Thread Closed  

16-01-2021, 19:25   #9811
Weepsie

Jaysus, I think Lampard has broken Werner. He'd have eaten up these chances the last 2-3 years. Fulham were very good, but Chelsea just look very, very averaage which that squad should never look

If Roman gets trigger happy and brings in a better manager, they'll be a very real threat. I feel like he doesn't have style down at all yet and keeps making changes that set them back in the search of something that works.
Advertisement
16-01-2021, 19:26   #9812
doc_17

Why wasn’t Abraham booked for knocking the ball out of the Fulham player’s hands when he was rushing to take a throw? I know they’ve replaxed that rule but wasn’t Wan Bisaku booked a few weeks ago for trying to stop a free kick being taken quickly?
Thanks from:
16-01-2021, 19:28   #9813
doc_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weepsie View Post
Jaysus, I think Lampard has broken Werner. He'd have eaten up these chances the last 2-3 years. Fulham were very good, but Chelsea just look very, very averaage which that squad should never look
I think defensively they don’t have great players. Good? Yes. But as good as Liverpool, City, Spurs and even Utd? I don’t think so. Serious issues in CM as well as he doesn’t have a regular pairing there and can’t seem to decide beside Kovacic and Jorginho.
16-01-2021, 20:05   #9814
Fitz*

I know they won the return fixture last year, but after the hammering they got last year I'd like Southampton to win again tonight against Leicester to win back some more bragging rights.
Thanks from:
16-01-2021, 22:53   #9815
Muahahaha

Feeling a bit stupid here because for the last couple of years I thought the Newcastle forwards name was Joe Linton. Turns out his name is Joelinton Cássio Apolinário de Lira
Advertisement
17-01-2021, 01:01   #9816
dfx-

That has to be one of the more underwhelming days of PL football in recent times. Four pretty poor 1-0s until the late injury time goal at Leicester.

There seems to be a saturation point coming soon, not every minute needs to be seen...
17-01-2021, 01:17   #9817
Cookiemunster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
That has to be one of the more underwhelming days of PL football in recent times. Four pretty poor 1-0s until the late injury time goal at Leicester.

There seems to be a saturation point coming soon, not every minute needs to be seen...
The day did start with a 2-3 away win where the lead changed hands 3 times.
Thanks from:
17-01-2021, 02:58   #9818
klopparama

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'prof View Post
What do the numbers in brackets mean lads? Brain not functioning today
I hate to critique work I haven’t done but I think the table would look much clearer and cleaner if it just had points attainable in the brackets.

Putting in games left too just muddies it.

Love the idea of the table though. Think it shows the state of play at a quick glance.

The tautology does confuse/ruin it though imo.
17-01-2021, 09:15   #9819
batistuta9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfx- View Post

Rory Smith was making similar points on a twitter thread recently
https://mobile.twitter.com/RorySmith...26312880062465

Some good points in it but just because it's on doesn't mean you've to watch it. Probably didn't watch those games before, so why now?

Can watch motd or YouTube highlights even quicker instead. If you've a VPN you can watch extended highlights on yt from NBC.

I still think all games should be broadcast after covid too, maybe not in individual timeslots but they'll still be fans of those teams that can't get to games that'd want to watch them
Thanks from:
Thread Closed