Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd intervarsity

• 24-02-2004 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

wow this must be a record, the longest amount of time after an intervarsity that someone hasnt complained about dit

is everyone dead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

The lack of practise even though there were THREE BLANK BUTTS SITTING THERE DOING NOTHING AT ALL annoyed me.

I think its time we standardized procedures when it comes to intervarsity competitions.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

True...

I think in all fairness though Tony would not have allowed it so it was probably right.

My opinion though was that First group get free practice.

Then 2nd group get to go a few at a time at the free butts while the others are shooting.

We did that in Maynooth I think it was.

DIT doing so well is probably a good thing. It gets us all into thinking lets get more practise in. Lets get better. We can get in and around the 500s with enough work.

One thing I personally find lacking in DCU anyhow is coaching. As I set up the club I do a fair bit of coaching to the best of my abilities but I personally don't feel I can progress a lot. I could do with a coach above my own abilities. There's only so much I can teach people.

Carlow seem to have gotten themselves a coach which is great. I've been working on it for months but to no avail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

Intervarsity records are up: www.ucd.ie/archery under Results

Also did up a sitemap for those that don't/can't use the menu system, its on the main page.

Also did up intervarsity records (i think Ewan asked about it before), and updated the advanced archers list.
    Note once your on the list, you must always shoot advanced or barebow, no exceptions no matter what.

Only one point still to do, Ewan and Ciaran both shot 514, someone from UCD should be letting me know their hits,golds,10s today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

I was under the impression I shot a 517, maybe I added up wrong..

i only went with the sheet i got from ucd, which lists, archery, college, score i presumed they wrote the numbers down correctly, they are checking for me tonight anyways so should be update Fri (i'm off on thursdays :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

Ewan got 514, the same as Ciarain.
    Ewan got 16 tens and 36 golds.
    Ciarain got 17 tens and 32 golds.
    Of course, no misses. And both were not marking X's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

Thanks to UCD, I enjoyed the Intervarsity. Good job people. You might want to get sponsorship off O'Briens for next year though, you must have made them a fortune!

Whats the craic with the UL Intervarsity. Where did that appear from? Oh and what date is it? It better not be the week after GMIT.

One other thing, do UCD have any decent Irish archers or do they just import talented foreigners on "study scholarships"? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭paulmorro

How much money do you think UCD Sport gives us???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I hear being hired assassins pays well.

:p

Ewan, Ciaran thing sorted on website now,
    I think the real interesting threat at the intervarsity was Maynooth, if mearly doubled our score, we would be a close 3rd....

DCU next week, GMIT 2 weeks after, UL 2 weeks after that, i think.
    I'm not sure if i'll be a them all, if not just email me the results and i'll put them up on the UCD site, ye'll have to get someone else to do this next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement