Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Arrived earlier than expected, but I'm not complaining.

f64737319beb91cc085faf2165efd3d5_zpsfh9nauow.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

She can fit two at a time in there!
    Who says a good education is ever wasted!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    She can fit two at a time in there!
    Who says a good education is ever wasted!

I'd say they'd be fierce handy for storing your oddments. Money, phone, makeup, parchment, potions, weapons etc...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MSX goodness courtesy of Ollie

hZQMQYul.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I miss them already :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks to Atavan I am now the proud owner of Option Tuning Car Battle 2 for the PS, and happily it seems to support my beloved NegCon!
    Looking forward to taking it for a spin this evening when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

My Master Belch tee arrived today

Thanks to Atavan I am now the proud owner of Option Tuning Car Battle 2 for the PS, and happily it seems to support my beloved NegCon!
    Looking forward to taking it for a spin this evening when I get home.

Let me know what you think. Played a bit of the first and seems really solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Last week I received my 2nd Mega Drive, this time it was modded to play in 60hz.

I didn't get to show it off properly so I thought this might be a good spot.

AhRtzVPl.jpg

60hz switch
    t02Pg5Rl.jpg

Customized LED light
    inxkNRZl.jpg

Inserted was a copy of Micro Machines 2. That also arrived this morning :)

Seriously delighted I have this. I've neglected playing this system for too long because of the screwjob us European owners got.

I don't know.
    I can see the plain advantages of 60hz and full screen gaming now but, at the time, I was pretty happy with my Sega Megadrive and the pal games it played, I had nothing to compare it to.
    So, Thunder forces 3 & 4, Road Rash 2 and Virtua Racing all seemed to run like they were supposed to, and all via RF as well!

That said, I would not go back to that, having becomes quite accustomed to the pleasures of region free gaining at the proper speed and via an RGB cable too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,391 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't know.
    I can see the plain advantages of 60hz and full screen gaming now but, at the time, I was pretty happy with my Sega Megadrive and the pal games it played, I had nothing to compare it to.
    So, Thunder forces 3 & 4, Road Rash 2 and Virtua Racing all seemed to run like they were supposed to, and all via RF as well!

Ignorance is bliss :pac:

I bought a Genesis 3 about 15 years ago and never looked back. 50hz is an abomination.

2ft kid showed up in judo class last night with these he "found in his dad's attic" as a present . major Aawwww
    ...and yes the dad knows about it :D

11139427_10153584301918276_3826517284424217867_n.jpg?oh=1807866210fe3cb65355b8d75af19b47&oe=566BA240

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Couple vita games and a book for me this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Doh, forgot to post the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Some more new old stock Game Boy DMG-01 shells, lens, buttons etc.
    I went for a couple of black and yellow ones as well this time to test them out.

C5DZEeS.jpg

2Bze1Cs.jpg

Aq1Gpuj.jpg

I think Myrddin and maybe one other person wanted a standard grey shell. But i shared the link so maybe you guys ordered already. Anyway, let me know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I think Myrddin and maybe one other person wanted a standard grey shell. But i shared the link so maybe you guys ordered already. Anyway, let me know.

Yeah I nabbed a pair of the original grey ones cheers. Hopefully won't need them but handy to have, especially at that price. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

LongZ wrote: »
    2ft kid showed up in judo class last night with these he "found in his dad's attic" as a present . major Aawwww
    ...and yes the dad knows about it :D

11139427_10153584301918276_3826517284424217867_n.jpg?oh=1807866210fe3cb65355b8d75af19b47&oe=566BA240

Judo brown belt aswell. Nice one :)

Got some fancy cover plates for the 3DS yesterday.

https://instagram.com/p/640-n0ABMK/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Some more new old stock Game Boy DMG-01 shells, lens, buttons etc.
    I went for a couple of black and yellow ones as well this time to test them out.

Any chance there is a spare D-Pad ? Need one to mod my GCW Zero

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've been put off buying a Gameboy because the screens are always a mess up seriously tempted now if I can pick up one of those shells. I really miss my fat gameboy and love the feel and ****ty screen on them.

• Advertisement

I modded my original gameboy with a backlit screen and it's so enjoyable now. I prefer using it as the SP

Any chance there is a spare D-Pad ? Need one to mod my GCW Zero

No spares with these, just enough for each one.
    I could 3D print you a D-Pad, but the quality wouldn't be as nice as the real deal.

Nice surprise today, friend in Japan sent me over a new old stock white joypad for my Jap Sega Saturn.
    Also, some acetone arrived for "stuff" :)

EBlcxEw.jpg

Also, some acetone arrived for "stuff" :)

breaking-bad-i-am-the-danger-i15749.jpg

Link to "How to recognise a Meth Lab , I wonder is there a market out there for people who want to know if the abandoned building they pass on the Luas, on the way to and from work, is in fact cooking methamphetamine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Not long now before i get to apply this.

Always liked the dang Centipede.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

eddhorse wrote: »

Looks great dude. That the work of muddymusic?

You probably already know how to apply vinyl but if you don't it's well worth watching a few vids beforehand to get the technique

eddhorse wrote: »

Holy ****.
    My fave side art!

Looks great dude. That the work of muddymusic?

You probably already know how to apply vinyl but if you don't it's well worth watching a few vids beforehand to get the technique

Yep its Ollys alright, he also has a new website now. http://www.arcadeartshop.com

I have watched some vids and dis the control panel but will watch some more to be sure.
    Holy ****.
    My fave side art!

Definitely a lot to choose from but this one has always been classic gaming for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I did the various stickers on my cab using the water spray and squeegee method. Granted it is applied on to painted metal but it worked a treat.

• Advertisement

I did the various stickers on my cab using the water spray and squeegee method. Granted it is applied on to painted metal but it worked a treat.

Squeegee and water spray for some movement, check !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement