Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork City And Surroundings To Get Low Cost DAB + Multiplex From August.

Options
  • 31-05-2018 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭

Technology company eir dab are to commence a twelve month DAB+ trial in Cork City And it's Sourroundings after been awarded a licence by Comreg. From August eir dab are hopeing to offer at least 20 radio stations to listeners in Cork City and it's Sourroundings. According to their website their aim is to offer a cheaper solution to other radio broadcasters who would like to broadcast on their DAB+ Multiplex and hope other broadcasters will come on board. To be honest I'm not holding out much hope as DAB and DAB+ seem to be dead in the water as independent radio broadcasters see fm as a cheaper option for broadcasting their radio stations. I wish them well in their new venture and I hope other broadcasters come on board and support the project. The coverage area for the trial is on their website hopefully this link will work http://www.eirdab.com/

Advertisement