Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cull ewes

• 15-05-2019 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭

Lads, any idea what cull ewes are making in the Mart these days? Time to clear them out...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

arctictree wrote: »
    Lads, any idea what cull ewes are making in the Mart these days? Time to clear them out...

IFA text on Monday said 2.80-3.00 for ewes in the factory so work from there - 70kg ewe, killing out at 30kg = 85-90 euro

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I’d normally bring them to the factory, but brought some culls to mart last week and got paid well for them. The bidders were very anxious for them. Unfortunately, same day I had some hoggets, but they got on worse then factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Got €121 for 80kg culls two weeks ago, top price was €140 for big Suffolk's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Ya, I was watching the weights as mine entered the ring and they seem to be bidding well fleshed culls to a 50% k.o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,603 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Decent enough that - got 2 sectioned ewes that need moving here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

On Tullow mart website, culls topped at €160 this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭orm0nd

On Tullow mart website, culls topped at €160 this week

Saw them. Think they were 111 kg suffolks.

Advertisement