Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
13-12-2019, 13:01   #181
Furious-Red
Moderator
 
Furious-Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 13,191
Alter Bridge, Airbourne and Tempt announced to support Iron Maiden in Belsonic which is the Monday after Sunstroke so i hope AB + Airbourne fly into Dublin a day or two before to visit Punchestown
Furious-Red is offline  
Advertisement
14-12-2019, 10:06   #182
Thrashssacre
Registered User
 
Thrashssacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 758
Doesn't say more to be announced on the poster anymore so this could be it, any word on how ticket sales are going?
Thrashssacre is offline  
14-12-2019, 10:30   #183
Penfailed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashssacre View Post
Doesn't say more to be announced on the poster anymore so this could be it, any word on how ticket sales are going?
I'm surprised Therapy? aren't on that bill...

If there's three stages each day, I reckon they'll have to add more to the bill.

Last edited by Penfailed; 14-12-2019 at 10:33.
Penfailed is offline  
Thanks from:
14-12-2019, 13:40   #184
psychozeb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 652
Think they messed up badly by not having Maiden headline instead of playing Belfast twice on same tour. Would have drawn a bigger crowd.
psychozeb is offline  
14-12-2019, 13:46   #185
Mushy
Registered User
 
Mushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychozeb View Post
Think they messed up badly by not having Maiden headline instead of playing Belfast twice on same tour. Would have drawn a bigger crowd.
Availability would mean they couldn't. Download saturday so that's the sunday ruled out. Seems they're aiming at a level below that though, but maybe that'll change in the future
Mushy is online now  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-12-2019, 15:42   #186
Furious-Red
Moderator
 
Furious-Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 13,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy View Post
Availability would mean they couldn't. Download saturday so that's the sunday ruled out. Seems they're aiming at a level below that though, but maybe that'll change in the future
Yea exactly, it looks like they are gonna start small and build up the festival which is good instead of going straight for the larger headliners.
Furious-Red is offline  
(3) thanks from:
14-12-2019, 21:59   #187
Mushy
Registered User
 
Mushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious-Red View Post
Yea exactly, it looks like they are gonna start small and build up the festival which is good instead of going straight for the larger headliners.
Feels odd saying that when both bands are headlining the major French metal festival that sells 55k tickets before a band is announced. Will be interesting to see if itll grow and get major headliners. I can see Alice in Chains doing this one of the years
Mushy is online now  
14-12-2019, 23:12   #188
MadYaker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,751
What french metal festival is selling 55k tickets before an act is announced? France is a great spot for festivals.
MadYaker is offline  
14-12-2019, 23:32   #189
irish_stevo815
Registered User
 
irish_stevo815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfailed View Post
I'm surprised Therapy? aren't on that bill...

If there's three stages each day, I reckon they'll have to add more to the bill.
Oddly enough, Therapy are playing Indiependence in August.
irish_stevo815 is offline  
Advertisement
15-12-2019, 00:21   #190
Wrongway1985
Registered User
 
Wrongway1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadYaker View Post
What french metal festival is selling 55k tickets before an act is announced? France is a great spot for festivals.
Hellfest
Wrongway1985 is offline  
15-12-2019, 21:58   #191
fyfe79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,407
I plan on driving to this - is there a carpark nearby, or will there a 'park & ride' thing? I'll be driving from the south.
fyfe79 is offline  
16-12-2019, 12:22   #192
mloc123
Subscriber
 
mloc123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyfe79 View Post
I plan on driving to this - is there a carpark nearby, or will there a 'park & ride' thing? I'll be driving from the south.
I assume they will have parking on site... like Oxegen did back in the day
mloc123 is offline  
Thanks from:
16-12-2019, 14:06   #193
Thundercats Ho
Registered User
 
Thundercats Ho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,979
The later years of Oxegen had park and ride from Goffs, near Kill. It was around 10-15 mins in the shuttle bus.
Thundercats Ho is online now  
Thanks from:
16-12-2019, 17:45   #194
Jofspring
Registered User
 
Jofspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,122
Was there for AC/DC and Bon Jovi and they had a decent sized car park for both.
Jofspring is offline  
(2) thanks from:
18-12-2019, 14:21   #195
thebourke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 962
Send a message via Skype™ to thebourke
sunstroke ticket is more or less same price as guns n roses gold circle!
Crazy
thebourke is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet