06-01-2006, 11:52   #46

the sign was only put up recently along with the overhead signs for the new terminal,it wasnt painted over,it just wasnt scratched off as they probably realised the mistake.
Advertisement
16-01-2006, 12:14   #47
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
It's not just the French that are being confused by Cork airport and getting them to drive on the wrong side of the road. Now they are trying to do the same trick to the Welsh, but in their own country.

Cerddwyr edrychwch i'r chwith
16-01-2006, 12:46   #48
parsi
Banned

Send a message via MSN to parsi
It shold be pointed out that we are likely dealing with different "theys" in these cases.

I'm sure that them that did that in Cork are different to them that did that in Wales ;-)
17-01-2006, 09:32   #49
beer enigma

Its been changed.............

now correctly reads "gauche"...........
17-01-2006, 19:36   #50
Rippy

Yes it's been changed...by pop rivetting a small sign saying gauche over the offending word.
So it stands as an obviously admended monument to someones inattenion in French lessons.

BTW a Swiss freind of mine works at the Airport Business Park and drives past the sign everyday. Never even noticed to I pointed it out.
Advertisement
27-01-2006, 15:20   #51
Shanannigan

i heard a similar story about a sign in wales tellin ppl not to turn left and in welsh not to turn right, but that was with a sign in welsh, a mistake which you'd think the guy puttin up the sign would spot when he was puttin it up, unless its a really subtle form of Apartheid

sorry dude, just spotted your post about the welsh sign after i posted about it... je m'escuse

Last edited by Shanannigan; 27-01-2006 at 15:23.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion