Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-10-2017, 23:07   #1
Ash885

Gaymers?

I remember a while ago someone was asking on the forum if anyone played video games/interested in them at the very least for a group to setup.

Anywho, wondering would their be an interest in a gaymer community and/or group ála what London Gaymers have going (regular enough meetups, games nights, Discord server, PS4/XboX/PC online play etc.)

I myself play a good bit of Overwatch on PS4, League of Legends, Hearthstone. Open to trying new things or at least get the ball rolling on something. Or at least make some new friends (I'm tired of losing on my own)

I tried search, but frankly I think Page 1 of the forum could do with eh...slightly less drama-filled threads light-hearted!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-10-2017, 23:11   #2
baby and crumble

I'd be up for it, even if it's just the occasional online game- I don't really game online but I'd like to. Maybe we could share gamertag on thread?

I'm DapperZo on Xbox Live.

I play mostly Madden, some shooters and random other stuff when they mood takes. Currently working through the original Mass Effect trilogy- couldn't get into Andromeda when it came out, must give it another go though...
04-10-2017, 12:18   #3
dickiepower

I like the sounds of that. Big into the Assassin's creed multiplayer and a bit of Destiny and Minecraft from time to time. 
For those on XBox could setup a boards LGBT club there and those that wanted to could join?
Not sure if the PS4 has something similar?
(2) thanks from:
04-10-2017, 13:50   #4
baby and crumble

I'd be up for a club on Xbox. Can't seem to do it away from my console though, but I'll be back at it at the weekend.
04-10-2017, 18:13   #5
dickiepower

Cool, Clubs are under the community tab of XBox home. I've gone ahead and created a private Boards LGBT (can change it later I hope) club. Search and request add if desired. 
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-10-2017, 18:19   #6
Joeytheparrot

Dublin Gay Geeks who Game is on meetup
http://meetu.ps/c/2HXQn/1QBdh/d

Not sure if it just for gay men though
04-10-2017, 21:23   #7
Ten of Swords

This was the thread I was thinking of, it's depressing to think that it's 2 years old!

I'm a PC gamer, no consoles for me
05-10-2017, 13:24   #8
Ash885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten of Swords View Post
This was the thread I was thinking of, it's depressing to think that it's 2 years old!

I'm a PC gamer, no consoles for me
Ah, that's the one! When I tried searching a lot of threads with 'gaymers' came up from other forums.

Console gaming can be very expensive and time consuming. Not that PC isn't when I think about it; saving for a desktop to do the high end gaming.

I'm PC at times too on the laptop, mainly League and Hearthstone though. And stream a little bit on Twitch.
05-10-2017, 23:21   #9
baby and crumble

I'm quite happy with my setup tbh- got a 2nd hand xbox one for 150 and I have a sub to EA Access and Gold- free games to play with both for less than 100 per year. Good games too, especially in EA; Madden, the ME trilogy, Dragon Age, Titanfall...
Advertisement
06-10-2017, 00:02   #10
Ten of Swords

Ooooooh, I love Dragon Age 2 (even if BioWare has really dropped the ball on games lately). I have an EA Origin account but I use it so rarely because their titles aren't very good for their price tag, but EA do have several exclusive titles.

I haven't played that in ages actually, must fire it up again

Honorable mention for Syndicate (2012) - another Origin title. Damn I love that game, one of my favorite FPS games but it's short. EA considered it a commercial failure
06-10-2017, 13:14   #11
baby and crumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten of Swords View Post
Ooooooh, I love Dragon Age 2 (even if BioWare has really dropped the ball on games lately).
All I want is to be able to play Star Wars KOTOR on my Xbox One. Honestly the best game I've ever played.
08-10-2017, 01:14   #12
PFMC84

Anyone got a WiiU or Switch? Would love some people to play online against in Mario Kart 8.
11-10-2017, 14:57   #13
Smiler1955

World Of Tanks...Boo-Ya!
19-10-2017, 08:43   #14
Doctor Nick

I'd be into something like this. I'm on PS4. Big into horror games, Silent Hill on the PS1 is what got me hooked. Unfortunately there hasn't been a decent horror game in years. I downloaded Amnesia a few weeks ago and played a small bit. I prefer 3rd person view and amnesia is 1st so that's why I haven't gone back. I'm also a fan of the Batman Arkham games. Bloodborne is probably my favourite current generation game.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anything materialises. I'm also going to check out the meet up link Joey posted.
19-10-2017, 20:25   #15
OhChicken
Banned

I'd love to be part of an Irish gaymers community. Xbox boy here. Assassin's Creed fan and a bit of old Just Dance too when the mood gets me.
Great idea. Ta!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Share Tweet