Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Super goal from Aisling Mccarthy

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

How come Tipperarys goalkeeper plays for Ballymacarbry, isn't that in Waterford

I like the jerseys but is than any reason why they don't wear the normal colours?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

3 all-ireland finals 3 wins, unlike kilkenny 3 finals 0 wins, going to be a great winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

How come Tipperarys goalkeeper plays for Ballymacarbry, isn't that in Waterford

From Newcastle, ballymac her closest club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭klose

Won comfortably in the end, aisling moloney is some baller!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

iebamm2580 wrote:
    From Newcastle, ballymac her closest club.

Thanks. Didn't know the club could be in another county. Live and learn :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Well done Tipperary Ladies.

Final score Tipperary 2:16 Meath 1:14

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Sars beaten by the church and are knocked out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Xenophile wrote: »
    It's a crying shame that no one has bothered to put a post here regarding the Ladies Football Team.

Why is it a shame? It’s an opinion forum. There’s no obligation to post anything.

Hopefully all the other posters recover from their ‘shame’

• Advertisement

Good game between Swan and mullinahone today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

digzy wrote: »
    Why is it a shame? It’s an opinion forum. There’s no obligation to post anything.

Hopefully all the other posters recover from their ‘shame’
    If xenophile had just posted best of luck it was fine.
    Shame few posters didnt/dont post more beyond just the hurling team(s)..
    No need for attitude....

Great win. Will be good challenge in 4 team munster championship next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

If xenophile had just posted best of luck it was fine.
    Shame few posters didnt/dont post more beyond just the hurling team(s)..
    No need for attitude....

Great win. Will be good challenge in 4 team munster championship next year

Why’s it a shame. A few posters aren’t too pushed about football (or at least they don’t post about it). Even less appear to be interested in intermediate ladies football....
    Is it shameful that’s there’s multiple threads on provincial/ national men’s rugby sides and none ( I’m assuming) regarding the ladies sides?

No ‘shame’ there. I doubt you or any other posters here could name 3 players on that team.

But no doubt you’ll argue endlessly with one of your usual straw man arguments and misconstrue my lack of interest in ladies football as sexism and disrespectful .

Enjoy the World Cup!!

digzy wrote: »
    Why’s it a shame. A few posters aren’t too pushed about football (or at least they don’t post about it). Even less appear to be interested in intermediate ladies football....
    Is it shameful that’s there’s multiple threads on provincial/ national men’s rugby sides and none ( I’m assuming) regarding the ladies sides?

No ‘shame’ there. I doubt you or any other posters here could name 3 players on that team.

But no doubt you’ll argue endlessly with one of your usual straw man arguments and misconstrue my lack of interest in ladies football as sexism and disrespectful .

Enjoy the World Cup!!
    I could easily name many more than 3. Sure of the most recent squad ive refereed quite a few playing and know others through friends.
    So little focus on womens sport here especially those successful when we have so much drivel said on mens hurling.....

There was a better tipp support at the ladies final than you'd see in thurles for a league game for the male footballers today, 50,000+ in attendance for Dublin Galway game I believe? Fantastic day for women's sports!

klose wrote: »
    There was a better tipp support at the ladies final than you'd see in thurles for a league game for the male footballers today, 50,000+ in attendance for Dublin Galway game I believe? Fantastic day for women's sports!

Great result! The girls were brilliant and are back where they belong. There is absolutely no reason on earth why they cant challenge the top teams next year.

The talent is there, the youth is there and also the bit of experience. We will go into the 2020 Championship having had two years of division 1 football and also a previous senior championship behind us in 2018.

Both of the Aislings and Orla were oustanding today as was Kennedy at number 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Field east

I watched the men’s and women’s senior football finals and noticed a lot was in common whit how both teams played especially with regards to the ability and PATIENCE to ‘ Pass The Parcel ‘ with confidence up to the D area and then attempt the kick. They were also quiet robust/ strong players with a good mix of aggression between them.
    The strategy employed by both teams seems to have been quiet simple. Some make out that Gavin - and by implication Bohan- have a big complex secret as to why they are. So successful. I would say - just watch the two games again and the strategy adapted is all there in front of us.

What's the feeling on David Power taking over the footballers?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hmmm. Divided. He done exceptionally well with most of that crop at minor but Senior is a whole different ball game. Ill keep an open mind to him. We need a really good trainer to go with him and the county board has to really start backing him. Talk of MQ going abroad working which would be a disaster but i would wish Michael all the best in any case.

Hmmm. Divided. He done exceptionally well with most of that crop at minor but Senior is a whole different ball game. Ill keep an open mind to him. We need a really good trainer to go with him and the county board has to really start backing him. Talk of MQ going abroad working which would be a disaster but i would wish Michael all the best in any case.
    Why divided?
    He did well with the minors and then 21s and has senior experience and got it in totally different county/environment.
    He is an excellent coach so when you say good trainer with him what kind of person would you want with him?

• Advertisement

Why divided?
    He did well with the minors and then 21s and has senior experience and got it in totally different county/environment.
    He is an excellent coach so when you say good trainer with him what kind of person would you want with him?

Why divided?

Well as I said, Senior is a whole different ball game and yes look Wexford were shíte before he took over so its an unfair stick to beat Power with really but he still has a big job ahead of him with relatively little experience in terms of Senior management.

Im not quite sure how he'll fare, but I wish him well in any case. Id be lying if i said i was overbowled with optimism but id be delighted to be proven wrong. While we are on the subject of a trainer, when Jerome Stack left in early 2017, we were never as good. Brian Lacey leaving last year was another blow and Tommy Twomey also left to go to Laois with Creedon for a year (Im not sure whether he returned)

I think its critical to have good tacticians in the setup. You only have to look at the hurlers this year and the preparation put in under Sheedy. Its a decent template to follow but extremely costly id imagine

Perhaps that is just a coincidence. Who Power gets in around him will be crucial the same as it was for Sheedy. I suppose its a good thing its going to a man that is emotionally invested in Tipp football at least.

No, he was a total failure with Wexford.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I thought McGeever would be favourite for the job.

I hope Power does well - pivotal time to take over Tipperary.

Charlie McKeever, Joe Hayes -( former Clare Keeper) Micky Mcgeenan and Paddy Christie (Dub) is supposed to be the backroom team.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Charlie McGeever recently retired from teaching. A Donegal man, maybe he wants to stay with his work for TG4. Any appointment made yet.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Charlie McGeever recently retired from teaching. A Donegal man, maybe he wants to stay with his work for TG4. Any appointment made yet.

Talk of Charlie joining Powers management team along with Paddy Christie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Talk of Charlie joining Powers management team along with Paddy Christie

Good management team so.

Was looking up about Charlie McGeever - very impressive athlete and manager (very unlucky with injuries when he was playing though).

Charlie McGeever must not want the job, in my opinion he would make the best manager.

Do not expect much from the footballers next year but I hope I am wrong.

• Advertisement

No mention of a Football appointment on the Tipperary County Board website. I guess they are just not interested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement