Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SEA-C : Operation Grey Area : Sat/Sun 12/13 Sept

• 28-08-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

On behalf of SEA-C:
    SEA-C wrote:
    poster2.jpg

Date:

Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th September

Times:

Saturday Operations
    Sign in - 4.30pm - 5.30pm
    Games - 6.00 pm to 3.00 am
    Sunday Operations
    Sign in - 9.30am - 10.15am
    Games - 10.30 am to 5.00 pm

Price:

Members
    € 20.00 for the whole weekend.

Non-Members / Walk-ons

Saturday Only - € 25.00
    Sunday Only - € 20.00

Close Encounters Package / Saturday & Sunday - € 50.00

Requirements

Everybody

Torch, Food/Drink, Change of Clothes, Helmet/Head Protection, Approved Safety Eyewear/Goggles, Under 18’s must wear Full Face Protection. Camping gear if you’re staying overnight. Spare batteries, Bio BB’s (On sale at the site), good pair of boots. Wet weather gear could also come in very handy.

US Special Forces Specific

US Woodland / British DPM / Tigerstripe / Multicam load-out
    Green Glow Stick

Eastern Special Forces Specific

Flecktarn / Digital Camo / Russian / Chinese load-out
    Red Glow Stick

Greys Specific (Numbers Limited)

Blue Glow Stick
    Tracer Unit on AEG
    Green / Orange Bio tracers. Can be mixed with non-tracers to keep the old cost down smile.gif

PS: Specific Loadouts are not strictly necessary - Bring what you Got

More Details to follow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Added to calendar, will post on GetActive shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭chakav

OzCam wrote: »
    Added to calendar, will post on GetActive shortly.

Thanks mate, hope to see you around some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

Cheers Ozcam,

Will you be free that weekend to visit.
    Absolutelty Everyone over 16 is welcome

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hammerstein

this is looking to be a great event cant wait to take part in it

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭maximus-2100

ooooooooooooooh i really cant wait for this one!! its gonna be so much fun hehehe :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Vent13

I'll be there, all guns blazing!!!

Any of you guys with mounted torches, lasers and tracers bring them down..
    Bio tracer bbs only though.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

How much are the Bios? ;)

Standard Bios on our site are €10 for 2000.
    We dont sell bio tracers so have a look online ;)

Eyes only – Secure Courier Only – Hand Deliver – Destroy after reading

Information requires HIGH LEVEL CLASSIFIED Security Clearance

Mission Background Information
    Timeline:

02.45 Assets of the 49th Missile Defense Battalion based at Fort Greely, Alaska detect an unidentified flying object of indeterminate dimensions over the Bering Sea on a course towards Fairbanks, Alaska.

02.59 Two F16s of the 354th Fighting wing based at Eielson Air Force Base are scrambled to intercept/investigate

The following is an excerpt from the transcript of the conversation between Major: Joe Mullins and command…

Maj. J. Mullins "It's moving very fast to the northeast, it’s leaving no trail."

Command "What’s its speed son?"

Maj. J. Mullins "I’m doing Mach 1.5 and it’s pulling away… hang on its stopped…that’s impossible…it just stopped dead…I’m coming up on it’s six…6 seconds…………I’m past it…"

Command "What do you see Major?”

Maj. J. Mullins "Can’t get a good look sir… it’s approximately 20 meters across and is oval in shape…hang on…something’s happening…my god…missiles away – missiles away... I’m under fire…aaaghh…"

Command "Major, Major come in…”

03.11 A non-nuclear kinetic missile is launched from Fort Greely to destroy the ‘UFO’.

03.24 Two separate NSA satellites re-tasked with observing the impact, both confirm a direct hit and both confirm the ‘UFO’ to be proceeding toward the Alaskan Mainland. (albeit at an erratic pace and direction)

04.29 NSA satellite observation confirms that the ‘UFO’ has landed/crash landed in a remote area, approximately 80km north of Fairbanks in a remote wooded area know as the White Mountain Recreation Area.

map1-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Unfortunately do not think I can muster enough lads for this.

Best of luck in the event. Great to see sites trying more and more milsim games driven by stories and larp play.

Best of luck.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Unfortunately do not think I can muster enough lads for this.

Best of luck in the event. Great to see sites trying more and more milsim games driven by stories and larp play.

Best of luck.

Fair play Doc, sorry to hear you cant make it mate.

For anyone thinking of coming down from the big smoke to the countryside, don't be scared, we don't normally bite ;). We've a great nights play organised.

We're sure to have a good turn out on the night. The great majority of our 50+ strong membership are heading and that's before walk-ons.

We are a non-profit club of airsofters for airsofters.

Support the Sport - Support your country cousins:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I was just wondering... you mentioned camping ... and im thinking of coming down for this too... What facilities are there? and how far is it from the site?

Firekitten wrote: »
    I was just wondering... you mentioned camping ... and im thinking of coming down for this too... What facilities are there? and how far is it from the site?

The campsite is smack bang in the middle of the site

map.jpg

To be honest the campsite we have designated is the driest, flattest part of the site that we could find and is also in a spot where it is out of the way of hostilities.

Hmmm, facilities, well we have a fully serviced toilet in a secure container at the safe zone, we will have power provided by generators at the site and the Camp site and the Safe Zone will be lit to the best of our ability.

We are up a mountain and miles from civilisation ;)

Any other questions - fire away

We'd love to see some seasoned members of the community up our mountain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

chakav wrote: »
    We are up a mountain and miles from civilisation

We'd love to see some seasoned members of the community up our mountain :)

Que banjo music from "Deliverance".

Sorry Charlie couldn't resist. :D:D:D

Que banjo music from "Deliverance".

Sorry Charlie couldn't resist. :D:D:D

Yeee haw!! Dont be scared City Slickers!!

del1-733382.jpg

Just as long as there are no 'alien probings' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

If there gonna be probings I might pop along.....
    S..
    And Ill bring my own banjo to make you all scream.......

Oh ****, I'm not showing up then if you're coming! You're worse than a redneck... you're a geordie... rape you and rob you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Firekitten wrote: »
    rape you and rob you :P

Which order???
    S..

• Advertisement

on behalf of seac I wish to make this statement. I myself am a founding member of seac and can say rhinocharge is the founder of the club. He also is a club member and is welcome on this thread, on the seac forum and at seacom anytime.

Rockercover you claim to be a member of seac. If you have a problem with a seac member you come to the seac committee. Names are posted in the seac forum section or mail me and I shall forward your complaint.

now this thread is about us having a great weekend so lets get back to business.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

To rockercover
    If you are a sea-c member , please convey all grivences relating to sea-c through the committee .If you are not a sea-c member , please refrain from speaking on behalf of sea-c .

Hey... I tried to look up some info on this weekender... I couldnt find it on the site... whats the storyline specifically? other than 'there be aliens and banjos?'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

+1 to that. I was personally present, along with about 40 others, at the founding meeting where Rhino made the start on SEAC, and personally saw him put his membership fee in cash into the cashbox :-)

Go through channels if there are issues, this thread isn't the place for it.

All sea-c committee members have their real names posted along with their call signs .This is to prove that we stand behind any decissions that we make and not just hide behind call signs and keyboards .The purpose of this thread is to discuss an exciting up and coming event at seacom , not to listen to the whinging of one person speaking on behalf of a club that I think don't want anything to do with him/her .(are you male or female).OPERATION GREY AREA is going to be hard , dark , wet but most of all , A WHOLE LOT OF FUN FUN FUN .

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

Not sure but maybe few from LITPOLBAT will take a part in this game!Will see !!!

This has gone so far off topic that it's not funny anymore .Can we please get back to our biggest event todate .OPERATION GREY AREA .I for one am returning early from holidays just to be there .I'm leaving the sunshine behind so that I can sleep in a wet forest .I think I need some of those tablets .LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 seac g wagen

up there on the 23-8 with loads a lads,but when the mist and fog came in they just disapered more than 15-20 meters away !!!! you couldn't make them out till they moved ,even hard to make out where the bb were been fired from !!:confused:
    it's going some job ,been dark and if you get a slit mist up on at that height and aliens running around .:confused:
    if the aliens sneeking up on you dont kill you the fright will !!!:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Only that i'm in Dublin and dont drive (Yet:pac:) i'ed love to attend but unfortunately cant.
    Good luck with this Skirmish lads,hope it goes well for yous:).

• Advertisement

se conman wrote: »
    You must sleep diferently in a forest than I do .LOL
    Plenty of different ones...

sleeping in 2 meteres of snow is more fun though :D God bless the north yorkshire moors in febuary....

Advertisement