Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Tracking on mine meant nothing, but it arrived yesterday. Hopefully today for you.

Ah great. Hopefully so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

So Fimi are releasing an X8 Mini it appears!

It's scheduled to be released on April 6th. Very few details so far;

- weighs less than 250 grams
    - maximum flight time of 31 minutes (same as the DJI Mini 2)
    - fast battery charging (with classic USB type C input)
    In addition, the drone has a camera on the Gimbal that is mechanically stabilized on 3 axes and offers 4K and HDR video resolution. Other items are the smart flight features, such as the possibility of the aircraft to perform orbits and panoramas on its own.

There is also the ability for the drone to perform a live stream using the video captured by its camera. The maximum range for transmissions will be 8 km — something that still needs confirmation in Europe. Another novelty is that the FIMI X8 Mini can also be piloted without a remote control, using only one smartphone.

FIMI itself stated that the features of the new drone are very similar to those of the DJI Mini 2. As reported by the Italian website Quadricottero, the Mini X8 will still have additional features compared to the DJI Mini 2, in addition to the live broadcast.
    There is still no information about the price of the FIMI X8 Mini, but the Quadricottero site placed a bet and estimated an amount between €250 and €350 (R$ 1,635.81 and R$ 2,290.13 in direct conversion).

The official announcement is scheduled for April 6, Tuesday, and should also be the start of pre-order. It is also possible that initially there is sales exclusivity for Banggood, as happened with the FIMI A3 and FIMI X8.

fimi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

NUTZZ wrote: »

These specifications are phenomenal at that price! 5/6 years ago I worked for a professional outfit who used oktocopters to lift a "proper" Nikon SLR to do their survey work for powerstation chimneys, ESB powerlines etc.

10 mins flying time, no third-person view (or VR!), constant fine tuning, repair, prop balancing...

Had we been offered this device for €5,000 back then we'd have bitten their hand off.

The day I get offered the vaccine, I think I'll treat myself.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

For anyone thinking of IAA registration, it is going from present €5 to €20 on 1st April.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

For anyone thinking of IAA registration, it is going from present €5 to €20 on 1st April.

Why do we have to do this.. I'm not near and won't be near an airport, I bring it out recreationally on occasion over my own land.. haven't been near anyones else's house and won't be.. so why should I give another reason for the govt to weasel a few quid from me.??? Don't come back with "it's the law" thks..:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Why do we have to do this.. I'm not near and won't be near an airport, I bring it out recreationally on occasion over my own land.. haven't been near anyones else's house and won't be.. so why should I give another reason for the govt to weasel a few quid from me.??? Don't come back with "it's the law" thks..:-)

I agree with you 100%! www.moreWaysToSqueezeMoneyOutOfUs.ie!!

madmoe wrote: »
    I agree with you 100%! www.moreWaysToSqueezeMoneyOutOfUs.ie!!

Who's to say they won't bring an annual sub in in the future and as a drone user and registered you will be liable..

Agreed but i done it. Don't want to face a fine or the b*** ***t for the sake of a fiver. Now tv licence....that's another argument.

Plus I love the drone, I don't use it to its full capabilities but I'll use more when weather and long evenings come and I use the functions in the relative safety of an open field..

Agreed but i done it. Don't want to face a fine or the b*** ***t for the sake of a fiver. Now tv licence....that's another argument.

And don't get me started on dog licence....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Heathrow incident that's the reason.

irishgeo wrote: »
    Heathrow incident that's the reason.

And how does a registered drone stop that incident.. do u really believe anyone that wants to perpetrate violence will register there real name and address... unfortunately it's scaremongering..I'd have no problem registering my drone if no monetary value was put on it for providing nothing.. apologies for deviating from the thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

01-2.jpg .96a4296a-ffb6-4a84-8d61-e098d167d8fe-png.webp

Pre-order now on Banggood for €382 (1000 customers will pay €271/€313)
    Features:
    - 8KM Transmission Range: A newly upgraded TDMA image transmission system ensures stabler transmissions and optimized
    sensitivity.
    - 30mins Flight Time: Small but powerful,with 30mins of battery life, the FIMI X8 Mini lets you create the blockbuster of your dreams.
    - Type C Fast-Charging Battery: The Type C cahrging port on the battery allows for 9V/3A rapid charging.
    - Stabilized 3-Axis Mechanical Gimbal: The FIMI X8 Mini combines a lightweight 3-Axis mechanical gimbal with the latest professional
    control algorithm for a much better accuracy of 0.005°. Excellent performance stable recording.
    - 4K HDR Video: The camera features 4K/30fps video and a highly dynamic range, meaning clearer footage.
    Video are shot in the H.265/HEVC codec,with DNG and F-log format supported.
    - Direct Flight with Your Smartphone: The drone can connect to your mobile phone via Wi-Fi even without the remote controller

Functions: Smart Tracking Modes,One-tap Shots,App Control,Night Shooting,Return Home Mode, GPS Real-Time Tracking,
    Non-fly Zone Protection,Wind Warning, Excessive Power Warning, Low-Battery Alarm Return

01-2.jpg .96a4296a-ffb6-4a84-8d61-e098d167d8fe-png.webp

Pre-order now on Banggood for €382 (1000 customers will pay €271/€313)

No obstacle avoidance unfortunately :-(

Any users got verified replacement props source at fair price that they have successfully used?

I tried a specific $11banggood set and although no visible difference in shape, the drone was vibrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Any users got verified replacement props source at fair price that they have successfully used?

I tried a specific $11banggood set and although no visible difference in shape, the drone was vibrating.
    For which one?

Suckit wrote: »
    For which one?
    Oops. X8 SE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Anyone got a source for replacement batteries for the Fimi A3?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

It's gone to 30 euro! :(

Tazium wrote: »
    It's gone to 30 euro! :(

Well the head lad there got €320k salary last year.
    Doesn't grow on trees y'know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 kingkevlaw

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone had issues where the drone keeps getting "disconnected"

Bought in January but only had a chance to go fly in the last week, but i cant calibrate the drone as it keeps failing to calibrate, and then appears as disconnected

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

A small accident on landing which has lead to a crack on a prop. Safe to fly and anyone recommend gluing the crack to stop it spreading or just get new props?

irishgeo wrote: »
    A small accident on landing which has lead to a crack on a prop. Safe to fly and anyone recommend gluing the crack to stop it spreading or just get new props?

You should have got a couple spare?
    Any imbalance in weight or shape will have a negative effect. Hard to say how much of an effect.

kingkevlaw wrote: »
    Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone had issues where the drone keeps getting "disconnected"

Bought in January but only had a chance to go fly in the last week, but i cant calibrate the drone as it keeps failing to calibrate, and then appears as disconnected

Any help appreciated
    Failed cal first time. After that no issues.
    Have you followed various youtube vids on setup, update and calibrations? You are doing it in open air?
    Watched a vid there with magnetic interference causing cal fail. Also some users have issues with disconnection for unknown reasons.
    Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kingkevlaw

Failed cal first time. After that no issues.
    Have you followed various youtube vids on setup, update and calibrations? You are doing it in open air?
    Watched a vid there with magnetic interference causing cal fail. Also some users have issues with disconnection for unknown reasons.
    Hope you get sorted.

I have only been able to calibrate once, but still havent been able to fly.

Once in the app, I can enter the calibration stage, but the app drops to "disconnected" after each failed calibration every 30 seconds or so, and that same circle happens over and over.

For the one cal I did do, I was unable to fly GPS, despite having 14 satellites

Once in the app, I can enter the calibration stage, but the app drops to "disconnected" after each failed calibration every 30 seconds or so, and that same circle happens over and over.

I reckon it is time to contact seller.
    Don't mind about time past since purchased as all history of non-use should be logged.
    Btw. Only a few weeks in to these, but just fromngoogling, some have had same fault without local resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Have you tried with a different phone just to rule that out?

Have you tried with a different phone just to rule that out?

Also, have you plugged it into a PC and tried to update the firmware that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Advertisement

fimi.jpg

Love his reviews - https://youtu.be/CTREeweZSdw

Seems it has active track! I wonder will\can DJI enable it on the Mini 2 or is it even possible?

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement