Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How hard is it to get the rolex you want

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

always wondered why he got banned

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

The new comments on the add are good! He is quiet the salesman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Big step up from a vostok haha
    :p:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Have you any better pictures with better light please.
    No. The pictures are good enough.

What a strange man. And no, the pictures are not good.

Eoin wrote: »
    What a strange man. And no, the pictures are not good.

The chap that asked has 100+ positive feedbacks! The kinda person you want to deal with!

They he posts a wrist no hassle when asked.

Aside from attitude he has zero chance of selling on adverts at that’s price. Overpriced for a readily available watch and far to small a target market in Ireland.

• Advertisement

https://www.adverts.ie/16067204

He is gone back cap in hand....but not on his own add.

Lol!

Hi there!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

OmegaGene wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]FCF4_BD00-3081-414_C-_B7_D0-5_F18_E4348302.jpg

Took some pics in Westfield shopping centre recently so no shortage or waiting list, it’s a tiny ad with very little selection.
    Vostok hasn’t a hope of selling that for profit

Have you seen a single desirable Rolex at list while there?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Come on spill the beans
    What happened with Vostok on your listing

Nothing. I assume he saw my thread on here “McManus is back” then started that!

Strange chap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,669 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

893bet wrote: »

wildly, you would probably pay WF £11k for a stickered new one and that would be top of the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

God loves a trier by 14k is miles out, knowing adverts mind you somebody will offer 5k and a chipvan and then you finally meet somewhere in the middle at around the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

you are correct, we all know how adverts works with low ballers, you are around long enough to know this, this is why I put a guide asking price for 14,450 to deter the low-ballers, realistically I would be looking for around the 12 mark which is a average price considering the market for one in my condition.

God loves a trier by 14k is miles out, knowing adverts mind you somebody will offer 5k and a chipvan and then you finally meet somewhere in the middle at around the right price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

A+-Guru wrote: »
    you are correct, we all know how adverts works with low ballers, you are around long enough to know this, this is why I put a guide asking price for 14,450 to deter the low-ballers, realistically I would be looking for around the 12 mark which is a average price considering the market for one in my condition.

Hey man good to come on and defend the price. I understand where you are coming from. 12k is not absurd for a hulk in that condition. I assume you have it on chromo 24 too. Adverts is a limited market, and even though I have 100 transactions on adverts I would balk at that sort of a buy on the platform. Good luck with the sale, thats a nice piece.

BTW Phase change coolers, PC tech, expensive watches....if your into cars we should marry :)

have a nice day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭Homer

He is banned from this forum. Probably still reads the comments here. Steer clear!

I hear a 3rd line assembly line is coming to Rolex :D

Tbh I only put it up to test the waters if there is interest in it, I payed very near to 12k for it myself in December so I am not out to try do a flipping for profit over RRP. I do like it and really I am not pushed to sell it either.

Yes I used to be big into cars, I had a Mitsubishi EVO 5 for nearly 10 years, rebuilt and pushing over 400hp :D

Hey man good to come on and defend the price. I understand where you are coming from. 12k is not absurd for a hulk in that condition. I assume you have it on chromo 24 too. Adverts is a limited market, and even though I have 100 transactions on adverts I would balk at that sort of a buy on the platform. Good luck with the sale, thats a nice piece.

BTW Phase change coolers, PC tech, expensive watches....if your into cars we should marry :)

Tbh I only put it up to test the waters if there is interest in it, I payed very near to 12k for it myself in December so I am not out to try do a flipping for profit over RRP. I do like it and really I am not pushed to sell it either.

Yes I used to be big into cars, I had a Mitsubishi EVO 5 for nearly 10 years, rebuilt and pushing over 400hp :D

Take off the stickers and wear it!

What else is in the collection?

I will pm you, but you're inbox is full

Take off the stickers and wear it!

What else is in the collection?

• Advertisement

I will pm you, but you're inbox is full

Cleared some space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

I've had my day down for a GMT Pepsi, second on the list. The first lad got his this summer and the AD said they were hoping for another in Q1 2019, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Trade for a 5711!

One can dream :D

Hulk approaching 13k on watchfinder. Was just a touch over 12k a few posts above!
    https://www.watchfinder.ie/Rolex/Submariner/116610%20LV/16940/item/121585

Blnr also breaking the 12k mark.
    https://www.watchfinder.ie/Rolex/GMT%20Master%20II/116710%20BLNR/23940/item/122679

Assume they are selling at this prices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

absolute madness

Hulk approaching 13k on watchfinder. Was just a touch over 12k a few posts above!
    https://www.watchfinder.ie/Rolex/Submariner/116610%20LV/16940/item/121585

Blnr also breaking the 12k mark.
    https://www.watchfinder.ie/Rolex/GMT%20Master%20II/116710%20BLNR/23940/item/122679

Assume they are selling at this prices.

hulks appear to be on a non stop increase

i wonder are they actually achieving these prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

username?! wrote: »

i dont see the batman appeal, id just buy a regular 116710 and pocket the difference,

Hulk v a regular sub is more of a departure

disclaimer i own a hulk and a regular 116710 :pac:

• Advertisement

username?! wrote: »

Watchfinder price is not the greatest measure. A better measure is what are watchfinder paying for the watch from the private seller.

I would assume around 8.5-9k is fair for private sale. A bargain compared to watchfinder price. Just a smidge above retail.

Advertisement