Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Casefile

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Glasso can you spolier that for others who haven’t listened yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

New one is mad. Very sad story, I remember hearing about it a few years ago. Great work by the Casefile team.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I agree with everyone, this weeks episode was a huge improvement on the last few weeks. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

That was gripping. The poor family. Can’t fathom how the location wasn’t searched properly in the first place. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Next week's pod is horrific. Only 67 minutes long but is about a worldwide paedophile ring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Thanks for the heads up will skip that. I’m still not right after the story of Riu Pedro on the Madeline McCann show on Netflix. :(

pc7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up will skip that. I’m still not right after the story of Riu Pedro on the Madeline McCann show on Netflix. :(

doesn't go into any disturbing detail thankfully - more about how they coordinated the operation on the online media distribution and the people caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I found it very interesting. It was like a shorter version of the Silk Road episodes. Well worth a listen.

Ok cheers might try it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭griffin100

Jesus this weeks episode was a tough listen. Covered online child abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

I thought the worst thing was if that was what they were at in the mid nineties.... What are they at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

This weeks episode a strange one to cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Reason #209364 why Piers Morgan is a prick

The strip soccer gig she did for YouTube horrified me. Really thought those days were gone. I know she did it to "raise her profile " but it's awful. My world weary eyes were certainly opened to the world of influencers, etc.

I know piers is a bastard but there was a lot of unanswered questions re:this case,

I know piers is a bastard but there was a lot of unanswered questions re:this case,

There are?

Dots1982 wrote: »
    There are?

There were intially, yes. Her kidnapper claimed it was a hoax and chloe refused to deny his claims as her publicist advised her to hold off commenting as he was organising an exclusive interview.

There were intially, yes. Her kidnapper claimed it was a hoax and chloe refused to deny his claims as her publicist advised her to hold off commenting as he was organising an exclusive interview.
    Sorry my mistake, I read it as there “are” still unanswered questions

Sorry my mistake, I read it as there “are” still unanswered questions

No worries :pac: I didn't realise it was the same case until half way through podcast. I remember she was on dr phil too !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Reason #209364 why Piers Morgan is a prick

I watched the Piers Morgan interview, how the hell that horrible piece of shít keeps getting jobs on TV is beyond me. I thought she handled it quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

found this week's one weird, a glamour model getting kidnapped. strange one. I feel like they are running out of stories to cover.

• Advertisement

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    found this week's one weird, a glamour model getting kidnapped. strange one. I feel like they are running out of stories to cover.

wasn't the worst one I thought. there have been far more dull and boring ones done this year.

had heard of the case but was unsure until the end as to whether the girl was in on it or not so it had a bit of suspense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

glasso wrote: »
    wasn't the worst one I thought. there have been far more dull and boring ones done this year.

had heard of the case but was unsure until the end as to whether the girl was in on it or not so it had a bit of suspense.

I liked it too. I hadn't heard of it, and episodes with a bit of suspense are obviously always interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Case 118 The Chicago Tylenol Murders
    I didn't know much about the case before listening to the episode, but I had always presumed that the person responsible was caught. So the ending was a bit of a shock to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Case 118 The Chicago Tylenol Murders
    I didn't know much about the case before listening to the episode, but I had always presumed that the person responsible was caught. So the ending was a bit of a shock to me

Unsolved Murders podcast did a good two parter on it. Much more detail than the casefile one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Any of the recent ones worth a listen ?

Yeah I don't usually listen to kiddy ones, but listened last week. It was well done, I'd never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I thought Case 121: The Freeway Phantom was good

Freeway Phantom was good. Bill McGuire was also an interesting one.

This weeks is horrific :eek:

• Advertisement

This weeks is horrific :eek:

The Mark Kilroy one? First one I couldn't finish. Horrendous!:eek:

Advertisement