Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALERT!! Turning warm and mostly sunny April 5th ==>

• 03-04-2015 5:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Take action - warm and sunny weather on the way from midweek next week.:P

An area of high pressure (centered in the north sea eventually) will build over the next couple of days and assert a real influence in our weather so a really nice period coming up and with increasing sunshine but some coastal fog initially. Temperatures generally 15 - 20c. Coolest on windward coasts so mostly the south coast. But very nice over all.

Later winds come from a drier continental source and fog will not be prominent at all.

Rtavn1621.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭vickers209

About time!
    But thinking back when we get a good April the rest of summer does be pretty poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

vickers209 wrote: »
    About time!
    But thinking back when we get a good April the rest of summer does be pretty poor

I'd take any good weather at any time to be honest. Its been a very disappointing spring so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

haha, someone took off the warning. Was in "high spirits" last night :D

Looking forward to some nice spring weather :) Hopefully 20c is not too optimistic. I think it can be achieved locally in, for example, the northwest. Always cooler on south and east coasts though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Kelly Square Balloonist

My inlwaws are dealing with a foot of snow this week in .......

Slovakia.

Still on track for nice weather. Maybe 19c for a max. 20c may be pushing it a little. Really good charts for gardening and that sort of thing. Not quite enough to spark a skanger invasion of the beaches I don't think.

It's a little open ended. It could turn more unsettled from Sunday but that is a long way out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

once it's 16C+ i'll be happy, today was decent after the severe chill of yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

How much sun are we going to get? Worried about fog and slow moving cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

7 posts? No one cares about good weather! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

There is no mention of temperatures over 17c forecast for the next week by Met Eireann. A good month of April means that I would have more or less plenty of grass on my farm for the rest of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Eazzah

Ah ****e.. the leaving cert is coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭NSAman

Two weeks ago it was 28C just outside Chicago on Monday. On the following Friday morning I had the plow guy come to dig the driveway with 6inches of Snow....

Roll on Warm weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

How many high pressure spells does this country go through shrouded in cloud?

Such an unlucky little island.

EDIT: Cleared up nicely now after a very dull day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Sunny all day in Galway city with a max of 16.9C recorded at 16:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Beautiful in kenmare bay. Bit breezy out but won't complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Got to 16.5C here in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Make the most of it, looks like back to rain, wind and even a chance of wintry stuff on high ground from Friday again.

gfs-2-114_rqd3.png

I'm making the most of it. What a fantastic day. Nippy breeze but best day of the year so far. Maxed 16.1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Lovely day alright, but that single day a few weeks ago where the fohn effect pushed the thermometer up to 19ºc in Bray and Loughlinstown still wins for me. So weird. 2 days before I was shivering in our shop with my Gillet on over my hoody and the gas super ser heater on beside me and I was back doing the same 2 days after. However on that day we were working behind the counter in our T-Shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Beeeeautifullll :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Great clear satellite image of Ireland today with sea fog off the south and east coast ;

ScreenHunter_85%20Apr.%2006%2021.20.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Good to see the sunshine. Especially when the kids are off school. The only problem with getting nice weather this early in the year is it normally means our summer is poor. It's not scientific but the past two summers were good but we had wet and stormy winters and it was cold up until the end of may. The two summers previous to that were poor and we had cold winters with not much rain and nice spells in spring.
    The way I look on it is we live it a wet country. If we don't get it in the winter well get it in the summer. ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Going to be another lovely day

Killiney this morning

0C7FD9CE999F402198E19643DB331E1A-0000334566-0003747831-00800L-B9985914B3FD468FAC74BB9CB1614AFF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'd take any good weather at any time to be honest. Its been a very disappointing spring so far.

How has it been disappointing as Spring really only started around March 20th?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

cracking weather glad i took the week off :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Looks like a re-load of good weather for next week after it breaks down this weekend.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    Good to see the sunshine. Especially when the kids are off school. The only problem with getting nice weather this early in the year is it normally means our summer is poor. It's not scientific but the past two summers were good but we had wet and stormy winters and it was cold up until the end of may. The two summers previous to that were poor and we had cold winters with not much rain and nice spells in spring.
    The way I look on it is we live it a wet country. If we don't get it in the winter well get it in the summer. ☺
    I had 2 BBQs at least in early April last year and the summer was grand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

We had a BBQ last night as did a few other houses in the neighbourhood, bliss!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I white washed the house today, beautiful weather, a high of 18.5 C I could get used to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Whale Oil Beef Hooked

Im enjoying the bout of good weather got the front and back gardens tidied up , I hope the weathers stays like this everybody is in a good moodj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Aiel wrote: »
    Looks like a re-load of good weather for next week after it breaks down this weekend.:)

It will help keep the dust down.

Advertisement