Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post mobile €15 for everything

• 05-11-2020 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭

New offer, €15/month for 50Gb, 3000 mins and 3000 texts.
    31 days on auto top-up
    Uses Vodafone network
    4G included

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Worth pointing out that 48 (7.99/month with 100 GB) and GoMo (12.99/month with 120 GB) offer more for less.

However, for the rare situations where someone does not have good Three nor Eir reception but has good Vodafone reception then this offer is worth switch too from a more expensive Vodafone plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

JTMan wrote: »
    Worth pointing out that 48 (7.99/month with 100 GB) and GoMo (12.99/month with 120 GB) offer more for less.

However, for the rare situations where someone does not have good Three nor Eir reception but has good Vodafone reception then this offer is worth switch too from a more expensive Vodafone plan.

My mother was looking at moving from 48 to postmobile but there is no option on the drop down menu for 48. Anyway around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

physioman wrote: »
    My mother was looking at moving from 48 to postmobile but there is no option on the drop down menu for 48. Anyway around this?

Try choosing Vodafone and it might go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Try Tesco as donor network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

DopeTech wrote: »
    Try choosing Vodafone and it might go through.

I wouldve thought "three" as it's the network 48 use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Very true point, I'm with GoMo and reception in a few places I spend time is poor to non existent. I tried 48 and it is the same although its different places there's no reception.
    Pity there is no way to try postmobile before I give up my gomo.
    €10 a month GoMo is grand except no bloody reception makes it worthless.

Anyone have any experience with postmobile? Is it vodafone for cheap or are data speeds totally different?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

PostMobile is a bit of a joke. They have practically no customers. For ages their offering was the same price as Vodafone but offered only 3G.

You'll likely get no support if anything goes wrong so you may as well use GoMo or 48. VFs network has lost the performance lead it had.

Pity there is no way to try postmobile before I give up my gomo.

Anyone have any experience with postmobile? Is it vodafone for cheap or are data speeds totally different?

Some posts across various threads indicate lower speeds than Vodafone but because there's so few PM customers it's difficult to get real world testimony of PM performance.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Some posts across various threads indicate lower speeds than Vodafone but because there's so few PM customers it's difficult to get real world testimony of PM performance.

I might fork out 15 for a month as a new number and try it

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

TheDriver wrote: »
    I might fork out 15 for a month as a new number and try it

The first month is free: https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Products/Post-Mobile-Products/Keep-Number-All-You-Need-SIM-Only-Sim-Card

• Advertisement

That's only for keep number so need a spare SIM from another network...Eir, Vodafone and 48 issue free SIMs.

Even then there's a note on that page...
    BEFORE YOU ORDER PLEASE NOTE:

SIM Cards will only be activated with first month’s credit on successful switch to An Post Mobile. The SIM Card you receive will be unusable until activated & credit is added.

It's not clear whether they add the credit or whether customer has to add credit.

For new number, they charge 15e which presumably includes the first month.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

What about calls to landlines? Is that included?

Also UK numbers, there doesn't seem to be any mention of this

What about calls to landlines? Is that included?
    Yes, calls to ROI mobile and landlines included
    Also UK numbers, there doesn't seem to be any mention of this
    Not included, additional credit needed.

https://www.anpost.com/Mobile/International-and-roaming-rates

Are either of these any use? I'm looking at switching from a €20 p/m contract with only €15GB included but I can't fault the network coverage (Vodafone). Are 48 or Gomo any use (Dublin are 99% of the time)

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i used it for a month and while it was fine in dublin and cork city it was ****e in rural areas and seemed to be like knock off vodafone, i went back to vodafone fairly sharpish

How did the SIM work re the month free?
    How was it worse than VF? Data speeds or just reception?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

How did the SIM work re the month free?
    How was it worse than VF? Data speeds or just reception?

I was checking out speeds on gomo yesterday and I got massive variation over the day.

I thought speeds would be consistent enough

Maybe this is stupid but if it uses the Vodafone network, should the reception and coverage not be exactly the same as vodafone?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

OmegaGene wrote: »
    that is exactly what i thought but it seems vodafone sell post mobile a lower tier of the network at a cheaper rate, the same thing happens in the uk with bill pay and sim only contract apparently

i had two iphones one on vodafone and the other on post mobile and did various tests in random areas and there was a big difference in data speed, this may have changed since i used the sim which was about two years ago
    Two years ago Post Mobile was 3G-only which would have made a colossal difference. They finally introduced 4G this year.

Quackster wrote: »
    Two years ago Post Mobile was 3G-only which would have made a colossal difference. They finally introduced 4G this year.
    I thought it was recent. 2 years ago would be like Tesco on three network before 4G.
    I don't see how post mobile nowadays would be different to VF, think I'll try a sim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Switched from Vodafone a few months ago. Call quality is the same as VF, excellent. Data speeds not as fast but more than adequate. Tested on a dual SIM phone before porting. VF might be 70 Mbps and Postmobile 20 Mbps for example. Customer service is fine and relatively easy to get in touch with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

Dunno if this makes much of a difference but I see if you're with Revolut you get Gomo sim for €13 a month and a month free, everything unlimited?

Currently I'm Virgin Media 15 a month but family member wants out of a ****" Eir plan.

VM or Gomo ?

Leinster area, VM for me is grand, but sometimes laggy with YouTube or Netflix. A few deadzones in Dublin too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Treppen wrote: »
    Dunno if this makes much of a difference but I see if you're with Revolut you get Gomo sim for €13 a month and a month free, everything unlimited?

Currently I'm Virgin Media 15 a month but family member wants out of a ****" Eir plan.

VM or Gomo ?

Leinster area, VM for me is grand, but sometimes laggy with YouTube or Netflix. A few deadzones in Dublin too

If you have good Three reception, then go with 48.ie who give 100 GB for 7.99/month but their offer expires on 10 November so you are going to have to act fast. The next best option is GoMo.

Got my mother moved to postmobile from 48. Went into my local post office who gave me a sim and did all the registering for me while I was there. Took 5 mins. Ported over in half an hour. Got 1st month free. Easy process. Great that it can be done in any post office.

Got my mother moved to postmobile from 48. Went into my local post office who gave me a sim and did all the registering for me while I was there. Took 5 mins. Ported over in half an hour. Got 1st month free. Easy process. Great that it can be done in any post office.

So you didn't need to add any credit or pay anything upfront?

Asking too re payment and also what do u think re data speeds, reception etc?

Ten Pin wrote: »
    So you didn't need to add any credit or pay anything upfront?

No didn't ask for any payment so first month free.

Asking too re payment and also what do u think re data speeds, reception etc?

Too early to tell regarding reception but did a speed test and what is normally 45 download on vodafone was 26 on post mobile

Too early to tell regarding reception but did a speed test and what is normally 45 download on vodafone was 26 on post mobile
    Thanks, will you keep us updated. I'd take half VF speeds anyday over my 2G on gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Anyone know if the fair usage of 50Gb is enforced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭gipi

If you have good Three reception, then go with 48.ie who give 100 GB for 7.99/month but their offer expires on 10 November so you are going to have to act fast. The next best option is GoMo.

For info, the 48 offer has been extended till 5th January. Saw it on the 48 website today

Advertisement