Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

LizT wrote: »
    Can't say for sure though.

Oh yeah I know but surely James or Ella would have taken that spot...never know though..it's annoying though listening to Tulisa go on about Ella not getting votes when she had the opportunity to eliminate someone who obviously is getting loads of votes! She shouldn't be surprise like, each Sunday has been a 'shocker'!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭passremarkable

It's going to be a tough week for Maloney, lets hope he can keep the consistency and produce another masterclass
    Just hope he doesn't get too NERVOUS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Louis on meeting Tulisa: (http://www.digitalspy.ie/showbiz/s103/the-x-factor/news/a439281/louis-walsh-stop-bland-and-boring-christopher-maloney-winning-x-factor.html)
    I was dreading meeting her. I thought she was going to be a right little knacker. You know, a real toughie.

AHHHH HAAA!! Is he even allowed say that!?! Love him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

That whole interview is great! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jason Todd wrote: »
    That whole interview is great! :D

Calling Christopher Fake And Shake is brilliant! Hahahahaha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

'I'll hunt him down and kill him': X Factor bosses considering reporting Twitter users to the police over vile Christopher Maloney death threats

He was booed by the studio audience on Sunday night's X Factor when it was announced he was through to next week's show ahead of favourites James Arthur and Ella Henderson.
    But Christopher Maloney hasn't just had boos to deal with after receiving a torrent of vile messages and death threats on Twitter.
    X Factor bosses have already contacted the micro-blogging site over the cruel taunts, and are now said to be considering calling the police in to investigate the situation.

A spokesperson for the ITV1 show told the Daily Mirror newspaper: 'The welfare of our contestants is our key priority and we work with them to provide what support is needed.'
    The 34-year-old hopeful is said to be devastated by the sick messages, with many urging him to commit suicide.
    One said: 'I’ll hunt Maloney down and kill him.'

Another added: 'Chris Maloney, Ugh, You don’t deserve this you baloney! Kill yourself.'
    Chris has also hit back at claims he has been voting for himself, insisting he can't even afford to pay his bills at the moment.
    Speaking to heat magazine, he said: 'I’m not getting an income at The X Factor and I’m missing it. I’ve been getting demand letters for a loan that I took out and I’m like, “How can I afford to vote for myself when I can’t even afford to pay the bills?” I honestly haven't got the time. Or the credit.'

That's horrible. Poor Chris :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Don't like the guy but death threats?? Ffs it's a TV show, get over it!! Some people are sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yeah, just back from the newsagents after getting myself lunch. I had a scour across the front pages of the tabloids, and I see that...

1) Chris is receiving death threats; and
    2) Fans are calling the show a fix, and calling it a "tragedy" that she's gone.

for the love of Christ, people have the intelligence of a donkey's nutsack, and in the case of the death threats, they have about as much worth as the said donkey's dollop of shíte.

fúcking hell.

you'd swear it was Chris' fault. you really would. the way the Xtra Factor treated it. the way the media are treating it. the way fans seem to be reacting to it. it's mind-boggling, ape-ish nonsense.

Chris has more fans than Ella. get the fúck over it. there are other music tastes other than what Tulisa deems "cool". i don't like Chris' music, but some do. they deserve a vote just as much as anyone else, and they're using it. the UK isn't populated with just 18-30 somethings. there are others who watch the show and make their voices heard.

fair fúcks to them.

basically, all X-Factor are doing right now is trying to tell those who vote for Chris that their opinion is wrong. think about that. their opinion, in a subjective, popularity contest, is apparently, WRONG.

mind-blowing.

i hope Chris wins the damn thing.

when these sorts of incidents happen during the course of one of these reality series, it really shows up a large section of society as being complete and utter imbeciles.

rant/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Wouldn't take threats posted over a social network as too serious myself. Could be kids. Easy to say from here but you'll just have to deal with it. Didn't Rylan get the same?

Chris' popularity is no doubt growing though which is good to see. All the bad publicity and negative press is making more and more people feel sorry for him. He's getting a damn lot of votes, otherwise producers wouldn't be so worried. Fair bloody play to him.

Ella clearly wasn't getting many and it was absolutely idiotic of Tulisa (though it wouldn't be the first time she's come out with absolute crap) to come out and demand people vote for the "right" acts. What the hell does that mean? The public will bloody well vote for who they like.

There were social media campaigns, radio campaigns to get Wagner to the final in 2010. He got voted off well before. There is nothing of the sort for Chris and I'd imagine he's only getting a handful of those who want to f**k with the XFactor. He's clearly popular with a lot of the voting public and fair play to him for it

As I've said if he's a diva so bloody what. I'm only interested in how acts come across and perform on stage. What happens backstage is the contestants own business

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

As regards the death threats on Twitter, the matter should be reported to the authorities whether it be by Xfactor or Chris himself. As cgpg5 said it could just be kids but even so I believe it should be reported and dealt with. The whole death threats online is getting out of hand. Caroline Flack had the same thing over her relationship with Harry Styles and apparently Taylor Swift is on the receiving end of the same harassment over her recent dating of Harry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

What are all these women seeing in that Harry?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Lucy Spraggan is singing in a well known Cork Gay Bar this Friday better get in early.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mikeym wrote: »
    Lucy Spraggan is singing in a well known Cork Gay Bar this Friday better get in early.

She is? Fair play to her.
    She will come out as a more long term winner from the show.
    She might not earn massive money per month but just on her name and talent which was showcased on TV, she will be earning a bit more now doing what she loves than going back to a 9 to 5 selling baby photos job.
    I wish her well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

mikeym wrote: »
    Playing The Dragon here in Dublin too

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lulu seems to forget all the acts he put through in past years to the live shows and I bet if he had the oldies group he would have taken Chris to the live shows :rolleyes:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lulu seems to forget all the acts he put through in past years to the live shows and I bet if he had the oldies group he would have taken Chris to the live shows :rolleyes:

The man who had Wagner and Jedward like!

I wonder how would Gary treat Chris if he weren't his act? I don't think he'd be half as blatant as other judges myself.

He likes to be in the minority when slagging off acts

is maloney quitting? thought i heard that this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

No, he's quit Twitter because of the abusive messages he's getting.

He quit twitter this week, maybe that's what you heard?

Edit: Snap dark crystal :P

Acts going on twitter during the show is asking for trouble tbh. There'll always be sick people throwing abuse

They really should wait till after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

LizT wrote: »

Edit: Snap dark crystal :P

Great minds, Liz :D

ah right,,thats not too bad..im hoping he wins it now..he is doing it for his nan afterall

ah right,,thats not too bad..im hoping he wins it now..he is doing it for his nan afterall

I hope Rylan wins just for the craic.

I'm starting to believe Chris really can actually win this. I think he'll finish second though

The final will be awkward to say the least. Will he get standing ovations from judges which seem to be compulsory on the showpiece night? I don't think they'll go that far but I think they'll hold their hands up and acknowledge he deserves to be there as the public are on his side. He'll probably get positive comments in that regard

think it would be funnier if Maloney wins because so many hate him..some people actually like rylan believe it or not!!either way the show is a joke..is this the year it finally gets what it deserves..a clown winner!!

think it would be funnier if Maloney wins because so many hate him..some people actually like rylan believe it or not!!either way the show is a joke..is this the year it finally gets what it deserves..a clown winner!!
    I actually think Chris winning would be far better received than Rylan

cgpg5 wrote: »
    I actually think Chris winning would be far better received than Rylan

maybe your right!!

maybe your right!!

The thing is Rylan knows he's not good enough, the public know he's not good enough and he's probably gone too far at this stage.

Chris isn't good enough, but he can sing and is the subject of biased questioning and criticism every week. People are beginning to feel sympathy for him

Winning would be seen as a personal victory against the whole X Factor and its manipulative ways. It would be quite a remarkable story

If the judges really wanted Christopher gone they would universally praise him

"I wasn't a fan before, but I really think you can win this, I'm rooting for you"

No sympathy vote, bottom two, gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Winning would be seen as a personal victory against the whole X Factor and its manipulative ways. It would be quite a remarkable story

I agree. The final straw for me was when those notorious opinionated pop pixies Little Mix were wheeled out to add their squeaks to the X Factor anti-Christopher tirade.

http://www.sugarscape.com/node/790419
    “Poor Gary, clinging on to Ma-phoney," said Jesy to The Sun. "We’re not fans. I don’t really get it and I don’t know who is going to buy his music.

"I guess ‘each to their own’. But I can’t see that he’s going to become a pop star.”

Bandmate Jade also chipped in, adding: "I’ll eat my hat if he goes the whole way.”

Maybe they just really dislike him, but it is so out of touch with their inoffensive image to start criticising X Factor contestants. It just seems like Cowell has ordered everyone involved with the show to join the 'stop Christopher' Bandwagon.

Advertisement