Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-02-2016, 14:46   #751
token101

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrhead View Post
Only finished the second night of Honor Rising today. Both shows were decent but nothing worth going out of your way to watch. Surprised they put the TV title on Ishii considering ROH weren't even showing the events. Only NJPW were.

Lions Gate debuts tomorrow. Hopefully it's a good show as there is a lot of young potential in Japan today. Will be nice to see so many in the one place.

Takumi Honjo vs. Maybach Taniguchi

Kawato Hirai vs. Hitoshi Kumano

Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kaito Kiyomiya

David Finlay vs. Taiji Ishimori

Jay White vs. Yoshinari Ogawa

Manabu Nakanishi vs. Quiet Storm

Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Genba Hirayanagi and Captain Noah

Juice Robinson vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima

Yuji Nagata vs. Mitsuhiro Kitamiya

Then (well, after the ROH shows) is the New Japan Cup. Bar the tag match, they are all first round matches. Hard to pick a winner considering whoever wins will get their title match in April. Tanahashi is way too soon to challenge for either title at this stage. Goto just lost to Okada, so unless he uses it on Shibata given their recent interactions, he would be out also. Naito I think they will save for Tokyo Dome, leaving Michael Elgin as my pick. If Elgin and Tanahashi both win, they face each other in the second round, likewise for EVIL and Naito.

Thursday 3rd March

Toru Yano vs. Yujiro Takahashi

Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Michael Elgin

Togi Makabe vs. Tama Tonga

Tomoaki Honma vs. Satoshi Kojima

KUSHIDA and Katsuyori Shibata vs. Kazushi Sakuraba and Kazuchika Okada

Yuji Nagata vs. Hirooki Goto

YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tetsuya Naito

Tomohiro Ishii vs. EVIL

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale

It hasn't been announced yet, but with only six shows so I assume they will show all of them on NJPWWorld.
Not a huge NJPW fan, only watched a few clips on YouTube and the likes, but in Tokyo and tempted to head along to this show. Who should I be looking out for? Ive heard Bad Luck Fale is decent?
Advertisement
28-02-2016, 14:52   #752
Angron
Blood for the Blood God!

I'm enjoying Omega's shift into the leader role, he's adapting pretty well I think. I need to get myself a bit more Bullet Club merch while the going is good.
01-03-2016, 16:10   #753
gnfnrhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by token101 View Post
Not a huge NJPW fan, only watched a few clips on YouTube and the likes, but in Tokyo and tempted to head along to this show. Who should I be looking out for? Ive heard Bad Luck Fale is decent?
Fale isn't that great. As said, he's decent but nothing more. He works very well with Tanahashi (as does pretty much everyone) and to a lesser extent Okada. Other than that, he's just kinda there. Unfortunately, The Elite aren't on this show so you'll miss three of the best. Otherwise, Tanahashi, Ishii, Naito and Elgin usually deliver. Tama Tonga has improved a ton over the last year and is moving up the list of people to watch. Three of the four in the tag match are incredibly good. Sakuraba isn't terrible, just old and beaten up. Kojima vs. Honma could be a great match. Yano vs. Yujiro is really the only weak match on the card. Everything else should be at least pretty good so it would be a good show to go to.
03-03-2016, 20:35   #754
gnfnrhead

A lot of really good matches I thought. Ended up having to watch Yano vs. Yujiro again. So used to the countout spot where they make it back in on 19, that I was checking my phone and missed the finish. A good idea to throw it in every now and then to prevent people expecting them to make it back in every single time like I did. Will Ospreay being announced was a nice surprise. Was expecting him to just show up but they seem to be getting behind him straight away.

The big news though has to be the return of the Super J Cup in August. NJPW, CMLL, ROH, Dragon Gate, Kaientai Dojo, Noah, Zero-1 and RDPW are apparently all going to be involved so I would expect an incredibly stacked line-up. Hopefully it becomes a regular fixture going forward.

The second round is tomorrow and has the following matches:

Bad Luck Fale vs. Michael Elgin.
Tama Tonga vs. Hirooki Goto.
Satoshi Kojima vs. Yano Toru.
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tetsuya Naito.

Not hard to pick what should be the stand out there. Tonga vs. Goto should be pretty good too. Don't expect much from the other two.
04-03-2016, 00:07   #755
Palo Alto

Nah Fale Elgin should be great. Calling it now.
Advertisement
04-03-2016, 19:44   #756
gnfnrhead

Tama Tonga is fast becoming one of my favourite wrestlers right now. Guy has improved so much in recent years.

Semi Finals and Finals are both on the 12th. Yano vs. Naito and Goto vs. Elgin. Think Naito's streak of great matches in the New Japan Cup is about to come to an end.
06-03-2016, 14:58   #757
Palo Alto

God Ishii/Naito was so damned good. Really fun. Naito punking out Ishii and posing was amazing.
08-03-2016, 18:17   #758
gnfnrhead

Naito has said if he wins the Cup, he will not challenge for any title! Assuming Naito beats Yano, he will have defeated three CHAOS members in a row. Okada is a member of CHAOS so it would be a nice story to have Okada challenge Naito in pursuit of vengeance. Have Naito blow him off, do whatever in April and May, then have Naito accept the challenge for Dominion in June. Dominion is in Osaka. Naito gets unreal heat in Osaka so him winning the Championship there would be amazing.
Thanks from:
23-03-2016, 10:29   #759
Andersonisgod

This thread needs to be rescued from page 3 purgatory. Anyone catch the finals of the NJ Cup? Naito has been absolutely killing it since his heel turn and him vs Okada is probably the hottest pairing possible right now in New Japan. That match, on top of a pretty solid looking undercard, makes Invasion Attack a must see event.

On Monday there was the big DDT Judgement show from Sumo Hall, it was long, it was bizarre, the big matches delivered and it was a tonne of fun, your typical big DDT show.

Stardom have launched their own streaming service "Stardom World" via YouTube. You get all the most recent events plus translated promos and exclusive content. Slowly they will likely even put up their excellent archive. Stardom is probably the number 1 joshi promotion around and it's well worth checking out via their 14 day free trial.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-03-2016, 18:46   #760
Palo Alto

Looking forward to seeing Osprey v Kushida at start of April too.
02-04-2016, 20:44   #761

Spent ages trying to find a NJPW New Japan World thread to no avail....

They put up Road to Invasion Attack on their website for free.

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00384_1_1
17-04-2016, 17:53   #762
Clegg

I'm sure there's at least a few people here who've seen this match. But for those who haven't, and even for those who have, here's a link to Ishii v Shibata at the G1 Climax in 2013. The night we saw strong style on steroids.

https://vimeo.com/81761258
(2) thanks from:
17-04-2016, 17:58   #763
Andersonisgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
I'm sure there's at least a few people here who've seen this match. But for those who haven't, and even for those who have, here's a link to Ishii v Shibata at the G1 Climax in 2013. The night we saw strong style on steroids.

https://vimeo.com/81761258
Absolutely killer match. Obviously their WK10 bout was longer but I loved the G1 sprint style mixed with the super intensity that these 2 bring. Bell to bell you'd struggle to name many better than Ishii right now.
19-07-2016, 22:22   #764
Andersonisgod

So there's been the BOSJ, a show in Osaka Jo Hall (with a great main event) and a pretty killer opening show for the 26th edition of the G1 Climax and nothing....

How did everyone enjoy Mondays G1 show? Shock results, emotionally stirring performances and a sense after the show that so much of what transpired really will matter down the line.
25-07-2016, 11:07   #765
beakerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersonisgod View Post
So there's been the BOSJ, a show in Osaka Jo Hall (with a great main event) and a pretty killer opening show for the 26th edition of the G1 Climax and nothing....

How did everyone enjoy Mondays G1 show? Shock results, emotionally stirring performances and a sense after the show that so much of what transpired really will matter down the line.
Im waaaaay behind on my New Japan this year, life just getting in the way. Havent seen a sausage of G1 this year, after I did so well following it last year.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion