Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Sector Pay Agreement (17-20)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

fliball123 wrote: »
    As I say they gave a bit but no where near enough and we as the country had to borrow billions for paying their pay and pensions over the last couple of decades so you wont be getting any gratitude from me

Shur twas the public sector who broke the country wasnt it.
    Banks? No they're fine... Nothing to see there. Give em back their jobs and bonuses. Give the bondholders the money they took the high risk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

The rise hasn't properly kicked in. It only applies to days after September 1st

My reply was about the 2euro extra that I received yesterday, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm not "going off" anywhere junior.

Pin of your collar. Boo hoo. You want to talk about trolling, and yet, here you are, in a thread that has nothing to do with you, spreading falsehoods and media rumor.

You'd swear Public/Civil servants didn't pay tax either, the way you're going on. Bottom line of it is, when the country went to shít, Public servants were made out to be the scapegoats, and took several cuts to pay and conditions. This was never intended to be a permanent thing. And now, it's payback time. It's agreed. And it's happening.

So you can boo hoo over it all you like, it'll make no difference.

No, the private sector took the hit via people actually losing their jobs. You have some cheek saying that those who took a couple of percent pay cut were made out to be scapegoats when private sector employees were losing livelihoods left right and centre. And no, a few bankers at the top do not represent all private sector employees like some posts here seem to be implying.

No, the private sector took the hit via people actually losing their jobs. You have some cheek saying that those who took a couple of percent pay cut were made out to be scapegoats when private sector employees were losing livelihoods left right and centre. And no, a few bankers at the top do not represent all private sector employees like some posts here seem to be implying.

What percentage of private sector workers lost their jobs?

All public servants took two paycuts and an increase in their hours.

Btw what does a couple mean. Do you mean 2%. If so that's dishonesty right off the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

What percentage of private sector workers lost their jobs?

All public servants took two paycuts and an increase in their hours.

Btw what does a couple mean. Do you mean 2%. If so that's dishonesty right off the bat.

I suppose they wouldn't be happy until the hospital's and schools were shut. Then at least we'd solve the 'public sector pay bankrupting the country bother'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement