Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-11-2011, 00:00   #31
Dreddybajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO_Bear View Post
Wow they must of Given out very few in the first round, may I ask what your survey was like ?

Heard rumors alot of people with old ****ty comps got an invite to test how it runs on older rigs .... is that true ?? xD if so dam my awesome computer to hell !
i5 2500k and Radeon HD6870 here, so not that ****ty no.

I doubt the survey mattered much, but said I had 500+ hours and games of DotA played, 100 heroes played, 50~ hours of other of those types of games, and answered the item and gold questions as best I could but I could've been way off. Had Lich, Lycan, AM, Pudge, and CM as 5 favourite heroes.
Advertisement
04-11-2011, 09:56   #32
SeantheMan

Didn't get a a key.

Great PC, but answered N/A and 0 to everything
04-11-2011, 09:58   #33
KaG

Still waiting

the 4-5 players that I play hon with all have one but me. **** you Valve
04-11-2011, 20:19   #34
GO_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaG View Post
Still waiting

the 4-5 players that I play hon with all have one but me. **** you Valve
And none of them will give you one ??

Only 900 users on right now 8:00 pm ( One person streaming it told me )

So not that many really

In the blog he posted that they would be giving more out "Every couple of days" so hopefully we all get in
04-11-2011, 20:27   #35
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

well it was like 300 on so it is a lot bigger average now
Advertisement
16-11-2011, 14:28   #36
GO_Bear

I'm in, ( and sorry had my two keys promised to mates )

Its fantastic, graphics are wonderful and the little details are great, there is nothing like killing Mirana with Balanar, too have him say "Mirana, the moon favours me !" or picking up a blink dagger on Magina and him raging " Blink dagger?? what a waste ! "

Still noticeably Beta, MM is quick with the recent waves of invites. But its completely pot luck, either hardcore Dota players who are good, or friends of players / staff who blow so hard.

Still alot left to implement, and ALOT of russians ( those who played some hon know what I mean ) Nothing worse then starting a game

Teammate 1 picks Void, 2 picks axe, 3 picks puck and four picks Riki, so I play crystal maiden to support void or riki.

Riki storms mid with no regen ( doesn't skill cloud till level 12 or so ) Axe with two stout shields and a set of tangos wants to lane with void, leaving me and puck top, we lost ... hard

Have had a few good games though

If anyone else is in and wants to play PM me your steam and I will add you, MM is much moar fun with frunds :I
16-11-2011, 14:31   #37
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

i can actually play when i want and dont bother due to it being bad without friends.
16-11-2011, 14:35   #38
GO_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
i can actually play when i want and dont bother due to it being bad without friends.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998912472/

Is my steam, I normally play after 7/8 in the evenings for an hour or 3 !!

We can get our pudge on
16-11-2011, 14:35   #39
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

will try to get on some day soon maybe today, its a shared acc so it wont always be me on it btw
Advertisement
16-11-2011, 14:36   #40
KaG

I got one there last week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
Indeed, I rarely play if we don't have 5. The amount of dribbling spastics you can get is unreal. It is good but does feel alot slower then HoN. I'd prefer HoN if it was balanced properly but it is very far from it and getting worse with every update.
19-11-2011, 00:20   #41
Stev_o

Got into the beta today Will post my thoughts in the coming days.
19-11-2011, 01:02   #42
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

still no key fml
19-11-2011, 15:10   #43
Stev_o

So yeah after playing a few games with this you can really tell that this game has a LONG way to go before being a finished product. That said I can't see this being anything then a F2P game just don't see what it is offering people that you can't experience already for free.

The UI is my main gripe, it gets in the way a lot of times and imo takes up too much of the screen. The shop interface especially has to be changed cause at the moment it's a ****ing mess if you don't know the items off by heart, probably the worst thing about the game imo.

Gameplay is okay again it's not eluding to something new or different it's the same old Dota gameplay and mechanics so if your expecting something mind blowing then don't look here cause you won't find it.

It's a good game and im enjoying it with friends at the moment but I don't think id ever pay money for it.
20-11-2011, 20:46   #44
Stev_o

On another note Valve better use this spectating tech to their advantage in future releases, it's one of the best features iv ever used.
21-11-2011, 19:24   #45
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

whats so good about it? not given it a try

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size