Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WiFi in Portarlington

• 03-04-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone

Will be doing some work in Portarlington tomorrow and I was wondering if there are any accommodating restaurants, pubs, hotels etc with WiFi which would let me set up with my laptop and work away for some of the day.

Obviously I will buy tea/coffee/sandwich etc in this place to say return the favour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

The Anvil on Main st is prob your best bet as they are open all day. A lot of pubs aren't or don't have wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

You'd be better to drive to Portlaoise..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Thanks for the replies, what time does the Anvil open? I was hoping for a hotel but from a search online there doesn't seem to be any in Portarlington, might have to take a trip to Portlaoise/Tullamore....

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks for the replies, what time does the Anvil open? I was hoping for a hotel but from a search online there doesn't seem to be any in Portarlington, might have to take a trip to Portlaoise/Tullamore....

the anvil opens around 12 ish... its open for the lunchtime crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Junction 14 in Monasterevin might be a good option or the Heritage in Killanard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Don't forget Eircom wifihub if you have access to it. http://www.eircom.net/wifihub/coverage-map/

And the local library. You should be able to get guest access?

Advertisement