Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Sound Crowd

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Nice one! Just did that, worked a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

francois wrote: »
    I'll tell you a funny story-I was supporting them and Nikoli in the Tivoli-"Nikoli" was actually Timmy's cousin who was pretending to be German, he couldn't play keyboards and the whole Nikoli set was DAT tapes of mixes of ready to flow.
    At the end of the night, the promoter, who shall remain nameless, but was and is a major irish promoter was doling out the cash. Mark said that Nikoli wasnt happy with his fee as the night was rammed so the promoter threw in a load of extra cash that we divvied up between us!:D

one of the funniest things I've read on Boards in years, congrats Francois enjoy the wedding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mediabarron

I was actully signed to their label....Red Records. Nice guys but I was really f:::ked around because of personal issues between the guys. Timmy is a fantastic producer. Their music was great and a pity things fell apart.

-Sean (Empire State Human....aka Pulsar)
    http://www.myspace.com/empirestatehumanmusic

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Ddisco wrote: »
    That would be "6th Season"

Im my opinion Their best track was "Think about it " - Unbeliveable track - would give my left arm for the original pressing on vinyl.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vi4bAbKOyNc

Fair play to that Dunlaoire fella - has uploaded some quality old Skool to youtube over the years.

6th Season
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tdte09dffyt

Sound Crowd - 'Live @ The Ormonde Dublin April 30 1994'
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mxtm2mnmgdn
    6th Season was only fresh out when they played The Ormond.

Think About It Please
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1sdjcuyxljx

I absolutley love this track to bits. Think About It Please. Its deffo in the running for my fav Sound Crowd track. Oh yeah that Dunlaoire fella is a legend, respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

I'll tell you a funny story-I was supporting them and Nikoli in the Tivoli-"Nikoli" was actually Timmy's cousin who was pretending to be German, he couldn't play keyboards and the whole Nikoli set was DAT tapes of mixes of ready to flow.
    At the end of the night, the promoter, who shall remain nameless, but was and is a major irish promoter was doling out the cash. Mark said that Nikoli wasnt happy with his fee as the night was rammed so the promoter threw in a load of extra cash that we divvied up between us!:D

i remember timmy's cousins, i think he was actually from somewhere in sweden, was at a gig years ago, and his cousin was jumping around the stage like a lunatic, to look to the future & are you ready to flow :D
    ye wouldn't get away with it these days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Not from that night, but I do have the Front page of the Evening Herald "16 tenns Held In Ecstasy Swoop"
    and "The night the music died" There was a reporter in the place who the cops must have tipped off...
    I'll look around for some old stuff when I get back from my honemoon-getting married on friday!

Garda cun*s i was one of the 16 arrested that nite, i just double dropped when the raid started i thought i was hallucinating, cun*s knew full well i was mad outta it when i was down the station and gave me a terrible time:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I have "Think About It Please" on white label from Abbey Discs. Also have the limited edition "**** the Police" release with Tallaght and Ballybrack on it.

Would anyone know if these are worth a few quid or worth putting up on htfr.com? Clearing out the house, kids are not too fond of my music collection! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭francois

jonny68 wrote: »
    Garda cun*s i was one of the 16 arrested that nite, i just double dropped when the raid started i thought i was hallucinating, cun*s knew full well i was mad outta it when i was down the station and gave me a terrible time:mad:

here's that paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

here's that paper

Terrible nite it was :(,14 years ago now jaysus, you have to laugh "killer drug ecstasy" do me a bleedin favour :rolleyes:, even to this day they stil haven't a clue over here as regards yokes,etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

My two cents,drugs are bad,and are a blight on working class communities and the world would probably be better place without them,but the media sh*te about 'killer' ecstasy is just stupid and sensationalist,ecstasy is bad for you,do too much and your in trouble,but if you drink too much areant you in trouble?,or if you take too many painkillers?just media needs to sell papers,ecstasy is a great scapegoat because its illegal and taken by young people,who nowadays are satan apparently

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Derekd

have all of their tunes on mp3 bar sound of the crowd and come together does anybody have these on mp3 cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

Selling Some Sound Crowd Vinyl over on Adverts.ie - Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭dasdog

They supported The Orb in the point years ago. Lots of people not knowing what the hell was going on until Mark Kavanagh came on after them and it was normal service resumed for some people after an hour and a half of Orb strangeness. Happy days. I remember one of the Sound Crowd lads (chain smoker?) going on a few years later about getting in to the music scene saying it was full of sh1tbags, junkies and sex fiends.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

I'll be putting it up on the Asylum/Oldskool Thread on boards.ie later this Sunday .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=268391&page=419

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Digging up an old thread here, so apologies - but does anybody know where I can source a physical copy of this?

Soundcrowd - The Singles 1995 to 1995" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

dasdog wrote: »
    They supported The Orb in the point years ago. Lots of people not knowing what the hell was going on until Mark Kavanagh came on after them and it was normal service resumed for some people after an hour and a half of Orb strangeness. Happy days. I remember one of the Sound Crowd lads (chain smoker?) going on a few years later about getting in to the music scene saying it was full of sh1tbags, junkies and sex fiends.
    That was the Point Depot in 94 wasn't it, absolutely stunning show from The Orb i could've stayed in that Acid Ecstatic trance all night:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Collective Music

Guys

Old thread but some of you may be interested to know that Sound Crowd Turntable Orchestra (Tim & Mark DJ Set) are making a comeback after 15 years apart as such. They play main support to Gabriel and Dresden on Friday September 9th at the Village Tickets from www.ticktes.ie . This show is a special one off DJ Set and will be a warm up for there 20 Year celebration event which will take place next year at some point.

There is no doubt that Tim and Mark were the sound track to many people's weekends in Dublin from 92 to 96 so the september 9th show should be a absolute cracker plus you have the added bonus of seeing Gabriel & Dresden (Voted #1 American Dance act & Producers twice)and who also have just got back together after 3 years apart.

Anyway hope you can make it along
    cm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Guys

Old thread but some of you may be interested to know that Sound Crowd Turntable Orchestra (Tim & Mark DJ Set) are making a comeback after 15 years apart as such. They play main support to Gabriel and Dresden on Friday September 9th at the Village Tickets from www.ticktes.ie . This show is a special one off DJ Set and will be a warm up for there 20 Year celebration event which will take place next year at some point.

There is no doubt that Tim and Mark were the sound track to many people's weekends in Dublin from 92 to 96 so the september 9th show should be a absolute cracker plus you have the added bonus of seeing Gabriel & Dresden (Voted #1 American Dance act & Producers twice)and who also have just got back together after 3 years apart.

Anyway hope you can make it along
    cm

great to hear :)

jonnny68 wrote: »
    great to hear :)

Yes Jonny it is. It will be a super night of Music.....

Hope you can make it along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Looks like the lads are getting back together. Maybe a live gig next Spring sometime

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sound-Crowd-Official/104756009625210

Sweet as :D

Damn, didn't notice there was a second page to this thread. Anyhooo

• Advertisement

Clanket wrote: »
    Looks like the lads are getting back together. Maybe a live gig next Spring sometime

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sound-Crowd-Official/104756009625210

Sweet as :D

Damn, didn't notice there was a second page to this thread. Anyhooo

Yeah great to see ......

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭properbo

Re-up the links??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Sound Crowd, wow, a blast from the past. Love that this thread started in '05.

4 pages of songs and no one mentions their remix of 4 Rhythm - Maniac? Without a doubt their best ever production.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

For me personally it is this track is my favorite,

Watch the video here from the Olympic starting at 17:30 through to 18:20, hard to get from the Video but this track really ignited the place,

Ahh holy ****, the Olympic was one amazing place, The context that is lost today is that all of the Rave/Dance music/Scene was new and developing at that time which really added to the buzz of it all.

It was a new time of music for a new generation, it was so thrilling and exiting that every night spent at these venues filled something inside you and you felt like you were left wanting until the following week.

The thoughts of missing any of the weekends was unimaginable, at all costs money had to be found to fund the weekends out in the Olympic, Asylum, Sides, Waterfront, Ormond…………. etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Wish I was old enough for the early / mid 90s club scene. Sound Crowd always makes me think of Pulse 103.2 and Club 106.4 FM.

Wish I was old enough for the early / mid 90s club scene. Sound Crowd always makes me think of Pulse 103.2 and Club 106.4 FM.

Don’t be wishing you were old enough, just enjoy it now for what it is, there are plenty of gigs running always that spin old tunes,

I like some classical music, but I don’t wish I was old enough to have been around in Beethoven’s time!!!

I can enjoy it now in my time for what it is, work it into your generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

JDxtra wrote: »
    Digging up an old thread here, so apologies - but does anybody know where I can source a physical copy of this?

Soundcrowd - The Singles 1995 to 1995" ?
    This thread reminded me of my earlier post. I ended up with 3 copies of this CD in the end. I guess they are bit like buses.

JDxtra wrote: »
    This thread reminded me of my earlier post. I ended up with 3 copies of this CD in the end. I guess they are bit like buses.

Do buses still come in three’s?

I thought cross city traffic, engine breakdowns, staff not turning in for work to bus depot on time, road works, traffic lights and awkward passengers that had caused that were a thing of the past since there was an app made for smartphone and digital scrolling signs put up on bus shelters?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I'm after a decent copy of Dream Lover if someone is mad enough to want to sell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement