Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3money scam

Options
  • 07-10-2019 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've been using 3money mastercard with no issues so far and was happy with it! Last week i bought top up voucher 150euro and later that night i toped my account and on the app showed 150 available to spend. However,when i was trying to purchase tickets online,card was declined. Tried again next day and same -unsufficient funds. Checked the app,shows 150 to spend. Rang 3money customer service and the girl says you dont have any money on your card. Coincidence or not,i had app open while i was talking to her and 150 turned into 00.00. I still had voucher and when i told her the code she said its been used. She told me to send all kinds of documents and proof of address and ID to their email,wich i did .
    Few days later,after going circles and multiple emails and no real answer and wasted phone credit , rang them again and basically was told to send email to fraud department at prepaid financial services and to go to Garda for them to investigate!!! Now i feel not only scammed,but insulted too! Of course il go to gards and see what they can do,and il be writing small claims court and financial regulator .
    Did anyone had same expierence with 3money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

What would either the regulator or small claims court do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Darc19 wrote: »
    What would either the regulator or small claims court do?

or the guards??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sigita Liepina

or the guards??

I have no idea! It seems silly to me of course,like 3money is brushing me off telling me to deal with this problem by myself and they wont take responsibility for mistake.

Or they think im a fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

where did you buy the top up voucher?

I'd suggest sending in a letter of complaint to 3money outlining the situation & request all information relating to your account and the voucher in question (eg ask for where it was issued, what date/time, when it was activated and look for the linkage to your account.

you'll need to be able to prove a paper trail.

Advertisement