Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Snooooow!

Take pictures tomorrow if it sticks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Take pictures tomorrow if it sticks. :)

I think it's just going to freeze over it :eek:

I think it's just going to freeze over it :eek:

Film some fella slipping on it then.
    Your footage could be on the news.:D

Film some fella slipping on it then.
    Your footage could be on the news.:D

I'd probably end up on my arse meself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭davidk1394

1°C and snowing/sleet/ rain here. The comeragh mountains and slievenamon are pure white.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Slushy rain here and cold.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    1°C and snowing/sleet/ rain here. The comeragh mountains and slievenamon are pure white.

What breed are the black sheep?
    Zwartable X Suffolk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭davidk1394

What breed are the black sheep?
    Zwartable X Suffolk?

That's it. Ewe lambs out with a beltex ram

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

A lot of last nights frost didn't thaw here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Freezing fog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,056 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Very cold all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    Very cold all day.

I was at a match in Mallow today and we were frozen leaving. I only warmed up at the end of making with 2 socks and hats and a jacket extra on.

Mild enough here now though.

I was at a match in Mallow today and we were frozen leaving. I only warmed up at the end of making with 2 socks and hats and a jacket extra on.

Mild enough here now though.
    ye at football this morning, I now go prepared, hat, hoodie,jacket and gloves. Young lad poured a bottle of water over his head at half time to cool himself down :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

ye at football this morning, I now go prepared, hat, hoodie,jacket and gloves. Young lad poured a bottle of water over his head at half time to cool himself down :eek:

He wasn't idle on the pitch so. I hate watching games, I get very frustrated watching especially if it's cold. Fair play to those who can though.

He wasn't idle on the pitch so. I hate watching games, I get very frustrated watching especially if it's cold. Fair play to those who can though.
    He's a very good player- maybe I am biased- watch this space in a few years. Football mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

He's a very good player- maybe I am biased- watch this space in a few years. Football mad.

Send him down south for awhile and we'll tell you if he's good or not. He can do the power hosing between training sessions.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Send him down south for awhile and we'll tell you if he's good or not. He can do the power hosing between training sessions.
    The games he plays are 4 quarters , goes in goals for 2 of the quarters, he isnt afraid to get dirty so will dive for the ball, one of the other lads who was in goals was crying today as he got muck on his shorts. Ah it's great for them he will be ready to go to a game about 4 hours before we have to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

The games he plays are 4 quarters , goes in goals for 2 of the quarters, he isnt afraid to get dirty so will dive for the ball, one of the other lads who was in goals was crying today as he got muck on his shorts. Ah it's great for them he will be ready to go to a game about 4 hours before we have to go.

That's great to hear!

Did anyone see the second or third page of the Irish Times today, photo of someone saving 40 round bales of hay in Meath last week and below it a photo of fields covered in snow/frost? Some change in a week. As me dad said, they'd need their back teeth to ate that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Odelay wrote: »
    That's great to hear!

Did anyone see the second or third page of the Irish Times today, photo of someone saving 40 round bales of hay in Meath last week and below it a photo of fields covered in snow/frost? Some change in a week. As me dad said, they'd need their back teeth to ate that!

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/make-hay-while-it-s-winter-time-at-least-in-co-meath-1.2874035

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,121 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Lovely day here. Just back in from a wander about the wild bird cover and its full of dickie birds.
    I would like a camera with a good lens to take pics and try and identify them. What money would ye have to part with for a suitable camera. I wouldn't mind if it was second hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Base price wrote: »
    Lovely day here. Just back in from a wander about the wild bird cover and its full of dickie birds.
    I would like a camera with a good lens to take pics and try and identify them. What money would ye have to part with for a suitable camera. I wouldn't mind if it was second hand.

How long is a piece of string get yourself to a photography class (easier said than done )it will help you no end,rather than buying something that will put you off using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

I said wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string get yourself to a photography class (easier said than done )it will help you no end,rather than buying something that will put you off using it.

+1

I got a good camera as a present a few years ago. But I don't know to use it, so tis a bit of a waste... I only point and click with it really...

Have a look in the bird watching section at some of the pictures.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=406

Then there's also the photography section of boards.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Then there's also the dogging section of boards.
    Seems to have gone missing.:confused:

Ah no seriously. There's some good forums on boards, that you should be able to get good advice. The pictures in the bird watching section are unbelieveable.
    I've a little pocket Nikon Coolpix 16 Megapixels with a wide 20x zoom that I just use for fooling around for. I'm even still learning as I go along about all the different functions on the camera.

I said wrote: »
    When I was younger I had a good Canon (slr) with a 35mm and zoom lens. I used to take a lot of quality pics of show cattle and horses - mostly my own. Unfortunately its obsolete unless I want to start buying rolls of film which apparently are now quite expensive to buy and get developed.
    I would have reasonable knowledge of shutter speed, lighting etc

Have a look in the bird watching section at some of the pictures.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=406

Then there's also the photography section of boards.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Then there's also the dogging section of boards.
    Seems to have gone missing.:confused:

Ah no seriously. There's some good forums on boards, that you should be able to get good advice. The pictures in the bird watching section are unbelieveable.
    I've a little pocket Nikon Coolpix 16 Megapixels with a wide 20x zoom that I just use for fooling around for. I'm even still learning as I go along about all the different functions on the camera.
    The Nature and Bird Watching forum is one that I follow. Super pics of our wildlife.

When I was younger I had a good Canon (slr) with a 35mm and zoom lens. I used to take a lot of quality pics of show cattle and horses - mostly my own. Unfortunately its obsolete unless I want to start buying rolls of film which apparently are now quite expensive to buy and get developed.
    I would have reasonable knowledge of shutter speed, lighting etc

I've a Nikon D40 here going unused since I got a Sony? Was going to stick it on DoneDeal but if you're interested give me a shout. They're a fairly basic SLR model though.

Batten down the hatches timmaay. It's going to be a rough one.
    They're giving very wet and windy/stormy conditions tomorrow and into Tuesday morning for Wexford, Wicklow, Dublin and maybe Meath.

From Met Eireann. Looks intense enough on other charts.
    STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Dublin, Louth, Wexford, Wicklow and Meath
    Very strong north to northeast winds developing on Monday afternoon and continuing until Tuesday morning. Winds will reach speeds of 55 to 65 km/h in coastal regions with gusts between 90 and 110 km/h. Storm force winds are likely offshore.
    Issued:
    Sunday 20 November 2016 15:00
    Valid:
    Monday 21 November 2016 12:00 to Tuesday 22 November 2016 12:00
    It says on this from M.E from 12 tomorrow but on countryfile it's giving the rain from around 10 or 11 a.m and wind then as well.

Very cold. Roads are lethal. 2 accidents locally on the motorway at the moment, take care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Well dirty morning here. Cows in at the minute, hopefully get them back out for afew hrs the afternoon.

Advertisement