Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

• 07-09-2014 4:10pm
    Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

The original Livestock/General Farming photo thread has reached the end of the line (10,000 posts).

Welcome to the all new Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2!

RULES

The rules are very few - mostly to do with security and privacy. Basically, no posting of identifying information (names, postal addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses etc.) or photos containing identifying information (car registration numbers, signposts etc.) that can be used to identify your or another person's location or identity. Common sense really. If you have uploaded a photo and want it deleted, please drop one of the mods a PM and we'll be happy to do so. For more information on this, please read this section of the forum charter.

Don't quote other posters photos. It has an effect on loading times for the threads, bandwidth, and makes the thread more difficult to read.

Finally, if you are trying to post photos up here form your phone, here is a handy guide on how to do so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Heads down autumn grazing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

What it's all about :)

6knMLA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Worse than any crow!!!! :D

Muckit wrote: »
    Worse than any crow!!!! :D

Ah now, I insisted she took the stilettos off and put on the wellies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

just do it wrote: »
    Ah now, I insisted she took the stilettos off and put on the wellies :D

Bit young for them ain't she

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Bit young for them ain't she

She appreciates their use as a missile ;)

Watch out Reggie, you're time is coming :D

She appreciates their use as a missile ;)

Watch out Reggie, you're time is coming :D

Hey hey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Few of this years heifers enjoying the early sunshine.

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/eamonn50/media/70CA9E1C-D5C6-4AA6-ABBE-211D1DAB4362_zpsjhwtubwr.jpg.html

(First attempt at using photofuket)

Greysides: I'll give you a hand:

70CA9E1C-D5C6-4AA6-ABBE-211D1DAB4362_zpsjhwtubwr.jpg

Just copy and paste the 'IMG' link from Photobucket directly into the post. Although I did it on a computer.

Antrim Glens

Nearly there and well worth the effort. When you get this screen select IMG and then it will automatically display; )

Screenshot_2014-09-10-19-24-16_zps8xcew70l.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Plenty of lads at it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Phew. Just a tractor and trailer.

Muckit wrote: »
    Phew. Just a tractor and trailer.

Same as that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

And it starts all over again.......

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Dawggone wrote: »

T7750? Very nice.

Dawggone wrote: »

No stones there

How things change :rolleyes:

5VDqgv.jpg

5VDqgv.jpg

The good auld days

Feck thought tomorrow was Saturday 😳

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

If you drink another one you might wake up on Saturday....

No wonder you thought it was :D

• Advertisement

No wonder you thought it was :D

Have spraying to do in the morn before work so if bad kill I'll blame diageo or their associates. #4dayweek?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

5VDqgv.jpg

Note the carcase weight with teagasc, and what Paul Nolan says in the first article,
    Yet farmers say they weren't warned and heavily criticises both the journal and teagasc.
    That article would exonerate them completely.
    Padraig Browne (DUNBIA) was saying the same as Nolan for the last two years

rangler1 wrote: »
    Note the carcase weight with teagasc, and what Paul Nolan says in the first article,
    Yet farmers say they weren't warned and heavily criticises both the journal and teagasc.
    That article would exonerate them completely.
    Padraig Browne (DUNBIA) was saying the same as Nolan for the last two years

There's conflicting info on that page. Sure enough what you say is in the detail but the bottom headline has 18 months in big and bold letters. Not only has 16m become the cut - off, there is now talk of 15m.

There's conflicting info on that page. Sure enough what you say is in the detail but the bottom headline has 18 months in big and bold letters. Not only has 16m become the cut - off, there is now talk of 15m.

Kepak is doing trials on 14months. Paul Nolan said it very plain there though, that the market was reducing

It'll be 12 months next :rolleyes:

rangler1 wrote: »
    Kepak is doing trials on 14months. Paul Nolan said it very plain there though, that the market was reducing

In the very last paragraph of the side article. I agree the factories signalled this having heard it first hand at an event in Ennis 2-3 years ago. However I don't think the journal exactly roared it from the rooftops. A scan of this page screams out 18mo leaves more money in your pocket. Market size always got a mention, but it was always as an aside and never headline material.

In the very last paragraph of the side article. I agree the factories signalled this having heard it first hand at an event in Ennis 2-3 years ago. However I don't think the journal exactly roared it from the rooftops. A scan of this page screams out 18mo leaves more money in your pocket. Market size always got a mention, but it was always as an aside and never headline material.

Someone here said they got away 500kg carcase bulls lately and it reminded me of saying in a meeting what dunbia and kepak told us about the marketing problem for heavy bulls....there would always be someone in the audience that would say ''I sold 500kg bulls last week''

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

If I'd taken this myself I'd post it i the competition thread, but I didn't..

This guy catches some stunning shots from his camera & kite set up.. I keep a keen eye on his stuff... this one pop'd up today so I thought ye guys would appreciate it..

Just a stunning location to be farming in !!

14%2B-%2B1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Took this last week.....he ploughed through the rushes to ask for a scratch.
    c1ewjDAh.png?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Took this last week.....he ploughed through the rushes to ask for a scratch.
    c1ewjDAh.png?1

super calf there !! what's his breeding ?

Advertisement