting has suddenly become very crowded and the modern setting tired so I'd really hope they have something really interesting gameplay wise.

Though I did skip battlefield: hardline, it just never gelled the whole battlefield dynamic in a cop vs robber setting, it was just too *american* in its notion of way too over armed police for me (and this is a guy who had no problem playing american soldiers in all the war games.) So maybe my love for the series is simply in decline naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

After seeing the new COD trailer there's a part of me that thinks that BF and COD will be in sync for this, really would love another WW2 game.

Vehicles already had their own unlocks (limited compared to war thunder but a lot more than the earlier BF games had for even infantry) and at least 1 additional ammo type for most large calibre but they could really expand it.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I've been spoilt by war thunder too much for a world war 2 game to really excite me and there are so many issues that just make me think it'll be a disappointment honestly.

I'd like to see a much more in depth flight model and tank model in any game of world war 2 that uses vehicles but I honestly dont expect it from Battlefield.

I mean I loved 1942 but going back to it the weapon dynamics of the tanks is so wrong and bland its a very offputting. I'd like to see the use of different types of ammo like apcr and heat in an updated world war 2 battlefield. But truthfully the amount of detail I'd like them to go into with the vehicles really means that vehicles and aircraft would need to become classes of their own with a huge variety of upgrades and model varients rather then random vehicles you jump into on the map.

But I know that goes against DICE's battlefield philosophy so I am not getting excited if it is world war 2.

The sci fi setting has suddenly become very crowded and the modern setting tired so I'd really hope they have something really interesting gameplay wise.

Though I did skip battlefield: hardline, it just never gelled the whole battlefield dynamic in a cop vs robber setting, it was just too *american* in its notion of way too over armed police for me (and this is a guy who had no problem playing american soldiers in all the war games.) So maybe my love for the series is simply in decline naturally.

not rally fair to compare a game that is purely vehicle based to a fps . war thunder is massively detailed and i absolutely love it . im max rank in it with pretty much every tank unlocked . but its not the same kind of game as battlefield . battlefield is more forgiving and fast paced it doesnt need the same level of detail to be a great game or to be fun .

having said that im in the same boat as you the last battlefield game i really loved was BF3 . BF4 was a shambles and it took so long to put right i never got back into it . and hardline while fun for a bit got boring very fast . they need to do something very different for BF5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If they're smart it won't be futuristic because COD has already drained that well dry. But I have a feeling they're not that smart and it will be futuristic. There's a real gap for a big ticket WW2 game right now, would have been the perfect time for BF1944 but I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

What time is the reveal today guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nein!

(Tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Looking forward to tomorrow, for all the faults BF4 had, I enjoyed my time with it by and large and it was the first XB1 game I owned. I must try and get a few games in over the weekend to see what its like at the moment.

https://www.facebook.com/battlefield.uk/videos/1091978244193227/

no ida that will work a very short clip which shows nothing really.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/battlefield.uk/videos/1091978244193227/

no ida that will work a very short clip which shows nothing really.

flakes of fire in the backround him wearing a trenchcoat judgeing by the collar obviously bombers coming in over dresden in ww2 :p or maybe a Zeppelin in ww1 :p

It's very little to go on, but the tan clothing seems similar to Soviet WW2 uniform colours. But that excerpt is deviously well chose to show pretty much nothing informative.

It sounds sci fi independance day ish

dreamers75 wrote: »
    It sounds sci fi independance day ish

I'd interpret the shadow as a looming tank, most likely a Tiger given the sharp straight angle, coupeld with what appeared to be the shadow of a rounded muzzle brake near the centre. Or I just play too much World of Tanks.

• Advertisement

Hal1 suggested it was a titan on the BF4 thread, that does look like it could fit given the angel the guy is looking up at.

Advertisement