Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your daily forecasts from Boards.ie weather forum (NO CHAT)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭La Madame

Southwest: Cloudy with Sunny Breaks - late afternoon.

Beer Drinkers support Farmers!

Abolish infamous Minimum Unit Pricing!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

i'm glad to see you're enjoying the settled weather, i just hope there won't be a recurrence of those past floods come Sunday evening:P

Hehe , so you're forecasting the County could be swamped in a tide of emotion come Sunday evening Nacho :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Wednesday, 16 September, 2009

TODAY, cloud will break to hazy sunshine for brief intervals, but a few places mainly in the southeast could see a few periods of light drizzle too, as a rather strong northeast wind just clips Wicklow and Wexford (if you plan any upland climbs today, you might find this wind as strong as 40 mph near summits, but 15-25 mph around sea level). Further north and west, there could also be a few drizzly intervals this morning, but I doubt that many places will get more than a trace of rain, and some could see 4 or 5 hours of sunshine at least. Highs will be similar to yesterday, 15 to 18 C mostly.

TONIGHT, I expect some more clearing as higher pressure builds back in, but this clearing may be patchy, so lows will depend very much on where skies clear, if they do, lows would reach 3-7 C, if not, 8-11 C. Clear skies would also rapidly lead to fog formation.

THURSDAY and FRIDAY should be fairly warm and pleasant days with variable amounts of cloud but of a rather high elevation, mostly alto-cumulus, and some will see more sun than cloud too. Highs should be able to recover back to near 20 C with the additional sunshine, and the lighter winds will make it seem a bit warmer too.

THE WEEKEND is looking similar, as this ridge has nowhere to go, one weak system is circling around to the south, and the jet stream is staying well to the north, so although the ridge is stretching out and weakening, the central part of it continues to run east-west through Ireland until perhaps Monday. This should mean a fairly pleasant weekend too, weak troughs could bring more cloud and a few minutes of light rain but it may stay dry in most places and rainfalls would be 1-2 mms at worst, I think ... until a stronger frontal system arrives on Monday or perhaps Tuesday morning ... then a more variable and windy period will follow ... and later in the week or the following weekend it could turn colder, but several days next week before that may be quite warm.

My weather here on Tuesday was cloudy to start, sunny to finish the day, rather warm again at 23 or 24 C. I just saw the ISS again, and this time I caught it doing its disappearing act -- takes about five seconds for it to lose all the apparent brightness and wink out. This was almost right overhead too. I hope they get a good night's sleep up there. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I just saw the ISS again, and this time I caught it doing its disappearing act -- takes about five seconds for it to lose all the apparent brightness and wink out. This was almost right overhead too. I hope they get a good night's sleep up there. :cool:

The ISS is quite low for a spacecraft , the wink out is because you saw it( I guesstimate) 2.5-3 hours after sunset at your location and the sun had moved too far around the curvature of the earth . Ireland is due a wink out tonight . If you havea clear sky look to the south west and you will see a very bright 'white like venus' object moving in a direction east to south east at around 23:23:50 . Around 2 mins later it will rapidly fade from Bright to invisible just like M.T. said at around 23:25 .

Then go to bed as it is late , OK :)

Forecast update at the usual time, just popped in to see what's up, and to report my own weather for Wednesday, which was mostly cloudy with some light rain at times, a max of about 21 C. Looks like another warm spell building up for us by the weekend.

• Advertisement

Thursday, 17 September, 2009

TODAY will be partly cloudy with longer intervals of hazy sunshine, once any local fog dissipates. In some places this may take until after 10 o'clock. Winds today will be very light, the high that was over Ireland last weekend is back after a leisurely swing around the nearby Atlantic. Now it's heading east very slowly. Highs today should be close to 19 or 20 C except in some northern counties where 17 C might be the maximum.

TONIGHT will see extensive fog developing, and quite chilly overnight lows in most rural areas, 2 to 6 C with some slight risk of ground frost here and there, but in larger urban areas it may stay milder, 8-10 C.

