Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fathers day

Options
  • 16-06-2019 8:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭

How is it fathers day doesn't have the same gravitas as mothers day. Women have it easy, sitting round the house all day, us men folk have to work twice as hard but don't get the same recognition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

judeboy101 wrote: »
    How is it fathers day doesn't have the same gravitas as mothers day. Women have it easy, sitting round the house all day, us men folk have to work twice as hard but don't get the same recognition.

Keep up that thinking and you'll never experience fathers day..

Welcome to 2019 and congrats on the time travel from 1950.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The day you pop out a sprog out of your moot and have it suckle on your titties for months. Then you too will have the recognition you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

The real unsung heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

If your kids are celebrating their mother more than you...you probably need to look in the mirror before blaming society.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

If your kids are celebrating their mother more than you...you probably need to look in the mirror before blaming society.

Society have placed women on this pedestal, when the reality is they are increasingly opting for easy c sections , couldn't be arsed making bottles, taking way too much time off thus causing chaos for the civil and public service. It's no wonder the HSE is the way it is with the amount of maternity, parental leaves going on. God bless the marriage ban when it was in place.

Society have placed women on this pedestal, when the reality is they are increasingly opting for easy c sections , couldn't be arsed making bottles, taking way too much time off thus causing chaos for the civil and public service. It's no wonder the HSE is the way it is with the amount of maternity, parental leaves going on. God bless the marriage ban when it was in place.

1/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,315 ✭✭✭✭8-10

couldn't be arsed making bottles,

Breastfeeding rates are increasing. Don't see the men helping much with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Jokes and windups aside, I ignore all these Hallmark Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Your post screams I need attention and at the same time screams moronic.
    Father's and mother's should be treated equally.
    Mothers have a much tougher task at hand and the fathers unfortunately are sort of left behind.
    We get nearly no time off to help, our rights in case of a divorce are far lower and in general we are in charge of comforting the mother and the new born.
    I couldn't give less than a **** of fathers day and if my kids want to wish me then that's nice but don't go around thinking it's all a piece of piss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's funny how all this troll posts still offer the insight into op's frustrations.

It’s a load of sheite. Mothers and Fathers day. If your parents don’t know always that you love them and appreciate what they’ve done for you over the years, they only have themselves to blame for raising an ungrateful little get. And if they do, these days should be seen for what they are, a way to get people to spend more. Only fools buy in to it.

JayZeus wrote: »
    It’s a load of sheite. Mothers and Fathers day. If your parents don’t know always that you love them and appreciate what they’ve done for you over the years, they only have themselves to blame for raising an ungrateful little get. And if they do, these days should be seen for what they are, a way to get people to spend more. Only fools buy in to it.

Agree with that, throw Valentine's Day in there too

Holidays for people who don't make the effort any other day of the year and need a reminder

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I was talking to a guy whose parents divorced when he was young and he decided never to see his dad again. He explained his dad went very odd and had a lot of issues with women and started posting men's rights stuff on social media.

My mate said he was embarrassed by his dad. And he found him aggressive to be around and kind of bitter and intimidating.

His mom was always telling him to spend more time with him even though his Dad was saying horrible things about her and about other women in general.

My mate said he saw his dad be abusive to his mother. His dad denies it and said his mother manipulated him.

My mate thinks his mother is an angel and it was him as a kid that encouraged her to leave his father. I am not sure that is entirely the truth.

His mom always said though 'Your dad won't be here forever you will regret it if he dies and you never make up ...even if you think he is a prick he is your dad'.

And then he did die ...and my mate DID regret it. He still thinks his dad was a prick though. Its just he was HIS prick.

LUCKILY MY DAD IS A GENTLE GENEROUS SOUL. AND I AM VERY LUCKY.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

If your mom is the uber feminist i bet you just wish she would be your mom. Same as if your dad is the uber mens rights activist i bet you wish he would just shut up and be your dad.

And then he did die ...and my mate DID regret it. He still thinks his dad was a prick though. Its just he was HIS prick.

You might want to suggest that to Hallmark for next year's cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm a father.

I really couldn't give a toss about Father's Day. It's just some Hallmark ****e designed to make money

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

The kids made mothers day cards in school for me. They were really sweet and I still have them. Funnily enough they didn't make fathers day cards though.

I had bought one for my husband anyhow, but as it turns out, the kids twigged the difference already and made cards yesterday at home in secret. I thought that was nice. :)

I want my Daddy to have a lovely father's day. I have his present ready beside me and i am waiting for him to wake up! :)

Funnily enough they didn't make fathers day cards though.

Likely some kid in class didn't have a dad in their life. Schools are very sensitive to that.

Likely some kid in class didn't have a dad in their life. Schools are very sensitive to that.

That is so sad. :(

• Advertisement

If your mom is the uber feminist i bet you just wish she would be your mom. Same as if your dad is the uber mens rights activist i bet you wish he would just shut up and be your dad.

tumblr_nirg728i9T1r1mpi1o1_500.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

My kids can’t find me ....thankfully

I use Fathers day as a reminder to be extra vigilant .

Only kidding .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm a father.

I really couldn't give a toss about Father's Day. It's just some Hallmark ****e designed to make money

Same as. My family have adhered to my wish. No cards. No presents or any other BS. Call around to the house for lunch and a chat.....no problem.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Yeah, maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

2pzwkzm.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

More Work for Dad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Still made mothers day cards in classes that had kids with deceased mother's.
    I'd say the lack of Fr's day cards has more to do with Primary schools winding down for the summer and being on a literal doss for the last 2 weeks of term ;)

Than any inherent sympathy or sensitivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

I was talking to a guy whose parents divorced when he was young and he decided never to see his dad again. He explained his dad went very odd and had a lot of issues with women and started posting men's rights stuff on social media.

My mate said he was embarrassed by his dad. And he found him aggressive to be around and kind of bitter and intimidating.

His mom was always telling him to spend more time with him even though his Dad was saying horrible things about her and about other women in general.

My mate said he saw his dad be abusive to his mother. His dad denies it and said his mother manipulated him.

My mate thinks his mother is an angel and it was him as a kid that encouraged her to leave his father. I am not sure that is entirely the truth.

His mom always said though 'Your dad won't be here forever you will regret it if he dies and you never make up ...even if you think he is a prick he is your dad'.

LUCKILY MY DAD IS A GENTLE GENEROUS SOUL. AND I AM VERY LUCKY.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

WHAT THE F*CK IS THAT SHIT ???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

When was the last time you had a C-Section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

As a father, couldn't care less about such crap. Meaningless crap. I don't need it. Certainly don't need my wife spending twenty quid buying cliched Hallmark cards on their behalf.

Having said that it was nice to get handmade cards home from the kids' schools. But I like when they come home with handmade stuff every day of the year.

If as a parent you're waiting about for empty annual Hallmark sentiments as evidence that your kids appreciate you then you've probably not worked hard enough to create a real relationship with them

Advertisement