Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The wezz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

believes me in what aspect?

in that i'm best mates with Dave the owners nephew?
    or something else?
    please tell me what no1 believes me about fad

Was refering to:
    Here lads, We kept wez real!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

(and btw barcodes rubbish, and i live like a minute away from it!, 21s ftw)
    Ha!

*Shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Here lads, We kept wez real!,

nd yeah we got let in for free, connections nd all that

good times,

(and btw barcodes rubbish, and i live like a minute away from it!, 21s ftw)

He speaks the truth, never queued once :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

never ever went to a teenage disco ! :) ever
    thankfully

However I did go to blast all the time =p
    basically running around with friends hyped up on coke and cookies from tesco down the road,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    never ever went to a teenage disco ! :) ever
    thankfully

However I did go to blast all the time =p

basically running around with friends hyped up on coke and cookies from tesco down the road,

Aaaagghhh down with supporting extremely untalented cliched bands! Down with this sort of thing!

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    Aaaagghhh down with supporting extremely untalented cliched bands! Down with this sort of thing!

face !
    The Mascara Story, Rescue The Astronauts, Emily, Windfall, Dumbellz, KVX..... =p

But to be honest there were ALOT of crap bands there...

face !
    The Mascara Story, Rescue The Astronauts, Emily, Windfall, Dumbellz, KVX..... =p

But to be honest there were ALOT of crap bands there...

Sorry but those she still play there? Does she really not have anything better to do??? See supporting Blast Beat results in crappy bands breaking through, i remember see In Case of Fire play there 3 years ago i think and now look where they are, my bad people :p!

face !

Mascara Story, Rescue The Astronauts, Emily, Steer Clear, all bands that would have gone somewhere, all broke up.............I think its more than a coincidence.

I dont like Blast not because what they sign (All the fúcking same, HSR, Steer Clear etc, and dont get me wrong I really liked Steer Clear {Dont care about your opinion of them!} but all the bands on the label have this annoying samey feel, its like Hellcat records all over again!), but because how they promote things. Ive heard some of them say how theyre trying to foster a proper music scene in Dublin, but they hinder any development by competing maliciously with other promoters (Demented Fest being a good example of this.)

Fad wrote: »
    Mascara Story, Rescue The Astronauts, Emily, Steer Clear, all bands that would have gone somewhere, all broke up.............I think its more than a coincidence.

I dont like Blast not because what they sign (All the fúcking same, HSR, Steer Clear etc, and dont get me wrong I really liked Steer Clear {Dont care about your opinion of them!} but all the bands on the label have this annoying samey feel, its like Hellcat records all over again!), but because how they promote things. Ive heard some of them say how theyre trying to foster a proper music scene in Dublin, but they hinder any development by competing maliciously with other promoters (Demented Fest being a good example of this.)

I didn't mention steer clear :) and for good reason too !

And the mascara story and rescue the astronauts were esentially the same band, .... but they did both break up =p and emily lasted till like last october ? or the october of 2007 =p either one

But mostly it was mostly the same crap, in cork it was always metal band after metal band and up in dublin it was punk band punk band punk band then blastspace started and steer clear and HSR took over the show, not to mention that i grew up =p

I didn't mention steer clear :) and for good reason too !

And the mascara story and rescue the astronauts were esentially the same band, .... but they did both break up =p and emily lasted till like last october ? or the october of 2007 =p either one

But mostly it was mostly the same crap, in cork it was always metal band after metal band and up in dublin it was punk band punk band punk band then blastspace started and steer clear and HSR took over the show, not to mention that i grew up =p

I dont mind alot of people dislike them, lets not get into it!

Tbh I think both Mascara and Rescue were both really David Ferris writing everything (Kinda like NIN basically being Trent Reznor) and the rest of the band being kinda second to him. He writes alot of good stuff, obscenely prolific (here's his albums:Invites For Drunk Lips, The Lonely House Attracts The Lonely Hearts, LA, NY.)

Anytime I got to a biggish Pop Punk show (Generally Unmentionable), there's always a Blastspace band playing, HSR or Shower Scene, Ive seen HSR 4 times and I dont like them!, Shower Scene too much too!) They both sound the same too!

• Advertisement

I dont mind alot of people dislike them, lets not get into it!

Tbh I think both Mascara and Rescue were both really David Ferris writing everything (Kinda like NIN basically being Trent Reznor) and the rest of the band being kinda second to him. He writes alot of good stuff, obscenely prolific (here's his albums:Invites For Drunk Lips, The Lonely House Attracts The Lonely Hearts, LA, NY.)

Anytime I got to a biggish Pop Punk show (Generally Unmentionable), there's always a Blastspace band playing, HSR or Shower Scene, Ive seen HSR 4 times and I dont like them!, Shower Scene too much too!) They both sound the same too!

I well know about daveit's new stuff :) i was obsessed with him back in the day, but he's gone so..............................whiney lately :\ i've gone off him completely

And I was listening to the shower scene the other day, I quite like them =D they're not as bad as others

btw it's daveit ;pp

I well know about daveit's new stuff :) i was obsessed with him back in the day, but he's gone so..............................whiney lately :\ i've gone off him completely

And I was listening to the shower scene the other day, I quite like them =D they're not as bad as others

btw it's daveit ;pp

Sticking them up there so someone else will take em then.

Is that his really name? Wasnt sure, he signs off emails Daveit, but David sounds a helluva lot ridiculous!

Shower Scene=Eurgh

Sorry that Daveitt lad has one sound and it is moan, i had a quick look at one those albums, the acoustic one, and it's just one song of moaning after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Wtf is Blast?

obl wrote: »
    Wtf is Blast?

Rock gig in Dublin.

Sorry that Daveitt lad has one sound and it is moan, i had a quick look at one those albums, the acoustic one, and it's just one song of moaning after another.

They're all acoustic :pac:

Not all music has to be upbeat.

They're all acoustic :pac:

Not all music has to be upbeat.

I don't mind a band doing one ballad type sad song, but a whole album? It's dreary and unimaginative.

It's dreary and unimaginative.

Avoid Joy Division so:).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

believes me in what aspect?

in that i'm best mates with Dave the owners nephew?
    or something else?
    please tell me what no1 believes me about fad

Since when does Dave own Wezz?!?:confused:

As far as I've always known it (going regularly-ish the last 3years or so) Donie was always in charge?! and I'm friends with one of the girls who works there and Donie's her boss so......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Lola92 wrote: »
    Since when does Dave own Wezz?!?:confused:

As far as I've always known it (going regularly-ish the last 3years or so) Donie was always in charge?! and I'm friends with one of the girls who works there and Donie's her boss so......:confused:
    He said the owners nephew Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

hunter164 wrote: »
    He said the owners nephew Dave.

You're right there! Sorry my bad!...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I always hated disco's. Total waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 i_Love_You

i Just want to say that the wezz disco in Donnybrook is not bad at all. Well the 1st year one isnt, the Stuff you read about in the newspapers is mainly about the 6th year wezz or 4th year. My daughter goes 1st year wezz and its a Safe place and theres no carry on.

i_Love_You wrote: »
    i Just want to say that the wezz disco in Donnybrook is not bad at all. Well the 1st year one isnt, the Stuff you read about in the newspapers is mainly about the 6th year wezz or 4th year. My daughter goes 1st year wezz and its a Safe place and theres no carry on.

Wow serious zombification here.......

While drinking isnt as prevalent at baby wezz, it still is there, and while I'd deem it as a relatively safe place, there are stories that I fully believe (For one reason or another) that would make your toes curl......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

People from different GAA areas fighting,sexual intercourse happening in the disco.plenty of drinking before hand too.
    Must visit Longford....

Just joking. SERIOUSLY I AM.

The local teenage disco here is well...****e. Utter smouldering of ****e. All the lads go in drunk, so we just end up going ****ing crazy, there's a couple of fights, no women for miles coming anywhere near of course (single women don't go...wonder why). I've yet to go a disco that stays full until the end.
    3rd year we had a complete upgrade. Decided to go to clubs when they had teen discos. Knackers EVERYWHERE but we didn't mind. Was actually good craic and great sense of adventure the first time. First go I got a bad case of tonsilitis. Good times.
    Now, going into 5th year, we're all sick of that aswell so now we're elaborating plans to snake into real clubs and get the real whammy. Couple of fellows who've done it and come back with tales of whimsy and wonder. Wonder what year we'll get the balls do it...probably when we're 18.

So now, we're left with nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

I went to 4th year Wezz..I'm going into 5th year now so we've stopped. It's ok. Not as bad as described. But when I went there with mates a few months ago, we got mugged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Scumbags dont bother me really at our local one tbh cause they're the ones wearing their school shoes with jeans lol.

Once my friend got 20 euro robbed of him by a girl who he thought was giving him a handjob.Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Piste wrote: »
    Nope, so I've edited it out. Talk of how to make a fake ID is banned, talk of where to get one is banned, talk of using one in a named venue is banned.

Was just wondering why you can't talk about fake ID's.

PS: Please don't ban me for saying this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Reillyman wrote: »
    ...because they're illegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Reillyman wrote: »

PS: Please don't ban me for saying this.
    Because they're illegal and boards is liable for whatever is said on their website. You talk about fake ID's as in "loads of my friends have fake ID's and use them to get into the local club" but you can't name the club. Think that's it anyway.

Advertisement