Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apple Products are at serious risk !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

dbit wrote: »
    ever liked a single apple product in my whole life due to over restrictive DRM.

How is that relevant ? DRM was forced on Apple by the big recording companies. It's been relaxed somewhat in recent years though. If your preference is pirated content to avoid DRM restrictions then you take the risks that go along with sites that distribute it, including malware.
    Seems IOS users need to be concerned even more now.

If the apps are downloaded from the Apple Store you have little to worry about and it seems the bigger risk is from connecting the iOS device to a Windows computer. Vigilance is important on any device or system.

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

DRM relevance is a personal one , I don't see your confusion on that at all ?? Apple is designed to send you into the internal ever consuming, pay-for systems for everything that you want on the device , albeit loosened slightly, its still a platform i have never liked .

Being USB connected on an already infected pc is the avenue of attack in this case. I never said other wise.

My objective was to notify all ios users of a security risk and a large one at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

And some more on the topic, they are now finding this malware on non jailbroken IOS

http://blog.fortinet.com/post/investigating-on-pawn-storm-for-iphone

Advertisement