Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Newbie xx

audi5 wrote: »

Not sure what you mean by parking places not as expected. I have a private driveway parking so perhaps its different in your case.

That's the strange thing, on the landscape plans that is how it appears but not as attached to the contracts. The parking looks to be not aligned with the property, next doors cars would be outside our house, very frustrating would like confirmation either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

No, if you are talking about the layout plan contained within the outline spec document, then it was from 2017 plan except that I get a door in the living room and an extra store under the stairs. Its dated May 2017 and hence later than 2017 SDCC plan of type A so I am assuming that this is up to date.

Not sure what you mean by parking places not as expected. I have a private driveway parking so perhaps its different in your case.

Can you post a link to the may 17 plans by any chance, I think I've been referring to ones from Feb or Mar. So confusing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

corre10 wrote: »
    Can you post a link to the may 17 plans by any chance, I think I've been referring to ones from Feb or Mar. So confusing!!

It came with my contract as part of outline specs and not available on SDCC. It's essentially the same as Feb except an extra store. What type of house you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DrSeuss

corre10 wrote: »

It came with my contract as part of outline specs and not available on SDCC. It's essentially the same as Feb except an extra store. What type of house you have?

When you say extra store. Is one of these the "hot press" ? I'm trying to find out if this is the case or the store is what it says it is!

Actually you are bang on there. I had another look at my building agreement and sure enough there is that extra storage room off the living room! We've bought a type A. I'm not really all that bothered just a bit of consistency from the developer and agent would be nice. So many different answers to the same questions it seems.

Separate matter, has anyone managed to get their HTB sorted and paid to the developer directly? If so, what was the process? I imagine we will be returning contracts soon and that's the next step.

Thanks to all for the chat and info so far, it's been very helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Nemo28

I think the HTB is fairly straightforward but I had logged a tax return in March and tried to log back in to the myAccount section of the revenue website to sort the HTB and had trouble logging in so it had to post my password to me which takes about a week so just keep that in mind incase you have the same trouble and are under pressure for time.

Excuse my stupidity but we just put down the 5k deposit on a type B last weekend, so will the agent send us contracts within approx 3 weeks of that date then for us to sign and send back and pay the remaining 25k within a week?! I was under the impression it had to be all signed and sorted within 4 weeks of initial booking deposit, but i sent a few q's to hookemacdonald last week and havent heard back yet either (i see from other purchasers its taking up to 5 weeks to hear back though so maybe im too eager!)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

Nemo28 wrote: »
    I think the HTB is fairly straightforward but I had logged a tax return in March and tried to log back in to the myAccount section of the revenue website to sort the HTB and had trouble logging in so it had to post my password to me which takes about a week so just keep that in mind incase you have the same trouble and are under pressure for time.

Excuse my stupidity but we just put down the 5k deposit on a type B last weekend, so will the agent send us contracts within approx 3 weeks of that date then for us to sign and send back and pay the remaining 25k within a week?! I was under the impression it had to be all signed and sorted within 4 weeks of initial booking deposit, but i sent a few q's to hookemacdonald last week and havent heard back yet either (i see from other purchasers its taking up to 5 weeks to hear back though so maybe im too eager!)

We put our 5000 deposit down 24th of may on a b type, they sent the contacts to our solicitor 3 weeks later (8th June). Our solicitor then sent us a copy and sent a letter back to there solicitor with queries re social housing, bins etc on the 8th. We are now 5 and a half weeks waiting on there reply. They are very slow. We are waiting for them to reply then we will go to sign the contracts with our solicito and give the balance . Our contract did say we needed to sign and return in a certain timeframe but it seems no one received replies within this time. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nemo28

Checki0610 wrote: »
    We put our 5000 deposit down 24th of may on a b type, they sent the contacts to our solicitor 3 weeks later (8th June). Our solicitor then sent us a copy and sent a letter back to there solicitor with queries re social housing, bins etc on the 8th. We are now 5 and a half weeks waiting on there reply. They are very slow. We are waiting for them to reply then we will go to sign the contracts with our solicito and give the balance . Our contract did say we needed to sign and return in a certain timeframe but it seems no one received replies within this time. Hope that helps!

That's great thanks a mill! We are still awaiting mortgage approval, hoping to have it next week but did this come into it at all for you so far? Just clueless on which steps come in which sequence! Might be an even more stupid question but Im assuming you need mortgage AIP to sign? And do you know do you need the HTB all sorted before you sign too? We haven't been properly chatting to our solicitor yet so just want to be clued up when we go to chat with him once contracts arrive haha.. ðŸ˜

That's great thanks a mill! We are still awaiting mortgage approval, hoping to have it next week but did this come into it at all for you so far? Just clueless on which steps come in which sequence! Might be an even more stupid question but Im assuming you need mortgage AIP to sign? And do you know do you need the HTB all sorted before you sign too? We haven't been properly chatting to our solicitor yet so just want to be clued up when we go to chat with him once contracts arrive haha.. ðŸ˜

We were in the same position as you only learning all this as we go. The first thing we sorted was our help to buy so make sure you have been approved for that first, the bank will ask for this aswel if they haven't already ask you? You don't claim for this though until after you sign the contracts. We put our deposit down before we got our mortgage approval which was slow and we wer nervous about because I wouldn't sign anything until you have your approval. We got our approval in principle which AIB said was pretty solid but received the full loan offer a week after the AIP. I personally wouldn't sign without this so speak to your solicitor I'm sure he will say the same, but everything is so slow I would say you will have it by the time you need to sign. Once your solicitor gets the contracts he will read them and review them and send you a copy. He will reply to H&McD solicitors with any queries and wait for there reply. If they reply and your happy to go ahead you'll meet and sign the contracts. It's after this then you will claim the help to buy (but it should have been approved earlier). We're still waiting to hear back and sign so don't no much after that.

I've just been told by HMcD that C type homes are per brochure, meaning kitchen to front which is a terrible design! Windows will be raised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

DrSeuss wrote: »
    I've just been told by HMcD that C type homes are per brochure, meaning kitchen to front which is a terrible design! Windows will be raised.

Eugh, that's really annoying. Would be so much nicer at the back. I am a little disappointed.

We were in the same position as you only learning all this as we go. The first thing we sorted was our help to buy so make sure you have been approved for that first, the bank will ask for this aswel if they haven't already ask you? You don't claim for this though until after you sign the contracts. We put our deposit down before we got our mortgage approval which was slow and we wer nervous about because I wouldn't sign anything until you have your approval. We got our approval in principle which AIB said was pretty solid but received the full loan offer a week after the AIP. I personally wouldn't sign without this so speak to your solicitor I'm sure he will say the same, but everything is so slow I would say you will have it by the time you need to sign. Once your solicitor gets the contracts he will read them and review them and send you a copy. He will reply to H&McD solicitors with any queries and wait for there reply. If they reply and your happy to go ahead you'll meet and sign the contracts. It's after this then you will claim the help to buy (but it should have been approved earlier). We're still waiting to hear back and sign so don't no much after that.

We have AIP and have paid a deposit. Just kinda of waiting now and the HTB is sorted. Have you paid for an evaluation yet?

I'm very disappointed. It's a poor design, back dope essentially in dining area! Wait for the plans and see how they look because they'll be completely different to sdcc plans

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wacha

I'm very disappointed. It's a poor design, back dope essentially in dining area! Wait for the plans and see how they look because they'll be completely different to sdcc plans

Seems what's disappointing to you is good news for me - sorry!
    For us the kitchen crowded between garden door, back window and boiler in the corner was a massive waste of space. I was thinking to give up my booking in this phase and wait for second, since layout was also changed in Parkside Phase 2 (or 3). Now all the houses along Shackleton Drive have raised windows in what seems to be kitchen/dining so happy days here.

We have AIP and have paid a deposit. Just kinda of waiting now and the HTB is sorted. Have you paid for an evaluation yet?

How long have you the AIP? The full loan offer shouldn't be long after we had ours a week after we got the AIP. No the bank told us because the houses won't be build for a few months we didn't need the evaluation yet, I guess we will be waiting until they ask us to do it, have you done yours?

wacha wrote: »

Seems what's disappointing to you is good news for me - sorry!
    For us the kitchen crowded between garden door, back window and boiler in the corner was a massive waste of space. I was thinking to give up my booking in this phase and wait for second, since layout was also changed in Parkside Phase 2 (or 3). Now all the houses along Shackleton Drive have raised windows in what seems to be kitchen/dining so happy days here.

Is this that the kitchens are placed to the front of the home along Shackleton drive?

How long have you the AIP? The full loan offer shouldn't be long after we had ours a week after we got the AIP. No the bank told us because the houses won't be build for a few months we didn't need the evaluation yet, I guess we will be waiting until they ask us to do it, have you done yours?

Our broker told us we need to before signing contracts. He said basically someone comes out and takes a picture of the land. Sounds like a bit of a joke.

Does anyone know if the sitting room window will now be raised too?

Our broker told us we need to before signing contracts. He said basically someone comes out and takes a picture of the land. Sounds like a bit of a joke.

I was told it will be to look symmetrical but this is from HMcD.

Just to let you know I emailed my mortgage advisor to ask about the valuation and If I needed it before signing our contracts and this was her reply:

"That’s a strange not to sign the contracts without a valuation report. A valuation report is only valid for 4 months.

If it’s a new property it probable isn’t built yet so a valuer would have nothing to value?"

Just for your information if your house will take longer than 4 months the valuation would need to be done again, maybe clarify that with your broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wacha

Is this that the kitchens are placed to the front of the home along Shackleton drive?

It looks so to me.
    Still new to these boards so unable to attach pics or link to image hosting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Adel12

Newbie xx wrote: »
    What house type are ye talking about?
    We've got an A type house, in original plans there was an additional door into the sitting room but that was removed as per updated plans submitted in March 17.

Oh so the additional door in living room has been removed from A houses then? That is what I would prefer!

Anyone buying in the walk? If so, what are your projected completion dates?

Adel12 wrote: »
    Oh so the additional door in living room has been removed from A houses then? That is what I would prefer!

We bought a house type A, the storage room off the sitting room is on our building agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

Really!! I'm a bit disappointed I liked the symmetry of the front of the house with both windows being large. The mixed messaged people are getting from the agents is pretty annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

I am finding it really hard the last few weeks to get proper info off Hooke & McD. I called to the Information Suite two weeks ago and the agent didn't have any answer's for my questions. I also have asked them for the dimensions of the walls in our Living room so we can plan ahead for our couch but they only have the dimensions from the brochure.

They also don't have the measurements for the back garden and they are not having any show houses for this site as they have not put it down in the plans which is very unusual!

Really!! I'm a bit disappointed I liked the symmetry of the front of the house with both windows being large. The mixed messaged people are getting from the agents is pretty annoying.

I am still waiting on email clarification for HMD as they have told me over the phone that the kitchen is towards the back but won't confirm it in an email just yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starfish5000

Has anyone found out any info about allocation of social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Newbie xx

I am still waiting on email clarification for HMD as they have told me over the phone that the kitchen is towards the back but won't confirm it in an email just yet?

Just a thought if they've changed the external look of the front of the house would they have to submit changes to SDCC???

Just a thought if they've changed the external look of the front of the house would they have to submit changes to SDCC???

I asked this as I said the windows would need to be changed and he said to me that no one has asked that before and he would have to find out. I would much prefer the kitchen at the back

• Advertisement

Yes, as is the case for house type A. The original plans had lower roof and box window wheras more recent planning application in 2017 shows ammendments to these.

Advertisement