Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ARCTIC MC001-N ~ MultiMedia Barebone PC - €114.95 Delivered. [Amazon.de]

1242526272830»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Here too please- mine is having some serious issues at the moment- spare parts would be very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭kandoola

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I bought the barebones MC001 off Amazon de in 2013 and threw in my own ram and HDD.

Thing now keeps powering down itself around 20 seconds after being powered on. Have had enough of it to be honest!

So it's going in the electronic recycling unless one of ye want it for parts?

It's boxed, main unit plus remote control and the antenna still in it's bag.

Am based in NCD and Dublin city centre during the day.

Cheers
    Quad

Why dont you ask someone handy to have a look at it for you.
    I had the exact same issue with a pc i had and my nephew called over and had it fixed in 10 minutes flat.
    Cant remember what he said the problem was but its been running ever since and thats about 6 months ago.

To be honest- it sounds like it could be either the powersupply- or an overheating problem. I'd be checking the PSU first..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thanks guys.

It's probably relatively easily fixable. But to be honest I'm looking for an easier solution and one that the Mrs will be comfortable with.

Could've messed with it and tried to sell it but kinda thought it'd be better karma to pass it on to the great and the good on boards as is!

Sugarman called first dibs on it but if he changes his mind it's all yours conductor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

These are on amazon.de again for €99 with tuner and dvd, i've had mine since this thread opened and haven't had any issues with it :) been using it pretty much on a daily basis works great wit saorview running the dedicated atctic version of openelec. BTW has anyone upgraded it to the generic version on openelec?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Dotts wrote: »
    These are on amazon.de again for €99 with tuner and dvd, i've had mine since this thread opened and haven't had any issues with it :) works great wit saorview running the dedicated atctic version of openelec.

Is this the link?
    http://www.amazon.de/ARCTIC-MC001-E-Media-Center-Barebone/dp/B005DL6V8G/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

Ya thats the link, didn't realize they were refurbished but still i'd buy one if i had the cash spare alright, ive splashed out on a projector and screen in the last few weeks so pretty stink atm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Price is still good.
    Install whatever you want on it, and the official remote is only €12.
    Yeah, as long as they're still in stock, I'll be ordering another in the morning :)

The hardware isn't as good anymore, but it still plays well..

I'm already having second thoughts. But the price is good... AAaaaaaa

Had to smile when I saw they'd forgotten the dot or comma- and have these down as 18GHz machines........ Then again- they're Germans- no-one is going to throw a hissy fit over it..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

been using my arctic for 3 years now and its still going perfect dual boot with windows and openelec....I use the primewire and genesis add ons but they are getting a bit tedious with the amount of unasable sources and unavailable sources....

be nice to have android on this box too for the apps that cant be mentioned....and Netflix of course...the only thing missing (!)

EDIT: apparently they can run Android X86
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=155073&page=39

• Advertisement
Advertisement