FRIDAY will have widespread morning fog, some hazy sunshine mid-day, and increasing high cloud through the afternoon hours, with highs of 18-20 C.

SATURDAY, some light rain is likely in the northwest mostly, and skies will become cloudy for most of the day even where it stays dry (southeast most likely), any rainfall amounts should be light (1-3 mms) and it will stay reasonably warm at 17 C.

SUNDAY will probably start out rather cloudy, and become sunny around mid-day with highs near 18 C.

MONDAY is likely to be similar to many Mondays before the dry spell, warm (near 20 C) with increasing southwest winds followed by rain at night. Has anyone else noticed this sort of seven-day cycle in the weather this past few months (it was broken this week by the dry spell)? Anyway, the models are now showing a fairly strong low moving past Ireland on TUESDAY bringing strong SW winds, some risk of heavy showers although this system looks a bit "flatter" so it might be mostly cloud and light showers. Temperatures would stay up around 20 C. Through next week, following these windy days another high builds up over Ireland ... the earlier model indications of a cold outbreak have been shifted into "never-never land" and in fact now they want to warm things up considerably in a southeast flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

SUNDAY will probably start out rather cloudy, and become sunny around mid-day with highs near 18 C.

Can we be reasonably confident of a dry, calm day for the All Ireland Final in Croke Park next Sunday then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

eigrod wrote: »
    Can we be reasonably confident of a dry, calm day for the All Ireland Final in Croke Park next Sunday then ?

Dry , for sure , not sure of the calm part around 5pm though :D.

Friday, 18 September, 2009

TODAY will be hazy once any fog dissipates, and sunshine may be obscured by increasing high cloud, but it should remain dry and highs will reach about 17 C or so.

TONIGHT will become overcast and misty with periods of light rain moving across Connacht and some parts of north Munster towards north Leinster and most of Ulster before morning. This rain is likely to be intermittent and will leave 3-4 mms before departing; some southeast counties will stay dry. Lows will be about 8 to 10 C.

SATURDAY will be mostly cloudy but some sunny breaks may develop especially in the south, while the morning rain is likely to taper to drizzle and depart all areas by mid-day. Highs will be about 15 or 16 C.

SUNDAY is looking fairly settled and while there could be considerable cloud, fog or mist in the morning, the sun may appear at times around mid-day to afternoon. Highs will be near 17 C.

MONDAY will become windy from the south, with periods of rain developing especially by late afternoon and evening, heavier in the southwest (20 mms potential there, 10 mms most other regions). Highs will be 18-20 C.

TUESDAY will become partly cloudy later in the morning once the showers depart, and it will be fairly windy from the SW veering more westerly, with highs near 18 C.

Saturday, 19 September, 2009

TODAY, some light rain will continue to move eastward across central and northern districts, giving about 3-5 mms in most locations before some afternoon sunny breaks as winds veer from south ahead of the weak front, to westerly behind it (gusting to 30 mph at times). The south will have even less rain and highs generally should reach 15-17 C.

TONIGHT will become rather misty or foggy as winds become light and skies clear overhead, but low cloud may obscure the sky at times. Lows will be in the range of 6 to 10 C.

SUNDAY will be a rather cloudy day with some sunny intervals, more frequent in the southeast. Some drizzle may continue at times near the west coast and on higher hills but this will probably not give much accumulation of rain. Highs will be 17 or 18 C.

MONDAY will start out dry and perhaps sunny for a while, before cloud increases on strong S to SW winds 25-40 mph, and rain develops by afternoon or evening. Highs will be 18-20 C.

TUESDAY will also be rather warm and windy with the morning rain becoming showery before some clearing develops by afternoon. Winds will veer to SW then WSW about 25-35 mph.

From WEDNESDAY onwards, into the following weekend, another settled, dry period is likely under high pressure, with some rather chilly nights, local fog and patchy ground frost, but the days will be pleasantly mild to warm, with highs generally 15-18 C.

Enjoy the weekend.

Oh yes, my weather ... I think I overlooked Thursday, which was sunny with increasing cloud, 21 C. Then Friday, the cloud gave light morning showers, with clearing before noon, and afternoon sunshine with 23 C as the high. It has now clouded over again with more light rain threatening.

• Advertisement

Sunday, 20 September, 2009

TODAY will be mostly cloudy, with some mist and fog lingering this morning, and there could be some very light rain but mostly in west coastal districts. Some sunshine could break through especially in the east and southeast by mid-day. Highs will reach 16 or 17 C.

TONIGHT will be cloudy with rain gradually spreading into western counties, and winds picking up from the south at 15-25 mph. Lows will vary from about 8 C in the east, to 12 C in the west.

MONDAY will become quite windy and mild with periods of rain, winds SSW 20-40 mph (30-55 mph northwest coast), and highs near 18 C.

TUESDAY will see the rain clearing eastward by about 0900h and this should be followed by some sunshine in strong SW to W winds (25-40 mph), with highs near 19 C east, 17 C west.

WEDNESDAY, another long dry spell appears likely to set in, with clear, cold nights (lows 1-4 C except 6-8 C in sheltered south and west coast locations) featuring some local frost and widespread fog, but mild to locally warm days, with considerable sunshine and highs of 15 to 18 C. This spell could last for a week to ten days. There may be weak troughs with more cloud and the odd sprinkle of rain embedded, but it seems likely that measurable rainfall will be very slight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's actually a beautifully clear sunny morning here.

UPDATE _ Sunday, 10:30 p.m.

Not much change in the model runs, some rain likely for most tomorrow and early Tuesday, but amounts may not be too heavy, will have a rethink on that before the 0530 forecast ... any other thoughts appreciated ... we are enjoying a very nice Sunday here, full sunshine, a few cumulus clouds, and a fresh breeze -- the week ahead looks warm and dry too (here). About 21 C for the high today, expecting 25-27 C by midweek (and over 100 F in parts of the western states inland).

This year to date has featured very warm weather over the far west of North America and parts of Texas, but otherwise rather cool in most other regions. This trend seems to be lifting to more of a coast to coast warmish autumn pattern. The weather certainly has improved for Ireland this month compared to July and August; you'll recall June was quite a good month too, so it has turned out to be a sort of sandwich summer, the bread a lot nicer than the spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

We had quite a big dollop of yucky spread into the bargain.

Monday, 21 September, 2009

TODAY, an equinoctial gale of sorts will have its greatest effects in Connacht with SW winds gusting to about 40 mph, and 5-15 mms of rain. It will be similar by mid-day to afternoon in Ulster. Further south and east, the weather will be cloudy with a few showers, and also a few sunny breaks, with SSW winds about 20-30 mph (30-40 mph in Kerry and parts of Cork). Highs will be around 17 or 18 C.

TONIGHT, the mild, rather humid weather will continue with a little more rain likely, as winds continue to blow steadily from the SW at about 25-45 mph. Lows will only fall to about 12 or 13 C.

TUESDAY, morning showers will probably give way to partly cloudy skies, with just a few isolated showers left over, and winds veering to WSW 25-45 mph. Highs will reach about 19 or 20 C in the east, and stay around 17 C in the west.

WEDNESDAY will continue partly cloudy to overcast in the north, with still a slight risk of light showers, while the south sees a settled trend with more sunshine possible. After a rather chilly morning low of 3-7 C, highs will be in the range of 14-17 C north to south.

THURSDAY onwards, high pressure will be situated close to the south coast and this will bring settled conditions, clear skies at times in the south and central counties, more overcast with drizzle at times further north. This general trend is likely to continue, with chilly nights (2-5 C rural, 7-10 C urban), some patchy ground frost as well as widespread morning fog, but mild to warm mid-day and afternoon highs around 17 C.

This spell is likely to continue with little variation for a week or even two weeks; the high may tend to drift back to the west at times (retrogression) allowing more of a northerly breeze, but would then tend to drift back towards Ireland, possibly a little closer to the north over time.

Watch for updates in today's moderately active weather pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Bright and sunny but very windy here in north tipperary at the moment. Feels pleasant enough in the sun. I hope it continues into October especially Halloween for trigger treating with the kids.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Bright and sunny but very windy here in north tipperary at the moment. Feels pleasant enough in the sun. I hope it continues into October especially Halloween for trigger treating with the kids.

trigger treating......:eek: sounds dangerous! :p

Turned into a lovely afternoon here. 18.8c atm.

Tuesday, 22 September, 2009

TODAY will start out generally cloudy with light rain or drizzle at times, but skies should brighten by mid-day and there could be some sunny intervals by afternoon, although northern counties could continue to see some occasional light showers. Winds will continue rather brisk at SW 20-45 mph. Highs will be in the range of 17 to 19 C with the warmer readings near the east coast.

TONIGHT will continue breezy and partly cloudy, and there still could be some drizzle or light showers in the north, but not much accumulation. Lows will be around 5 to 8 C as skies begin to clear before sunrise. Winds will drop off in the south and east, but may continue WSW 20-30 mph further north.

WEDNESDAY will be partly cloudy with a slight risk of showers, mainly in the west and north, with highs around 16 C.

THURSDAY to SUNDAY (and possibly beyond the weekend) will be dominated by higher pressure over the south with mainly clear skies at night leading to some local frost or fog patches, and mild to warm daytime sunshine although the far north could remain more cloudy. Highs through this period will be around 16 to 18 C and lows will range considerably, 2-5 C in lower lying rural locations, to 8-10 C elsewhere.

NEXT WEEK is also looking settled and may remain dry in some places for several more days, with rather warm temperatures in the daytime (17-19 C possible) but local fog and ground frost possible at night.

Wednesday, 23 September, 2009

TODAY will start out cloudy with some light rain or drizzle at times, but the sun may appear by mid-day. Rainfall is not likely to be more than 1 mm, and winds will be moderately light from the west at 10-20 mph. Highs today will range from about 14 C in the north to 16 C in the south.

TONIGHT will see gradual clearing in most regions but it may stay cloudy in northern counties. This will lead to some fog in central rural districts, and lows will drop off to about 2-6 C in these areas, while staying a little milder 7-10 C in some northern locations.

THURSDAY will be partly sunny in the south, mostly cloudy in the north, and there still could be some drizzly showers in Donegal and parts of nearby counties. Otherwise it should be fine, with highs around 17 C for most.

FRIDAY will be partly cloudy to sunny, with early morning fog patches, lows of about 3-7 C, and mild to warm highs of 16-19 C.

SATURDAY will be partly cloudy also, with somewhat stronger west to northwest winds developing, and a risk of showers by afternoon mainly in northern counties. Highs will be around 18 C.

SUNDAY will be cloudy with sunny intervals and a few morning showers that shouldn't amount to much where they do materialize; highs will once again be around 18 C.

My weather conditions for Tuesday -- sunny and HOT (!) with a high very close to 30 C. The entire western half of North America is basking in late summer heat this week. Skies were clear, not even any cirrus today.

UPDATE _ Thursday, 0010h

By the way, at the risk of appearing a total noob, what do you call the time zone for Ireland, I am going to guess it is not BST but some other designation? Just wondering ... what I call my time zone is Arizona time, because it is about 30 C outside, I just got in from a walk and it is boiling hot in the sun here (Wednesday afternoon at 4 pm here). Actually my time zone is Pacific and we are on daylight savings time also, so it is PDT here.

As you can tell by now, there is no actual update, just these rambling observations. Looks very pleasant for your weather now to about Monday, then a slow decline into autumnal northerlies, at least that's the model suggestion, but we've seen this yanked away before.

GFS, yanked away, good one MTC. Back to what I wasn't doing then ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is GMT . In the summer BST is applied but it reverts to GMT in the winter. BST is considered to be an adjustment off GMT ( nowadays UTC) rather than the other way around even though more of the year is spent in BST than in GMT .

The very West of ireland is naturally 40 mins behind @ 4 mins per degree of longitude but most of Ireland is nearer Greenwich 0 than 15 west degrees west which would warrant a different timezone.

An experiment with perma BST in the early 1970s was abandoned after a year .

Too many crashes in the dark mornings in midwinter.

Thursday, 24 September, 2009

TODAY will continue somewhat cloudy and breezy over northern counties with a few spits of rain at times, but the southern half of the country should start to see more sunshine and lighter winds, once any fog dissipates. Highs will reach about 14 C in the north and 17 C in the south.

TONIGHT expect more widespread fog after skies clear fairly extensively in the evening. It will become quite chilly in most places with lows around 3 to 7 C, although staying closer to 10 C in the cloudier north.

FRIDAY to MONDAY will bring mostly clear skies with some drifting patches of lower cloud or fog (this mostly in the overnight and morning hours), so that there is a good chance of sunshine each day in many places, but also the slight risk of a shower mostly in the northern third of the country. Highs each day will be rather variable due to the different rates of dissipation of fog and low cloud, but sunnier locations should reach 18 C at times, while cloudier or foggier places could stay closer to 15 C. Nights will be generally quite chilly and there may be some readings close to 2 or 3 C in rural spots, but the average should be about 6 C.

NEXT WEEK, there are fewer hints now of any colder northerly outbreaks, and more signs that the settled weather will gradually fade into a cloudy easterly flow that eventually turns to a mild, rainy southeast to southerly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It is GMT . In the summer BST is applied but it reverts to GMT in the winter. BST is considered to be an adjustment off GMT ( nowadays UTC) rather than the other way around even though more of the year is spent in BST than in GMT .

The very West of ireland is naturally 40 mins behind @ 4 mins per degree of longitude but most of Ireland is nearer Greenwich 0 than 15 west degrees west which would warrant a different timezone.

An experiment with perma BST in the early 1970s was abandoned after a year .

Too many crashes in the dark mornings in midwinter.

Apparently there is actually a designation IST (Irish Summer Time):
    http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/ist.html

UPDATE _ Thursday, 2310 IST

I must confess that I have not had time to check the new model runs (there goes my raise) ... but just while I'm here, the local weather for Vancouver has continued sunny although quite a bit fresher today with a sea breeze. Some local stratus developed but not in my location. It is about 21 C outside, the sun is still quite hot but the air feels chilled in comparison to the past two days. It continues record warm further east, for example 32 C in Lethbridge, Alberta.

Back in the morning, your time.

Friday, 25 September, 2009

For the next four days, high pressure will be sitting over southern Ireland, very slowly drifting a bit further to the north and then west, but never far away from Ireland ... so the weather has once again ground to a halt. This is probably fine with most of the population, but weather fanatics are climbing the walls hoping for some action.

TODAY will continue rather cloudy with a gradual trend to more sunshine by afternoon. With very light winds, any lingering fog or cloud is hard to shift, but the weak autumnal sunshine will eventually prevail. Highs will reach about 16 to 18 C.

TONIGHT (and the next several nights) will feature more clear intervals than the previous two nights, so that temperatures should begin to dip well below 10 C in rural areas, and fog should become more prevalent. Any places that stay cloudy from sunset onward will have lows only near 10 C, but other spots mainly in the south could see lows in the range of 3 to 7 C. Fog may become rather thick in some valley locations.

SATURDAY to MONDAY, this settled spell of weather will continue with fairly equal proportions of cloud and clear skies, leading to some sunshine for most places each day, a few locations having more cloud and even some patchy drizzle at times, and highs generally 16 to 19 C. The overnight conditions will continue as per the above, partly cloudy to clear, with fog patches developing.

The settled spell is likely to break down slowly in mid-week with some tendency to an east wind followed by southeast to southerly winds, and low cloud with light rain or drizzle more frequent by about Thursday or so. Eventually the weather should become more active again with an increase in winds by late next week or the following weekend.

Clear and rather cool here at 10:00 pm, about 12 C outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭La Madame

This settled spell seems somehow unusual after all these Freak Summers of the last years.

Beer Drinkers support Farmers!

Abolish infamous Minimum Unit Pricing!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jaykay8989

Hi M.T., just want to add my thanks for all your work. Your forecast is the only one I look at now - so reliable! Keep up the good work - hopefully there'll be some interesting weather for you here over the winter months!

You guys and gals are too kind, but I share your hope that things will get more interesting, because these long periods of anticyclonic torpor reduce my flickering brain activity to a mere fraction of its usual sporadic volume, hence the name I suppose ... not sure what I just said there.

I popped in to make sure a ninety mph hurricane had not sprung up, also to post my own rather boring weather report, sunny and 22 C, this whole week has been just like mid-summer and we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop because by later Saturday, I'm expecting 50 mph wind gusts and squally showers with a sharp cold front. So there is action somewhere.

The jet stream has pushed much further north across North America this month, in phase with the northward movement it displayed over your regions. It must have dropped south somewhere, probably eastern Asia and the western Pacific. That is not in itself a good sign for a cold winter anywhere between here and there, but another rapid change in a month or two, and somebody could get lucky. The El Nino signal is apparently getting stronger too. I will issue my own long-range forecast, when I have one, which I don't yet ... but this will be sure to burst the accuracy perception bubble if nothing else can. The LRF game is very much a case of pin the tail on the donkey, as I prove on a regular basis over in the Boards forecast comp forum, but if you want an accurate LRF, there's one or two lads over there with a good track record, certainly a good deal better than mine. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jaykay8989

Yes I heard about the El Nino signs and that even if we do get El Nino conditions, there are a number of ways they could pan out for us. Will also be interested to hear your LRF and that of the guy from New Zealand everyone is talking about.

Planning to enjoy the current calm spell as a make-up for our non-summer in Jul/Aug. It felt positively balmy in Dublin City this afternoon!

• Advertisement

Saturday, 26 September, 2009

Well, things have really ground to a halt now, and most parts of Ireland should enjoy a pleasant autumn weekend with at least some hazy sunshine each day. This will continue well into next week, and then the models have some confusion (looking at various output at various times recently) as to whether the high breaks down from the north, or the east, or even the south.

In other words, take anything beyond Wednesday with a big grain of salt.

TODAY, SUNDAY and MONDAY should all be about the same, partly cloudy, hazy, with some pleasant sunshine at times in most locations, and highs in the range 17-19 C. Winds will be light all three days, and mainly of local drainage origins, weak sea breezes, valley breezes etc, and not much overall trend except a weak WSW flow in northern counties giving perhaps a little more cloud and the risk of some patchy drizzle at times there.

OVERNIGHT HOURS each of these days should be partly cloudy and there may be a cooling trend because the high is gradually building a bit further north so that the wind gradient will drop off to zero allowing for some more intense cooling than we've seen yet under this patchy cloud. So I will say expect some lows down around 3-7 C eventually, although any place that stays mostly cloudy will probably stay closer to 10 C. Some dense fog is likely to form eventually, more likely by Sunday night and Monday morning.

By TUESDAY the weather could be shifting very gradually to a more cloudy, breezy variety with likely a north to northeast component setting in as the high is pushed back a bit to the west by strong northerly winds over the eastern North Sea. Ireland will feel just the outer edges of that new regime and perhaps not even that, but it will have the effect of getting a bit of moister air from the Irish Sea into the surface mix, and perhaps longer cloudy intervals.

Eventually, this could turn into a moderate northeast breeze and spits of light rain in places, or, it could turn into a low cloud and southeast wind with drizzly rain too. Either way, temperatures would probably be near 15 C.

Sorry to be rather vague, but I don't really place a lot of trust in the guidance at the moment, beyond the breakdown period of this high. We'll see more clearly what is going to happen later next week, by Sunday or so.

Have a wonderful weekend, and good luck to Padraig Harrington at the golf championship. I haven't looked into the weather there, but of course there has been a ton of rain in that area (Georgia) recently. I think I saw some risk of heavy thundershowers indicated for that part of the world on the weekend.

Advertisement