Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muireann O'Connell

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

We're giving our opinion on a broadcaster; nobody's being nasty. You can't like everyone.

Are we not allowed criticise? Do we have to like everybody?

And you obviously have connections to her, why else would you be so defensive?

PS You can see from the poll that Muireann is more liked than not, Mike, so cool your jets.
    Were you hoping for 100%?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

fussyonion wrote: »
    PS You can see from the poll that Muireann is more liked than not, Mike, so cool your jets.
    That doesn't mean I have to like her, does it?

I wasn't talking to you and I don't know what you mean.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

She was talking to Mike O’Brien not you buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

We're giving our opinion on a broadcaster; nobody's being nasty. You can't like everyone.

Are we not allowed criticise? Do we have to like everybody?

And you obviously have connections to her, why else would you be so defensive?

Daft assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭thesultan

She is wasted her in the radio because she has the best legs on tv☺. She is very good on the SIx O'clock show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

thesultan wrote: »
    She is wasted her in the radio because she has the best legs on tv☺. She is very good on the SIx O'clock show.

Do you watch it with the volume turned down, she talks some amount of mundane s**t on her radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,806 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm not a fan, and as a result would rarely listen to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

hopeso wrote: »
    Another 'annoying' vote from me.......Far too found of saying her own name every chance she gets, like most female presenters seem to do for some reason......
    All presenters repeat their name throughout the show because they have to. Bizarre thing to complain about and to decide it's something only female presenters do.

Not my cuppa tea but if she's getting plenty of work, good on her. We would all take any fill-in gigs we are offered if our regular work is only two shows/one tv slot per week. Pretty stupid not to.

As said, similar to Phil Cawley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Sorry to drag up old thread but....

https://www.thejournal.ie/today-fm-4745872-Jul2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭razorronan

I wouldn't be taking out a long term mortgage if I was working in radio. There seems to be constant firings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Great voice for radio, lovely girl in general...no she's not my missus....:P

yeah I like/liked her . Liked here choice of music as well... I suppose her replacement will be ok too, that mairead ronan one ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

yeah I like/liked her . Liked here choice of music as well... I suppose her replacement will be ok too, that mairead ronan one ..

I hate Mairead, mostly from the Ray D'Arcy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

I hate Mairead, mostly from the Ray D'Arcy days.

Still can’t understand how Moany Mairead got a job. She’s as bad as mairead

I dont remember mairead from D'arcy meself personally. think first I saw of her was on the Supervalu and on the bbc1 holiday programme

• Great voice for radio, lovely girl in general...no she's not my missus....:P

Radio these days is more about politics,than it is about talent....Great presenter..She's not my missus either...😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I liked Muireann at the start but eh...….better than ronan

• Would there be room on the couch on Ireland am,when Cagney leaves..

• Advertisement

Would there be room on the couch on Ireland am,when Cagney leaves..

Oh jasus don’t say that. Though there’s been loads of room on the couch since the fat and the over inflated ego of Aidan Cooney was ditched

Are they getting rid of anyone else? Fingers crossed Dermot and Dave are ditched. So unfunny and so very irritating

Are they getting rid of anyone else? Fingers crossed Dermot and Dave are ditched. So unfunny and so very irritating

Rather Ferg D'arcy, Paula "louder/shriller Louise Duffy" McSweeney or Alison "I have a child/twitter account" Curtis tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

Yes, I think Mairead should have went to RTE whatever with Ray D'arsy. The pair of them were as annoying as each other. I thought Muireann was quite good and was doing okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭swampy353

newspower wrote: »
    Yes, I think Mairead should have went to RTE whatever with Ray D'arsy. The pair of them were as annoying as each other. I thought Muireann was quite good and was doing okay.

As far as I remember, D'Arcy went off sick, joined RTE and mariead only found out when the news went public. Think there was a fair bit of anamosity between them by time D'Arcy went to rte

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

swampy353 wrote: »
    As far as I remember, D'Arcy went off sick, joined RTE and mariead only found out when the news went public. Think there was a fair bit of anamosity between them by time D'Arcy went to rte

Even he had problems getting shut of her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭swampy353

newspower wrote: »
    Even he had problems getting shut of her:D

Shows what a pr1ck D'Arcy is you work with someone for 10+ years and you ghost them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Whinging on twitter as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Cateym

The Twitter feed comments after the announcement are extremely negative. Literally two or three comments favourable towards Maireád. The rest very unhappy with the move. I found MR very unnatural when she was on recently.

• Advertisement

swampy353 wrote: »
    Shows what a pr1ck D'Arcy is you work with someone for 10+ years and you ghost them

wonder if the wife had a say in that

Advertisement