Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

A momentous day yesterday.

20190913-143907.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,343 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

20190913-143907.jpg

Nearly at that myself minus the first 6 tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭visatorro

20190913-143907.jpg

That a case? Just not long past that myself, what hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

visatorro wrote: »

Yeah it's a case.
    6666.6 hours. Year 2010.

Yeah it's a case.
    6666.6 hours. Year 2010.

Mine is.2007, took me a bit longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Thank you, what does the threaded end connect to? I'm assuming the end with the eye goes in first and is secured by a bolt at the back of the hitch.

If I remember correctly u take a piece off the one coming off and refit

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Thank you, what does the threaded end connect to? I'm assuming the end with the eye goes in first and is secured by a bolt at the back of the hitch.

If I remember correctly u take a piece off the one coming off and refit

That would make sense, I was thinking that there'd have to be something else connecting on to it to join it together. Thanks for the assistance, I ordered the one in ormands link there now so hopefully have it sometime next week. I use the trailer almost daily so I want to get it sorted and make sure I've the right part before I go ripping it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/on-site-pics-machinery-hauled-parked-and-ready-for-ploughing-2019/#lg=1&slide=49

Out of curiosity, if anyone is going to the ploughing and come across the mini zero grazer shown above, I'd appreciate if you could get a ballpark price on it?

I have a neighbour looking for something like that for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/on-site-pics-machinery-hauled-parked-and-ready-for-ploughing-2019/#lg=1&slide=49

Out of curiosity, if anyone is going to the ploughing and come across the mini zero grazer shown above, I'd appreciate if you could get a ballpark price on it?

I have a neighbour looking for something like that for a while.

Awh yeah. A neighbour ;) Couldn't be up to ye cute kerry haures . Yerra yerra

Awh yeah. A neighbour ;) Couldn't be up to ye cute kerry haures . Yerra yerra

Jaysus I have enough machinery:D

A lad I know cuts a bit with a drum mower and collects the grass with a loader into a trailer into a few animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭hopeso

A lad I know cuts a bit with a drum mower and collects the grass with a loader into a trailer into a few animals.

And he'll probably continue to do so, when he gets the price of that yoke..... :eek::D

hopeso wrote: »
    And he'll probably continue to do so, when he gets the price of that yoke..... :eek::D

Machinery is gone to be a mad price

Did u ever pass the lad cutting out near the old dump ? Around the bad bends. In lyre that is

Did u ever pass the lad cutting out near the old dump ? Around the bad bends. In lyre that is

No, never came across him. Haven't been in Lyre with years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭White Clover

What is he using? I haven't travelled that way in 12 months or so. is that the lad below the road? Tidy operation there by looks of it.

What is he using? I haven't travelled that way in 12 months or so. is that the lad below the road? Tidy operation there by looks of it.

That’s savage ur thinking off big dairy lad , it’s over another bit , u would see a heap of wheel barrows at the gate old lad cuts with the scythe draws in the grass and brings out the dung spreads by hand , and fertiliser is put out with the bucket, has a few milking cows ud never see them out much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Anyone know what you'd be needing for a 16ft tractor drawn livestock trailer? Demountable and/or fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Tileman

Thinking of buying a hedge cutter up north.
    Contractor gone too dear and spending a 1k a year on cutting heshe’s is too much. He usually doesn’t come until November and the land is wet .
    Priced one up north and it’s good value but the vat 20% is making it dear.
    Not vat registered. Any way around it

Tileman wrote: »
    Thinking of buying a hedge cutter up north.
    Contractor gone too dear and spending a 1k a year on cutting heshe’s is too much. He usually doesn’t come until November and the land is wet .
    Priced one up north and it’s good value but the vat 20% is making it dear.
    Not vat registered. Any way around it

Can be abit of maintenance to a hedgecutter so make sure you buy a decent one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Tileman

Reggie. wrote: »

Yea it’s a good fresh one. Anything in particular to look out for

• Advertisement

Dont really know myself. Was thinking of getting one but the maintenance is unreal but so is a mower I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Attie Ross

I would recommended one with independent hydraulics make sure the pump is tightly fitted to the frame and oil is in good nick. Next make sure all brushing's are tight run your eye on all the frames make sure everything is straight. The head watch the roter is straight and not unbalanced and bearings are tight, the head gets the most of the beating people using it to cut trees. The t fails are best for cutting hedges.
    I have a spearhead that hinges on a frame and it's a pig to put on especially if you're on your own.
    My machine is aged and can't reverse roter which I'd like to be able to do.
    Make sure to keep the fails sharp,need to be checked as the bolts come lose and need to be tightened up.
    Good luck on your quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭maidhc

Reggie. wrote: »

They aren't that bad. I bought a (very) old McConnell PA24 5/6 years ago up the side of a mountain and it works the finest. I re bushed the rotor a few years back, but that is about the sum total of it. Handy thing to have.

maidhc wrote: »
    They aren't that bad. I bought a (very) old McConnell PA24 5/6 years ago up the side of a mountain and it works the finest. I re bushed the rotor a few years back, but that is about the sum total of it. Handy thing to have.

Good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Couldn't see you putting a hedge cutter on your tractor!!!

You'd have to buy a tractor/hedgecutter setup but then you'd probably start tipping up "the bad tractor"! :D

Muckit wrote: »
    Couldn't see you putting a hedge cutter on your tractor!!!

You'd have to buy a tractor/hedgecutter setup but then you'd probably start tipping up "the bad tractor"! :D

Thought crossed my mind

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I think I've mentioned this before but what are lad's opinions on double verses tri axle in a 12" foot cattle trailer?. I was pricing trailers today at the ploughing and they (sales reps) all seemed against going for the tri axle despite the fact that some of them manufacturer and sell tri axle 12" trailers. In my mind it would be a steadier trailer but perhaps it's over kill, I've always wanted to buy a 12" Porter trailer but the supposed waiting list is putting me off, I'm not in a huge panic but would prefer to get it bought and be using it at the same time. A 12" Nugent with a tank and chequer plate mudguards caught my eye, the option of finance is another bonus tbh. My current trailer is doing the job the finest atm but I'm leaning towards buying new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭cjpm

maidhc wrote: »

Have an old Bomford FarmTrim here. Very little goes wrong with it in fairness. Bought for handy money about 20 years ago, and has done all the hedging here since.

I think I've mentioned this before but what are lad's opinions on double verses tri axle in a 12" foot cattle trailer?. I was pricing trailers today at the ploughing and they (sales reps) all seemed against going for the tri axle despite the fact that some of them manufacturer and sell tri axle 12" trailers. In my mind it would be a steadier trailer but perhaps it's over kill, I've always wanted to buy a 12" Porter trailer but the supposed waiting list is putting me off, I'm not in a huge panic but would prefer to get it bought and be using it at the same time. A 12" Nugent with a tank and chequer plate mudguards caught my eye, the option of finance is another bonus tbh. My current trailer is doing the job the finest atm but I'm leaning towards buying new.

No need for three axle on twelve foot trailer I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭mayota

No need for three axle on twelve foot trailer I'd imagine

Less payload also.

Advertisement